ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs 2013 QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264970)

Rasputin 10-11-2012 12:18 AM

Thats what I want is a QB to grow with the team only getting better with time. We can tweek the team as the seasons go to fit the needs and continue to build a championship team. It all starts with the QB imo.

AussieChiefsFan 10-11-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9000821)
Thats what I want is a QB to grow with the team only getting better with time. We can tweek the team as the seasons go to fit the needs and continue to build a championship team. It all starts with the QB imo.

This

Phobia 10-11-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9000815)
YES Phobia agreeing with me **** yeah!

:)

Ain't no thing. I've agreed with bigger idiots than you.

Rasputin 10-11-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9000835)
Ain't no thing. I've agreed with bigger idiots than you.

Awesome

KChiefer 10-11-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9000818)
Honestly, I think a Rookie QB would see the Chiefs as a dream situation to be coming into.

Except that if he ever gets injured he knows fans will all line up to pee on his open wound.

KCrockaholic 10-11-2012 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9000879)
Except that if he ever gets injured he knows fans will all line up to pee on his open wound.

It's SICKENING

Oh Snap 10-11-2012 08:36 AM

It's been 20+ years since the chiefs drafted a QB in the first round. I just can't imagine it ever happening. Unless we luck out and find a Trent Green type player, we're the Cleveland Browns and the Washington Redskins before they drafted RG III.

Molitoth 10-11-2012 08:46 AM

There are many factors:

Who is the head coach?
I don't expect any QB to strive under Romeo Crennel. His track record as a head coach is god awful, and he is showing more and more every week that he is just an absolute moron.

Who is the OC?
Is he calling bullshit predictable plays? Will he let the QB audible at the los? Does he use the run to setup the pass or vice versa, or is he an unbalanced reerun?

How much talent is on the team?
I'm one to think the QB makes the WR's... not the other way around, but if WR's are dropping easily catchable balls consistently, I will not put that on the QB. I believe there should always be at least 1 open receiver on the field every pass play and it's the QB's job to find him.

Is there a running game?
I don't expect a QB to be any good with a Running back that cannot find open lanes to run through or good enough blocking. Even a mediocre running game should be good enough to open up the play action passing game.

Is the QB getting better in his mechanics?
Does he go through progressions? Audible? Find the open WR? Maintain accuracy?
Even Tom Brady and Peyton Manning throw the occasional INT from a stupid decision. It's going to happen. Do the positives outweight the negatives?

Really just use the Eye Test every week.

I knew after the 2009 season watching Matt Cassel every game that he was NEVER going to have the "IT" factor. He will simply NOT look off receivers, and that is one of the biggest detrimental pieces of being an NFL QB.

Rausch 10-11-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9000723)
This was brought up in another thread so I thought I'd make a thread out of it.

:spock:

Omaha 10-11-2012 09:07 AM

Ooooh, here's a topic that hasn't been discussed in 40% of the threads on the front page!

Chief Roundup 10-11-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 9001230)
It's been 20+ years since the chiefs drafted a QB in the first round. I just can't imagine it ever happening. Unless we luck out and find a Trent Green type player, we're the Cleveland Browns and the Washington Redskins before they drafted RG III.

No we are worse because they have drafted multiple QBs over the years.

The Franchise 10-11-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9000753)
Geno Smith wouldn't be Brady Quinnish.

Just saying.

So you're saying that Geno Smith couldn't start 2 games and then get injured?

kushed god 10-11-2012 09:53 AM

Are the chiefs cursed or something, is there some sort of Kansas City mafia that doesn't allow us to draft QB's in the first round?

RealSNR 10-11-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9000884)
It's SICKENING

I got out my calculator, and my calculations tell me it's only 89.2% sickening. So it's not quite the same thing.