ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Will a blackout work? - Mellinger (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266658)

Hammock Parties 11-15-2012 07:00 PM

One thing that might help us, is a lot of people wear dark cold weather gear to Arrowhead in November.

We might have inadvertent support.

BigRedChief 11-15-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9121163)
I think you're right. It's unfortunate that the usefulness of SOC will be judged by how many black shirts are in the crowd.

Well surely you knew this going in when it was decided to take the SOC in this direction.

007 11-15-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9121829)
One thing that might help us, is a lot of people wear dark cold weather gear to Arrowhead in November.

We might have inadvertent support.

55 degrees is hardly cold.

wazu 11-15-2012 07:26 PM

I honestly had strong reservations when I saw that this was the next big plan. But now that it is and seeing how much it's been promoted I'm excited for it. If it works it is HUGE! And it might. If it fails it's still no small thing. Not with how much media coverage it's gotten.

It's not easy leading a movement like this. Not everything you try works, and there is learning along the way, but I'm glad to see somebody pick up the banner and try.

And consider this - if it really flops and there is not much black, then that gives us an honest evaluation of how big a percentage of the fan base is really behind this. It may be sobering, but necessary. It doesn't mean we would give up, but it's a measuring stick that can be applied to all future hijinx that are tried.

tk13 11-15-2012 07:30 PM

The only thing that can go wrong is exactly what he says in the article... Clark sees it and thinks it's only a small portion of crazies who are upset and decides to give Pioli 2 more years. Otherwise it's probably positive promotion.

But that's the risk you take when you go from almost a guerrilla warfare style of getting someone's attention to putting yourself out in the open and saying come at me. All the mystery is gone.

Brock 11-15-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9121888)
The only thing that can go wrong is exactly what he says in the article... Clark sees it and thinks it's only a small portion of crazies who are upset and decides to give Pioli 2 more years. Otherwise it's probably positive promotion.

But that's the risk you take when you go from almost a guerrilla warfare style of getting someone's attention to putting yourself out in the open and saying come at me. All the mystery is gone.

The fact that Clark is even aware this idea exists is something.

HonestChieffan 11-15-2012 07:38 PM

My paid for seat will be empty. I like Clark but it time to show he has a set and start the fire.

redgoldexpress 11-15-2012 08:02 PM

I would love to hand out fliers but on Sunday I am working from 5 in the morning to 7 at night. I will be recording the game to hopefully watch the stadium about a quarter black. I think that the best way of keeping the momentum going is from here on out keep putting on the pressure of the blackout, and keeping it going for the rest of the home games. Which each lose the numbers of fans wearing black shirts should grow every game.

Chief Roundup 11-15-2012 08:03 PM

It really depends on your definition of success. SOC is already a success IMO. Because of being mentioned in the local and national media. The Blackouts' success will depend on a few things. One is how many shirts were sold. Another is that it has already been mentioned and people are aware and want to see the outcome. Of course the outcome that most want to see is also the most debateable of success. If there is any patches or small areas like 15 to 20 people together it is a success.

wazu 11-15-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Fair point. But by drawing a line in the sand and trying to do something really big, it has gotten a lot more media exposure. It's a gamble, but do we really have anything left to lose?

Chief Roundup 11-15-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9121868)
55 degrees is hardly cold.

If it is a little breezy 55 will be chilly in the 300 sections.

ILChief 11-15-2012 08:14 PM

Well the bengals color is black, so any visiting fans should help the appearance

Chief Roundup 11-15-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Surely no one is unrealistic enough to think this movement would get any owner to fire thier GM. All that can truly be accomplished is being just enough to finish Pioli off.

Chief3188 11-15-2012 08:22 PM

People should chip in money to buy a large quantity of black shirts if that hasn't been done already and offer them out to free to anyone who will put it on right then and there and go into the stadium with it.

Spott 11-15-2012 08:36 PM

I think it would be a little humorous if the Chiefs decided to wear an alternate black jersey for the game so it wouldn't look like a protest with a bunch of fans wearing black in the stands.