ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Any interest in Kent State's Dri Archer? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268552)

htismaqe 01-06-2013 08:35 AM

Any interest in Kent State's Dri Archer?

He's basically a better version of McCluster. I don't disagree with the thought process on McCluster, we just took him too high and he turned out not to be what we thought he was.

I think we need to take a late-round flyer on some of these types, they're valuable.

Saccopoo 01-06-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9287497)
He's basically a better version of McCluster. I don't disagree with the thought process on McCluster, we just took him too high and he turned out not to be what we thought he was.

I think we need to take a late-round flyer on some of these types, they're valuable.

As long as we have McCluster and Wylie on the team, I don't see the point of drafting another guy just like them.

And I'm going to give McCluster the benefit of the doubt with regards to his play in association with Crennel and Daboll and Cassel.

He was a hell of the player at the college level and would really give Geno a Tavon Austin type of guy. While I do agree that he was taken too high and we should have selected Zane Beadles with that pick, I've got to believe that we've utilized him incorrectly and a new coordinator/HC and new QB would be able to get a lot more out of him that what's happened the past couple of seasons.

jd1020 01-06-2013 12:14 PM

Seriously. We don't just have McCluster. We have McCluster and Wylie. Enough of these midgets.

We need a #2 WR lined up outside opposite of Bowe, not a revolving door of wannabe Welkers.

Saccopoo 01-06-2013 12:52 PM

If Justin Hunter, David Amerson and Xavier Rhodes are sitting there at the top of the second round, that's going to be a very hard decision.

O.city 01-06-2013 03:04 PM

I'd take the CB there Sac, as I think Bailey will be there in the third and I like him as much as many other wr's in this draft.

I'm also thinking about unloading our third round pick, if we get a comp 3rd rounder for Carr, to the Eagles for Maclin.

Saccopoo 01-06-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9288593)
I'd take the CB there Sac, as I think Bailey will be there in the third and I like him as much as many other wr's in this draft.

I'm also thinking about unloading our third round pick, if we get a comp 3rd rounder for Carr, to the Eagles for Maclin.

You are going to be also looking at guys like Phillip Thomas and Shane Skov at the top of the third. (And I agree that Stedman will most likely be there at the top of the third as well.)

The Chiefs could really come out well in this draft, especially if they get the comp pick in the third for Carr as expected.

1. Geno
2. Amerson or Rhodes
3. Phillips or Skov or Bailey

would be a real nice start to the draft for this team.

htismaqe 01-06-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9288074)
As long as we have McCluster and Wylie on the team, I don't see the point of drafting another guy just like them.

And I'm going to give McCluster the benefit of the doubt with regards to his play in association with Crennel and Daboll and Cassel.

He was a hell of the player at the college level and would really give Geno a Tavon Austin type of guy. While I do agree that he was taken too high and we should have selected Zane Beadles with that pick, I've got to believe that we've utilized him incorrectly and a new coordinator/HC and new QB would be able to get a lot more out of him that what's happened the past couple of seasons.

He's BETTER than McCluster. McCluster is a converted QB/RB. He's essentially a smaller, less-talent Dennard Robinson.

Dri is a true HB/WR hybrid than can also return both punts and kicks. I see him play and I think "Marshall Faulk".

htismaqe 01-06-2013 04:21 PM

I'd be looking for a long, athletic TE in this draft...

O.city 01-06-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9288935)

Jordan Reed, Florida. Check him out.

O.city 01-06-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9288657)
You are going to be also looking at guys like Phillip Thomas and Shane Skov at the top of the third. (And I agree that Stedman will most likely be there at the top of the third as well.)

The Chiefs could really come out well in this draft, especially if they get the comp pick in the third for Carr as expected.

1. Geno
2. Amerson or Rhodes

If you have 2 3rd rounders and could come out with SKOV and Bailey, coup.

Sorter 01-07-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Last year was the year to draft one IMO.

Sorter 01-07-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9289826)

Yeah, he intrigues me.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9288178)
If Justin Hunter, David Amerson and Xavier Rhodes are sitting there at the top of the second round, that's going to be a very hard decision.

Take the CB. This draft is extremely deep at WR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9288657)

1. Geno
2. Amerson or Rhodes

Skov is nice but I also really like Jon Bostic and think he can be had in the 3rd or 4th.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9289826)

Reed is still very raw, so I'm a bit hesitant. I really like Joseph Fauria.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP
I really like Joseph Fauria.

Me too.

Dante84 01-08-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

That kid from ND looked good tonight.

jd1020 01-08-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9295473)

He's projected as a 1-2 round pick.

Even if he did slide to #34 I wouldn't take him simply because there are more important positions that need to be addressed before a backup/replacement TE.

I haven't watched any of this guy and there aren't any vids of him to watch but just by looking at his measurables and whats being written about him I'd look at Zach Sudfeld late.

O.city 01-08-2013 05:09 PM

Jordan Reed from Florida in the 3 or 4 round would be a great TE pickup

htismaqe 01-10-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9295473)

Probably gonna go in the mid-20s.

DJ's left nut 01-10-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9288178)

I love Justin Hunter. He's a JIMP pick.

But Xavier Rhodes is a JIMP and potential priapism pick. If Xavier Rhodes slides to 2.2, we absolutely have to take him, IMO.

At worst, it gives Baldwin another year to prove himself.