ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Lee's Summit considering Pit Bull Ban (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142317)

BIG_DADDY 06-15-2006 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PennyWise
Those are some sad phone numbers.

ROFL I just cut and paste and it came out that way. I try to fight BSL nationally. Dog owners need to unite on this subject. I am convinced that attempting BSL out here cost Jackie in the last election. We are a powerful group united but they will take our dogs if we divide or don't make it an important issue. It doesn't take a lot of time to e-mail and fax all your local politicians and let them know they will never get your vote if they support BSL.

BIG_DADDY 06-15-2006 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
They want to outlaw Boxers?

Half the people in Kansas City would have to move out.

All it will take is one boxer biting someone. BSL is about all real dogs. If having one is of any importance to you get involved. It's not as time consuming as you may think.

BIG_DADDY 06-15-2006 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
there are a ton of boxers around the op area

If you follow BSL at all you know the pit bull is just the one being demonized. The goal is to go after many dogs. The one's I posted are the most popular to go after but there are even more outlawed in different areas of the country right now including the English Bully which is beyond ridiculous.

Eleazar 06-15-2006 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
If you follow BSL at all you know the pit bull is just the one being demonized. The goal is to go after many dogs. The one's I posted are the most popular to go after but there are even more outlawed in different areas of the country right now including the English Bully which is beyond ridiculous.

My neighbors had a Chow when I was little that I was terrified of, but it was genuinely a psycho dog. But another in that neighborhood had an English Bulldog, and I think I could have walked and outrun that thing. I don't see how it could be dangerous. It was all the thing could do to breathe, let alone chase down and attack someone.

MOhillbilly 06-15-2006 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY

BD, i wonder if any of the AR groups are behind this fearmongering including the ASPCA and HSUS?

any evidence?

Lzen 06-15-2006 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PennyWise
Those are some sad phone numbers.

ROFL

BIG_DADDY 06-15-2006 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly
BD, i wonder if any of the AR groups are behind this fearmongering including the ASPCA and HSUS?

any evidence?

It's been my experience that they back the legislators of proposed BSL when they try to pass it. Jacky Speier used them and their backing to try to try and get it through here. Every area may be different though. Our strength comes in numbers. Over half the households in the US have dogs to the tone of 61 million and will vote over party lines to keep them. That is VERY powerfull. It's just getting all dog owners on the same page and getting them to understand what is really going on.

Lzen 06-15-2006 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
What a frickin' joke. I'm not familiar with most of those breeds, but I have first hand knowledge of boxers (I just lost my 12 year old female this spring).

I don't know how anyone with a shred of intelligence could consider boxers as a dangerous breed. It is common knowledge in the dog world that boxers are one of the most gentle breeds to have around children.

My only experience with a boxer is with my brother-in-law's boxer. That dog is great with all the kids, my 3 and my SIL's 3. If anything, he's a little overwhelming with the playfulness, but not mean at all. He's a great dog. I may get a boxer when my dog dies.

Inspector 06-15-2006 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chan93lx50
Hmmm, so much for living in a free country?

I've always wondered what that would be like.....

I just wish they'd outlaw cats. Then I'd have a good excuse to get rid of the two my wife has.

Outlawing dogs is as ridiculous as some of the other assinign things that get outlawed.

Dartgod 06-15-2006 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
I may get a boxer when my dog dies.

I highly recommend it. I'd get another, but i've already got two rescued dogs and there's no way I'm getting another.

Mr. Laz 06-15-2006 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr
I can't believe this hasn't been talked about here... did I just miss it?

Big Daddy posts about it on a weekly basis

BIG_DADDY 06-15-2006 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
My only experience with a boxer is with my brother-in-law's boxer. That dog is great with all the kids, my 3 and my SIL's 3. If anything, he's a little overwhelming with the playfulness, but not mean at all. He's a great dog. I may get a boxer when my dog dies.

I hear a lot about how many there are in op. They already have ridiculous permit laws on the books now. The only reason they would go for an outright ban is to eventually go after many breeds. See how that works. They make you get the permit then pass an outright ban and since you are a good law abiding citizen they now know where your dog is so they can come and kill it. Isn't that nice? This is what is on the books now in op:

http://www.opkansas.org/_Res/Pets/dangeranimals.cfm

Chan93lx50 06-15-2006 10:45 AM

Why don't they just outlaw sex, that kills more people than Dog bites!

BIG_DADDY 06-15-2006 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
Big Daddy posts about it on a weekly basis

That's a massive exaggeration look at the background of my posts if you think so. Then again Laz is cat man so you can see why his opinion may be a little bit skewed.

kcfan88 06-15-2006 10:55 AM

"Helmuts " what kind of dog breed is this? similar to the "hounds of hell"??