ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Brady Quinn, go on record (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264964)

michaelj_58 10-11-2012 03:31 PM

If he doesn't throw an interception or fumble the ball I will be ecstatic,Wouldn't it be nice for a change if we found a diamond in the rough Quarterback,JUST ONCE in a life time.that's not asking too much is it.I'm 52 and all remember is Len Dawson and Joe Montana.

Aries Walker 10-11-2012 03:34 PM

Trent Green, too. I could make a moderate case for Dave Krieg and Rich Gannon as well.

As for Brady Quinn, I don't think he's a superstar in the making, but his performance aside, just having a change will energize the enthusiasm of the team, I think.

Jebus Crimbus 10-11-2012 10:52 PM

Some rustled jimmies up in this bitch.

NJChiefsFan 10-11-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan (Post 9001617)
Sure didn't seem that way Sunday...

Did you actually watch the videos or the game itself? If so great, I can promise you none of the "experts" on any of the shows did.

Let me be clear. I don't care what you think of the fan base. I am tired of us being known as the "nice, loud fan base without a good team." If you think we are Eagle fans oh well. I don't want Cassel hurt but I do hate the **** out of the guy. Think what you want. If you are trolling fine, but if you think a bunch of media members who weren't actually at the game know what they are talking about then you should wake up.

I do give you credit for finding something to troll about though cause talking shit about this game isn't going to get you far considering we want the loss as much as you do.

royr17 10-11-2012 11:21 PM

before everybody pass judgement, why dont we just give him a chance to see what he can do with better talent in front of him then what he even had to work with in cleveland.

i have a feeling that he is goin to surprise.

Hammock Parties 10-11-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jebus Crimbus (Post 9004329)
Some rustled jimmies up in this bitch.

http://i.imgur.com/rZK7r.jpg

BossChief 10-11-2012 11:30 PM

Here are some good threads worth reading back through...

Romeo Crennel thinks Orton should be the 2012 starter if he wins last two games

Per Nick Wright, Orton to start against Packers

DJ's left nut 10-12-2012 12:21 AM

I haven't actually posted a guess anywhere, so here's my actual guess for projections:

18/28, 220 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT.

teedubya 10-12-2012 12:33 AM

At this point, I don't CARE if Quinn is better than Cassel... the fact that whenever I would SEE Cassel out there, my blood pressure would rise and I would start to feel hate... at least Sunday, I can watch the game and somewhat enjoy it.

BossChief 10-12-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9004456)
At this point, I don't CARE if Quinn is better than Cassel... the fact that whenever I would SEE Cassel out there, my blood pressure would rise and I would start to feel hate... at least Sunday, I can watch the game and somewhat enjoy it.

pretty much

I see the 5% chance that there is something in Quinn to be excited about as far greater than the 0% I get from watching a Cassel lead Chiefs game.

Unsmooth-Moment 10-12-2012 01:15 AM

Quinn > Cassel

As I said before the season.

New World Order 10-12-2012 01:36 AM

I meant to select option C. Well shit

PutQuinnIn 10-12-2012 08:20 AM

Quinn will win, provided he doesn't try to do too much his first game. I don't think he's had the opportunity to play with this much talent since his days at N.D.

BoneKrusher 10-12-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9004456)

same here. :thumb:

notorious 10-12-2012 08:28 AM

The positives about Quinn are following:

1. He played QB while in college

2. He has NFL level skills

3. His previous failure was at a pile of shit franchise like our own (uh-oh :facepalm:)

Sonic Cowboy-Raider 10-12-2012 10:04 AM

I have ALWAYS supported shitty notre dame players like brady quinn

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/i...0b0f5deb/l.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni 10-12-2012 11:05 AM

That kid must have really pissed you guys off.

Ace Gunner 10-12-2012 11:25 AM

From Crennel's presser, earlier this week;

When asked about the difference between Cassel and Quinn, Crennel noted that physically they are comparable, but Cassel’s similarity with his teammates and playtime make the biggest difference.

“They have similar skill sets. They both can throw the ball. They’re both tall quarterbacks. They’re both experienced. I think the thing that Matt has is more game time. That’s the biggest difference, actual game time in the game. Quinn has been in the league, and he’s been on different teams and he’s seen different operations and how things are done. I think that he’s excited about this opportunity. I think he’ll be good and make the best of it.”

The Franchise 10-12-2012 11:27 AM

RAC is a ****ing idiot. Quinn and Cassel are NOT the same QB. They aren't physically comparable. Matt does not have the arm that Quinn does.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Cassel has been gifted opportunities throughout his entire career. Quinn has been getting ****ed over his entire career.

durtyrute 10-12-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9005215)
RAC is a ****ing idiot. Quinn and Cassel are NOT the same QB. They aren't physically comparable. Matt does not have the arm that Quinn does.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Cassel has been gifted opportunities throughout his entire career. Quinn has been getting ****ed over his entire career.

This!! With some of the shit RAC says and does, I wonder if he is going senile or something.

kysirsoze 10-12-2012 01:06 PM

I hope he's worse, because I know he won't be good enough. I'm worried he'll be just good enough to win a couple more games and take us out of the top of the draft.

whoman69 10-12-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9005208)
From Crennel's presser, earlier this week;

When asked about the difference between Cassel and Quinn, Crennel noted that physically they are comparable, but Cassel’s similarity with his teammates and playtime make the biggest difference.

“They have similar skill sets. They both can throw the ball. They’re both tall quarterbacks. They’re both experienced. I think the thing that Matt has is more game time. That’s the biggest difference, actual game time in the game. Quinn has been in the league, and he’s been on different teams and he’s seen different operations and how things are done. I think that he’s excited about this opportunity. I think he’ll be good and make the best of it.”

http://d.asset.soup.io/asset/1529/1517_d94d.gif

HemiEd 10-12-2012 01:27 PM

As the week has progressed, I am convinced he is going to seize the opportunity and play lights out.

Of course, the stink from last Sunday's game has subsided to an extent and this is normal for me to start getting more optimistic by Friday.

Start Croyle 10-12-2012 01:27 PM

The deck is stacked!

Unfortunately, NFL football is not a "plug and play" sport. You can't just randomly dump players in and expect them to play at their full capability with the rest of the team if they are unfamiliar with eachother. Payton Manning has gone on record several times to say that he feels all the OTAs and training camps and preseason games are a crucial part of building a team up, and that he wouldn't be able to play on a high level without it. So when you just toss a QB into the flames, 9 times out of 10 its a mess. Lightning strikes once in a while, but most likely it won't happen this Sunday! And I actually believe Quinn is a better QB than Cassel!

It's the same thing that happened to Croyle a few years back! It's just a move to make Pioli and Cassel look better. Let the backup that everyone wants to see play, but only give them half a week to practice instead of a whole training camp and year of preparation. Then, when the QB struggles, you can smugly bench him and start Cassel for another year!

There have been some threads claiming that the Cassel injury has been exaggerated, and I believe them! It's just a ploy to cover Pioli's butt again!

TEX 10-12-2012 01:48 PM

I'm cheering for the guy!

Hammock Parties 10-12-2012 02:34 PM

Drinking the Brady Quinn Koolaid while it's fresh sure tastes good as you wash down that Matt Cassel shit sandwich.

melbar 10-13-2012 12:03 AM

Everybody sucks in Cleveland.

Easy 6 10-13-2012 12:19 AM

With a full monte team effort... 11/20 190 1td (rush) 2int.

20-13 the D rises to their meager competition.

Beats losing.

MMXcalibur 10-13-2012 01:43 AM

I think Quinn will do well. Enough to get a start vs Oakland.

007 10-13-2012 02:38 AM

Why does it feel like it has been a ****ing month since the Chiefs last game?

OzarksChiefsFan 10-13-2012 05:56 AM

Chiefs get first opening drive TD of the year.

Ace Gunner 10-13-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzarksChiefsFan (Post 9007201)
Chiefs get first opening drive TD of the year.

Awesome. Will it lead to a win? Maybe. The defense should play well this game. So, if they can protect a lead for Quinn & co, might just get them going FTW.

chop 10-13-2012 09:14 AM

Cassel and Quinn are interchangeable

Pasta Little Brioni 10-13-2012 09:22 AM

Quinn has a "Howitzer". I would think flinging the ball to Bowe and handing off to Charles has to make him feel like a King with all the turds he played with in Cleveland.

tonyetony 10-13-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9000336)
Quinn is a much better leader than Cassel and it's possible that receivers can now be hit in stride. He hasn't started in like 3 years, I'm thinking it's possible he's learned something and knows he can't **** up or he's out of the league.

I'm actually worried we are gonna win more games now.

This……………His touch will suck on the short stuff but the mustard he can put on the longer stuff will be undeniably better than anything we have seen in KC for a long time.

Hammock Parties 10-13-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyetony (Post 9007700)
the mustard he can put on the longer stuff will be undeniably better than anything we have seen in KC for a long time.

HEY GUYS I'M BACK AND I'M BRADY QUINN

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/wp-co..._Croyle_sm.jpg

tonyetony 10-13-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9007708)
HEY GUYS I'M BACK AND I'M BRADY QUINN

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/wp-co..._Croyle_sm.jpg

Hopefully buff biff will be more durable than brokie. Can't you just enjoy the fact that Casshole won't be under center tomorrow. Don't be a buzz kill Clay.:D

Hammock Parties 10-13-2012 12:36 PM

I'll enjoy it as far as enjoying laughing at Brady Quinn's ultrasuck.

Then I'll enjoy coming back on here, bumping about 50 Brady Quinn posts and laughing.

FlaChief58 10-13-2012 12:43 PM

Tomorrow we will find out if Quinn is better than Casshole & should have been the starter all along or if he has been riding the pine all this time for a reason. Either way, Pissholy fails so it's a win win for the fans

Ace Gunner 10-13-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9007735)

Then I'll enjoy coming back on here, bumping about 50 Brady Quinn posts and laughing.

peeps don't need to bump your posts to laugh at you:D

tonyetony 10-13-2012 12:46 PM

If you're hoping for a Palko level of ultrasuckage I think you are going to be disappointed tomorrow.

HemiEd 10-13-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9007735)

for future reference

Ace Gunner 10-13-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyetony (Post 9007753)
If you're hoping for a Palko level of ultrasuckage I think you are going to be disappointed tomorrow.

he thinks Quinn is crumbly Croyle -- that in itself is off:D

Hammock Parties 10-13-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyetony (Post 9007753)

Brady Quinn is Matt Cassel with a stronger arm and less accuracy.

I have no actual evidence otherwise so that's what I choose to believe.

tonyetony 10-13-2012 12:58 PM

If there is a balanced offensive game plan in the first half it will completely confirm that Daboll was hamstrung by Pioli. That should be enough evidence for Clark to fire Pioli imo.

tonyetony 10-13-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9007772)
Brady Quinn is Matt Cassel with a stronger arm and less accuracy.

I have no actual evidence otherwise so that's what I choose to believe.

His pass attempts last week didn't' look that inaccurate to me. GIF them all up and I might agree with you. :D

L.A. Chieffan 10-13-2012 01:04 PM

He had almost a career 140 rating in college. Yes, with a Weiss offense but 140!

Hes accurate enough

Ghost of Maslowski 10-14-2012 01:48 AM

some pros:
Quinn will be playing the worst ranked pass defense in the NFL.
The Bucs will have at best some 3 year old game tapes from his time with another franchise to study in preparation.
Quinn should already realize that this is likely his last chance to ever win another starting QB job in the NFL, and therefore be highly motivated to do well.

some cons:
nothing screams "bust" like a former 1st round pick that has been little more than a career backup for 3 different teams in a 6 year career.
those tapes will be at least 3 years old because that's the last time anyone was foolish enough to start him.
the Chiefs typically play like ass in the state of Florida, regardless of the QB.

i must be an idiot, or blinded by my hatred of Cassel, because i think Quinn will do better. Cassel has set the bar so low that even Quinn should have difficulty tripping over it. please enjoy the laugh.

RINGLEADER 10-14-2012 01:59 AM

I think KC is going to obliterate Tampa on both sides of the ball. Mainly because they know its the only way to keep Cassel off the field.

As far as Quinn is concerned, I think he's going to be a lot like Orton coming in last year. With an avg QB we're going to look awesome!

Saccopoo 10-14-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9009562)
I think KC is going to obliterate Tampa on both sides of the ball. Mainly because they know its the only way to keep Cassel off the field.

As far as Quinn is concerned, I think he's going to be a lot like Orton coming in last year. With an avg QB we're going to look awesome!

Yeah, because it was Cassel that gave up the shit ton of yardage and points in the first three games.

This team is not only poorly managed (Pioli), but poorly coached (Crennel).

Pasta Little Brioni 10-14-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9009563)
Yeah, because it was Cassel that gave up the shit ton of yardage and points in the first three games.

11th in total defense. He absolutely ****ed them over on the scoreboard. NINETEEN TURNOVERS!!!! NINETEEN, that is friggen ridiculous. Many in thier own territory.

whoman69 10-14-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

This team isn't made to stop teams that continually get a short field.

RINGLEADER 10-14-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

It's not just the incredibly high number of turnovers that Cassel is responsible for, but it's the fact that no one on this team has faith in him. We get behind, and it's over.

I think we're going to see a lot more downfield passing, but I guess that depends on whether Romeo is playing for FGs, as he usually does, or not...

Megbert 10-14-2012 10:06 AM

If Quinn is even remotely on target with his passes it will force TB to not crowd the box and will open up the run game. Which is #2 or 3 in the league right now. Although I could see Crennel continue to run Charles into the ground because hey why fix what's not broken amirate?

Still on the fence if I want the Chiefs to actually compete this year or just say screw it and blow the ****er up and get a first round franchise QB. The Chiefs, have enough talent wise aside from QB to compete. I want to see the D play with a lead for once.

boogblaster 10-14-2012 10:08 AM

ya could break his legs and one arm and he'd be better than casshole .....

Rausch 10-14-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chop (Post 9007346)
Cassel and Quinn are interchangeable

Like square and round pegs...

The Iron Chief 10-14-2012 10:39 AM

Wow what is the great F'en mystery here?

Lets pretend in fantasy land Quinn started the past 5 games and handed off just as much as Cassel and turned the ball over half as much we would be 3-2 if not better.

I'm not even saying he will pass better than Cassel just that he played the same game with half the turnovers.

This will be the case today and the Chiefs win.

Though in the next 2 weeks the talking heads & Pioli will say it was because of the Buccs horrid D so Cassel gets the damn Nod.

Oh wells

Hammock Parties 10-14-2012 02:18 PM

http://i.imgur.com/WbFbw.gif

Mr_Tomahawk 10-14-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9012721)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265100

#1 Bronco's Fan 10-14-2012 02:24 PM

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobet selur (Post 9002187)
It's better than Quinn, have you seen the guy play?

memyselfI 10-14-2012 02:26 PM

Lol at the 40 who said he would be good.

jd1020 10-14-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9012823)
Lol at the 40 who said he would be good.

Lol at the 223 who thought he would be better than Cassel.

Hammock Parties 10-14-2012 02:28 PM

Do you really want my sig?

For those garbage time yards?

Really?

Go ahead if you feel like you earned it...Quinn was crap. 38 attempts sure got him that 150, though!

Phobia 10-14-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9012830)

He was better than cassel. He only had 2 turnovers.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-14-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9012840)
Do you really want my sig?

For those garbage time yards?

Really?

Go ahead if you feel like you earned it...Quinn was crap. 38 attempts sure got him that 150, though!

Bet is a bet.

I took it as did you.

You lost.

Put my sig up.

Ghost of Maslowski 10-14-2012 02:30 PM

honestly, i can't help but laugh either. on one hand, Quinn didn't really play a worse game after a 3 year lay off than Cassel has played most of the time as a starter. on the other hand, he didn't play any better either, which likely means Cassel will start against Oakland.

jd1020 10-14-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9012856)
He was better than cassel. He only had 2 turnovers.

When Cassel only had 2 turnovers we won the game.

Hammock Parties 10-14-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9012862)
Bet is a bet.

I took it as did you.

You lost.

Put my sig up.

That's uncreative, but OK.

Hammock Parties 10-14-2012 02:33 PM

I'm afraid your signature is too large by Chiefsplanet standards.

I have to adhere to those standards.

What should I do?

Mr_Tomahawk 10-14-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9012901)
I'm afraid your signature is too large by Chiefsplanet standards.

I have to adhere to those standards.

What should I do?

Put it up.

It's the same one I have up...it works.

BossChief 10-14-2012 09:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Your new avatar:

Hammock Parties 10-14-2012 09:38 PM

Now I have to walk around like a clown for two weeks.

Stanzi and Wilson?

:facepalm:

BossChief 10-14-2012 09:41 PM

Thats your avatar for the next MONTH. By the time you dont have to have it anymore, you will want to keep it.

BossChief 10-14-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9000423)
Avatar for a month he goes over 150?

BigMeatballDave 10-14-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9012830)

Why are you laughing about it?

Like there was a HUGE disparity.

Dumbass.

Hammock Parties 10-14-2012 10:17 PM

I'm really gonna miss Pioli Bane.

BossChief 10-14-2012 10:20 PM

You will learn to never bet with me.

Want me to come up with something as a "plea bargain" with our Charles bet?

Hammock Parties 10-14-2012 10:50 PM

No, I'm in good shape there.

Charles is on pace for 349 touches. :D

BossChief 10-14-2012 10:51 PM

Some ****ers are always trying to ice skate uphill. (: