ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The criminalization of our children continues (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272687)

cosmo20002 05-01-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9651488)
There's nothing in the story that justifies the kid's punishment. I feel sorry for the kids today. I'm not even that old, yet most of the shit my group of friends and I were doing when we were kids would either be criminal or at least seriously frowned upon today.

The police state is ramping up, and it's partly because of the incredibly ****ing stupid and lazy pricks who defend horrible ideas like "no tolerance" rules and overreactive policing.

What the police do is seperate from what the school does. Due to lack of details, I have no idea if police action is warranted. It doesn't seem like there was there was intent to hurt anyone.

However, I don't think a school can just sit there and ignore a kid who is trying to create a small explosion. Again, this isn't an image of a gun or an inappropriate t-shirt. I don't see how someone can argue for a standard that says it is ok for kids to even goof around with chemicals for the purpose of causing an explosion. You want to allow your kids at home to do that, I guess it is up to the parent. I'd say a school has to be a bit more strict.

cosmo20002 05-01-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9651518)
I believe that he was just suggesting that you start one of your own threads, (in DC), regarding the subject.

Why would I? Someone already started a thread, and it is here.

AussieChiefsFan 05-01-2013 11:28 PM

NSFW

cosmo20002 05-01-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9651525)
I said please and you fly off the handle. Don't let anger become you.

Oh, sorry, I didn't see the "please." Let me try again.

I didn't start the ****ing thread, so please go **** yourself, moron.

Setsuna 05-01-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9651546)
Oh, sorry, I didn't see the "please." Let me try again.

I didn't start the ****ing thread, so please go **** yourself, moron.

I'll pray for peace for you.

Just Passin' By 05-01-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9651539)
What the police do is seperate from what the school does. Due to lack of details, I have no idea if police action is warranted. It doesn't seem like there was there was intent to hurt anyone.

However, I don't think a school can just sit there and ignore a kid who is trying to create a small explosion. Again, this isn't an image of a gun or an inappropriate t-shirt. I don't see how someone can argue for a standard that says it is ok for kids to even goof around with chemicals for the purpose of causing an explosion. You want to allow your kids at home to do that, I guess it is up to the parent. I'd say a school has to be a bit more strict.

There's not sufficient justification for the punishment in the story, yet you're going zero tolerance anyway. You're part of the problem, not the solution.

cosmo20002 05-01-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9651557)
Schools aren't keeping the makings of chemical warheads out for easy access and, if they are, the school is the problem. There's not sufficient justification for the punishment in the story.

You can create an explosion from common stuff you probably have right now in your garage or under your sink. For a kid to try that stuff at school is beyond stupid and potentially, quite dangerous. It would be pretty stupid of the school to simply shrug it off.

AussieChiefsFan 05-01-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9651563)
You can create an explosion from common stuff you probably have right now in your garage or under your sink. For a kid to try that stuff at school is beyond stupid and potentially, quite dangerous. It would be pretty stupid of the school to simply shrug it off.

It would. But the charges just seem ridiculous.

Just Passin' By 05-01-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9651563)

We created a small explosion in school when I was a kid, and we shattered a beaker in the process. Every one of us survived the experience, nobody got punished and the police were never called in. We were told to strictly follow the teacher's instructions from then on, and that was it.

I grant you that the students from the class next door did come running in to see what had happened, but none of them were injured or killed either.

Lumpy 05-01-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9651542)
Why would I? Someone already started a thread, and it is here.

Meh. Not worth explaining.

This thread was bound to end up in DC anyway. :facepalm:

Carry on...

cosmo20002 05-01-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9651566)
It would. But the charges just seem ridiculous.

That's up to the police. The prosecutor can sort out if the charges are warranted. Maybe they aren't. I'm talking about the school.

cosmo20002 05-01-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9651557)
There's not sufficient justification for the punishment in the story, yet you're going zero tolerance anyway. You're part of the problem, not the solution.

Yes. Zero tolerance for kids going off on their own to try to create explosions at school.

Lumpy 05-01-2013 11:59 PM

Oh yeah, and here's my view on the subject... This country is getting soft and overreacts over stupid crap.

Quote:

The experiment was conducted outdoors, no property was damaged, and no one was injured.
BUT...the cap flew off and there was smoke!! Terrorist attack!! Arrest her!!

Just Passin' By 05-02-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9651584)
Yes. Zero tolerance for kids going off on their own to try to create explosions at school.

Like I said, you're part of the problem.

Just Passin' By 05-02-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9651585)
Oh yeah, and here's my view on the subject... This country is getting soft and overreacts over stupid crap.

BUT...the cap flew off and there was smoke!! Terrorist attack!! Arrest her!!

I just thank God that she didn't try the "can a vacuum suck an egg into a bottle?" experiment. We might all have been killed.