ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The OFFICIAL 2013 Mizzou Tigers Basketball Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268694)

Pasta Little Brioni 02-23-2013 01:10 PM

Beaks raise banners for Gameday visits nowROFL

Saul Good 02-23-2013 01:16 PM

They've only done gameday for basketball for a couple of years. Strange since basketball is so much more popular than football.

KcMizzou 02-23-2013 03:20 PM

Bama @ LSU headed to triple OT

mnchiefsguy 02-23-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9428764)
Bama @ LSU headed to triple OT

Would be nice is LSU could pull off the upset since Mizzou is trailing Bama in the standings. Bama is 9-3 or something like that in league play. Mizzou beat them once, but do not play them again, so Bama needs to lose.

duncan_idaho 02-23-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9428783)
Would be nice is LSU could pull off the upset since Mizzou is trailing Bama in the standings. Bama is 9-3 or something like that in league play. Mizzou beat them once, but do not play them again, so Bama needs to lose.

If Alabama loses this, Missouri will likely have the tiebreaker against the Tide, who still have to travel to Ole Miss and Florida. Their upside for league finish is probably going to be 12-6.

Alabama has the easiest schedule in the SEC, by far. Only one game each against Missouri, Kentucky, Arkansas, Florida and Ole Miss, the clear top 5 teams in the league.

KcMizzou 02-23-2013 03:40 PM

LSU wins it 97-94

KcMizzou 02-23-2013 03:48 PM

It'd be nice to see Ole Miss lose too, but I highly doubt they're losing to Auburn at home.

mnchiefsguy 02-23-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9428828)
If Alabama loses this, Missouri will likely have the tiebreaker against the Tide, who still have to travel to Ole Miss and Florida. Their upside for league finish is probably going to be 12-6.

Alabama has the easiest schedule in the SEC, by far. Only one game each against Missouri, Kentucky, Arkansas, Florida and Ole Miss, the clear top 5 teams in the league.

I am just hoping that Mizzou can finish in the top 4 and get the double bye for the SEC tourney. If Mizzou can win a couple of these road games coming up and do well in the SEC tourney, maybe they can move up the NCAA ladder far enough (is it top five or top six seeds that get to stay close to home) and play in KC for the NCAA tourney. I think that would be huge for the program, as it would give them an opportunity to get two wins in as close to a home environment as possible, and spring a sweet 16 run.

However, for any of that to even begin to happen, Mizzou needs to play better on the road and get some road wins. That starts tonight at UK, need a win there.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-23-2013 04:54 PM

Georgetown has 47 points today. Otto Porter has 30 of them.

33 of 52 now.

Thanks, Anderson.

duncan_idaho 02-23-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9429070)
Georgetown has 47 points today. Otto Porter has 30 of them.

33 of 52 now.

Thanks, Anderson.

Yeah. I was watching that game earlier and actually got sick to my stomach thinking about adding Otto Porter to last year's Mizzou team (and this one, obviously).

Porter's all-around game, but especially his defense and rebounding ability, would have made a huge difference, and he's such a smart, team-oriented player, I have no doubt he would have fit right in.

Oh, and they would have been able to run the 4-out, one in just as effectively.

Pepe Silvia 02-23-2013 05:28 PM

Big game tonight, have to DVR because I'll miss the first half.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-23-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9429133)
Yeah. I was watching that game earlier and actually got sick to my stomach thinking about adding Otto Porter to last year's Mizzou team (and this one, obviously).

Porter's all-around game, but especially his defense and rebounding ability, would have made a huge difference, and he's such a smart, team-oriented player, I have no doubt he would have fit right in.

Oh, and they would have been able to run the 4-out, one in just as effectively.

Last year's team with Porter probably makes it to Kentucky. This year's team with Porter is probably a NC contender even w/o Dixon.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-23-2013 07:47 PM

Just got a bad feeling about this one. Hope I'm as wrong as I was about Florida.

duncan_idaho 02-23-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9429232)
Last year's team with Porter probably makes it to Kentucky. This year's team with Porter is probably a NC contender even w/o Dixon.

:Lin:

Yes.

stonedstooge 02-23-2013 08:02 PM

Gametime. Let's do this shit