ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Gary Oldman Leads Human Resistance In ‘Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes’ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270579)

Fire Me Boy! 12-20-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10293981)
Neither of them are who I immediately come to mind for John Connor, but I think they're both good actors, and you never know- everyone panned Ledger as the selection for the Joker, and some didn't think Hardy was a good choice for Bane, but after Ledger killed it, Nolan was pretty much given carte blanche.

No idea how they're using Arnold given his age unless they plan on heavily using digital alteration and how he's shot along with face makeup. It's pretty remarkable some of the face makeup and prosthetics they can use to make older actors look like they did 20-30 years ago these days.

I can't remember the movie I'm thinking of right now, but the technique used was dramatically authentic and looked truly like the actors did decades ago.

I don't know, man. A lot of Tom Hardy fans thought he was an excellent choice for Bane. If you've seen Bronson, I don't know how you couldn't have liked that casting right out of the gate.

As for Schwarzenegger, my bet is he's some kind of military guy they based the T-1000 after, so he'll be the older, human counterpart to the original.

Anyong Bluth 12-20-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10296003)
I don't know, man. A lot of Tom Hardy fans thought he was an excellent choice for Bane. If you've seen Bronson, I don't know how you couldn't have liked that casting right out of the gate.

As for Schwarzenegger, my bet is he's some kind of military guy they based the T-1000 after, so he'll be the older, human counterpart to the original.

I wasn't saying I didn't like the choice of Hardy- just your typical internetz fanboi chatter. As I said previously, I think Hardy is a fine actor. He's also in one of my favorite movies that got slammed by critics and did shit at the box office, Rock N' Rolla .
What truly pisses me off about that was there was supposed to be at least 2 more films involving the principle cast. The 2nd film being The Real Rock N' Rolla .

As of now, I don't think Ritchie can get the greenlight from the original studio or $$$ from an outside source to make even the next installment.

If you look at all the names of who starred in the movie- so many of them have taken off, I'd venture to guess it would draw an audience, but now the question is whether they can afford everyone?

Just some of the people in it:
Gerard Butler,
Idris Elba,
Tom Hardy,
Tom Wilkinson,
Mark Strong,
Thandie Newton,
Karel Roden (an internationally acclaimed Czech actor, who always ends up playing cold, ruthless villains in Hollywood movies),
Jeremy Piven,
Toby Kebbell,
Ludacris,
Jimi Mistry,
Matt King and
Gemma Arterton

UPDATE: I found this quote from Ritchie when asked about it around the end of 2011.

Quote:

Ya know, I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about it ! I’ve written a script, I think it’s a great script, and Joel [Silver] wants to pay for me to do it. But up until now we haven’t had the time to do it. It’s sitting there and we would all like to do it, it’s just a question of when we are going to fit it in. So we’ll wait and see…
Now, apparently principal casting for him making
The Man from U.N.C.L.E. has picked up, with Tom Cruise no longer attached, but Henry Cavill, Armie Hammer, Hugh Grant so far announced.

Plus, screen rights to Thomas Kelly's Empire Rising have just recently been secured, and the studio is leaning heavy on him directing that. Not to mention, I'm sure there's a commitment for a followup Sherlock Holmes undoubtedly in the next 24-36 months.
Dammit!

Halfcan 12-20-2013 10:06 AM

I liked the rest of the movies and will prob watch this one on DVD as well.

jiveturkey 12-20-2013 03:55 PM

Rockin' Rolla just got added to the top of my Netflix list. Not sure I missed it before now. :thumb:

Bowser 12-20-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10297256)
Rockin' Rolla just got added to the top of my Netflix list. Not sure I missed it before now. :thumb:

Yeah, it's a treat. Think Snatch, only the mobsters are high end guys. Great flick.

Anyong Bluth 12-20-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10297256)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10297531)
Yeah, it's a treat. Think Snatch, only the mobsters are high end guys. Great flick.

I believe I will give it a rewatch this evening and then watch either The Fighter
or Out of the Furnace ??

Really want to go see American Hustle but not in the mood for crowds and everyone scurrying around shopping or getting out of or coming to town for the holidays- its been a madhouse in the city since early afternoon.

beach tribe 12-21-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10296003)

T-800
:p

Anyong Bluth 12-21-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10298615)
T-800

T-Bane... not to be confused with T-Pain.
< softly hums "I'm in Love with Sarah Connor. " >

Pronounced : Kahw•nuher

Fire Me Boy! 12-21-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10298615)
T-800

:facepalm:

beach tribe 12-21-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10298850)
:facepalm:

LMAO

keg in kc 03-31-2014 09:31 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PkycgrscWVM?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direckshun 03-31-2014 12:35 PM

I bet he kills EEEEVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEEEEE

007 04-01-2014 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10530153)
I bet he kills EEEEVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEEEEE

Professional rep!!!!!

unlurking 04-01-2014 07:27 AM

Looks awesome! Loved the original series and the reboot was good too. Hell, I'll admit it. I even enjoyed the Marky Mark one.

keg in kc 05-08-2014 11:47 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3sHMCRaS3ao?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>