ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: the great Tamba Hali. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288075)

Direckshun 11-03-2014 10:37 PM

Late night bullshit: the great Tamba Hali.

Most recently, Dane and BossChief have made impassioned arguments that they believe Hali is open to restructuring so that he remains a Chief this offseason.

I don't know how likely that is, as is the case with most of you, because of his cap number, the incoming payday for Mr. Houston, and the development of Dee Ford, who we spent a 1st on last year.

Nonetheless, there's no question he's an invaluable part of the locker room and on field production, and he's a ****ing passrusher. One of the best this franchise has seen, which is saying something considering this franchise has reliably churned out excellent passrushers over the years.

What percentage do you think it is likely that Hali stays a Chief this offseason?

Poll forthcoming:

TLO 11-03-2014 10:38 PM

INB4 POLL

Hammock Parties 11-03-2014 10:41 PM

He'll probably take a pay cut or something, since he appears to be on the decline.

A great Chiefs career, though. It's a crime that he won't win a championship.

TimeForWasp 11-03-2014 10:42 PM

I think we need to try and get something reasonable in a trade. His replacement has been drafted.

mcaj22 11-03-2014 10:42 PM

i think he goes and chases a ring. Him and DJ will go to teams like the Packers, Patriots, Denver, etc for the last couple years to play with those QBs.

TimBone 11-03-2014 10:49 PM

I would love for him to stay. Not likely, though.

thabear04 11-03-2014 10:58 PM

I want him to retire with the Chiefs.

OldSchool 11-03-2014 11:00 PM

He's gone if he won't agree to a Suggs-like extension. The team is set up to replace him with Ford and if Ford fails, Martin is right behind him.

scho63 11-04-2014 06:55 AM

It will be nearly impossible to keep him if when we resign Justin Houston with the limited cap space we have.

Unless we somehow restructure 2-3 big contracts, it seems nearly impossible based on the math.

I hope I'm wrong but he is certainly on the downside of his career at this point.

BigMeatballDave 11-04-2014 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 11083249)
i think he goes and chases a ring. Him and DJ will go to teams like the Packers, Patriots, Denver, etc for the last couple years to play with those QBs.

Denver? No way.

They have their own people to worry about signing.

Wallcrawler 11-04-2014 08:07 AM

This is Hali's last contract before life after football. In my mind, he has to take the money. There are going to be teams out there that will throw more money at him than he's probably worth to get him to jump ship. If that happens, I wont blame him at all.

I think the only way he restructures to stay here is a playoff win. Some hard evidence that the team is moving forward, REALLY moving forward. I think if we win a playoff game, he would restructure and stay on.

If we don't make the playoffs, or we're another one and done, he takes the payoff and leaves.

The Houston deal is going to force Tamba Hali out in all likelihood.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-04-2014 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 11083249)

:spock:

spanky 52 11-04-2014 08:58 AM

0 %. His money goes to Houston.

loochy 11-04-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 11083246)
I think we need to try and get something reasonable in a trade. His replacement has been drafted.

His replacement has played like 5 downs

and on one of them he ran away from the ball carrier

hometeam 11-04-2014 09:22 AM

People like to say Hali is declining, and I agree, but only in the smallest ways. He led the league in overall pressures last year and has been wreaking havoc all year. He needs to be back. Dee Ford can suck it.