ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Peter King: You have to go back to 1997 to find a draft like this one (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270181)

RealSNR 02-19-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9415457)
Fair enough. But dammit, at some point we're going to roll 7s, I am firmly convinced of this.

Maybe.

All I know if the Chiefs keep up with this horrid betting strategy on the dice table, then I'm going to go play blackjack.

jAZ 02-19-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9415456)
If your point is that you trust in Dorsey and Reid if they take another player than Geno, then I'm with you. I won't like it, but they will get the benefit of the doubt from me until they prove that they aren't worthy of that benefit.

If your point is that Geno looks to be too big of a risk to throw the first pick at, then my post is 100% accurate.

If you catch up on my posts (no need, but if you do), you'll see that I'm saying trust the professionals and not me or anyone else on here. Or anyone in the media for that matter. Trust he guys who coach the players, call the plays, run the drills, watch the scouting film over and over again.

Over time, they will know better what to do.

jAZ 02-19-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9415461)
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

The Professionals...like Herm, Carl, *****, Haley, Gunther, Muir, Daboll....TRUST THEM ALL!!!

Trust them all over you. Yes.

Trust them all over the other professionals on the other 32 teams over the last decade? No.

Hope that's spelled out clearly enough for you.

Bowser 02-19-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9415471)
The pro GENO-AT-ALL-COSTS crowd sure is logic challenged. Saying he doesn't know if Geno is the guy or not doesn't mean that Geno shouldn't be the pick. It also doesn't mean that jAZ thinks that he should know for sure about any particular player before that player becomes worthy of the 1st pick. Every post I read from Geno fanboys seems more facepalm-worthy than the last.

In that case sell me on another player this team needs more than a Geno Smith. I promise I will keep an open mind to your takes.

jAZ 02-19-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

The pro GENO-AT-ALL-COSTS crowd sure is logic challenged. Saying he doesn't know if Geno is the guy or not doesn't mean that Geno shouldn't be the pick. It also doesn't mean that jAZ thinks that he should know for sure about any particular player before that player becomes worthy of the 1st pick. Every post I read from Geno fanboys seems more facepalm-worthy than the last.

We should only ever talk here in the lounge.

Bowser 02-19-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9415491)

It's like ****ing bizzaro world watching patteeu and jAZ agree on anything.

Hammock Parties 02-19-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9415480)
Trust them all over you. Yes.

Trust them all over the other professionals on the other 32 teams over the last decade? No.

Hope that's spelled out clearly enough for you.

Hey dipshit: I agreed with Scott ***** in 2009.

Don't trust EITHER of us.

But I was still smart enough to know this team wasn't doing shit last year under Matt Cassel. I'm not even smart. I just recognize failure.

bevischief 02-19-2013 11:41 AM

ROFL:popcorn:

patteeu 02-19-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9415483)
In that case sell me on another player this team needs more than a Geno Smith. I promise I will keep an open mind to your takes.

I'm not here to sell a particular player. I hope the Chiefs pick a QB (and that he ends up being the right one). But if they use a different approach, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

In that regard, I read your subsequent post to jAZ and see that you won't cry if the Chiefs pick someone other than Geno either, so I stand corrected on lumping you in with the fanboys.

patteeu 02-19-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9415491)

Yes.

RealSNR 02-19-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

It's the QB at all costs crowd.

I and many others are saying that there is a pretty clear and OBVIOUS direction this team should go at #1. It's far more obvious than the draft "experts" make it out to be given the surrounding talent at other positions at the top of this draft, among other reasons.

This really isn't a case where WELL THAT'S JUST YOUR OPINION is a valid rebuttal or disagreement. And if Reid or Dorsey deviate from that strategy and it grants us a subpar QB like Nassib, Dysert, or Jones in this draft, there's going to be hell to pay.

Hammock Parties 02-19-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9415520)
there's going to be hell to pay.

But Nick Foles was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!

jAZ 02-19-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9415502)
Hey dipshit: I agreed with Scott ***** in 2009.

Don't trust EITHER of us.

But I was still smart enough to know this team wasn't doing shit last year under Matt Cassel. I'm not even smart. I just recognize failure.

That's reasonable. Good for you.

beach tribe 02-19-2013 12:03 PM

Recently bought a Roku, and they have a CBS sports channel on it. The most recent clip on it was from Pat Kirwin. I don't know much about him, but he seems like the only journalist who makes ANY sense.
He says: Don't listen to any reports coming from anyone. When all is said and done, Geno will go #1, 2 QBs will go in the top 10, and there is no way a G will be taken in the top 10.
He made some other good points, and I think he's right. All these reports...all of them..are useless.

WildTurkey 02-19-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9415559)
Recently bought a Roku, and they have a CBS sports channel on it. The most recent clip on it was from Pat Kirwin. I don't know much about him, but he seems like the only journalist who makes ANY sense.
He says: Don't listen to any reports coming from anyone. When all is said and done, Geno will go #1, 2 QBs will go in the top 10, and there is no way a G will be taken in the top 10.
He made some other good points, and I think he's right. All these reports...all of them..are useless.

He's a former NFL scout and Front office guy. He generally knows what he's talking about