ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Manning's rag arm (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268828)

cdcox 01-13-2013 12:13 AM

Manning's rag arm

Maybe he hasn't fully recovered from his time off. Maybe he comes back next year rejuvenated and on fire at age 37.

But today he was Mr. Dink and Dunk. He had a couple of 15 yard TDs that were nice, but they were placement throws, not lasers. On two throws late in the game, the pass to Stokely that was reviewed in the first overtime, and the game losing INT, he clearly didn't get as much on the ball has he wanted to. The mind was willing but the arm was a dish rag.

Maybe it was because it was late in the game, late in the season and in cold weather coming off an injury. But even ignoring his normal playoff chokatude, his arm was really sub par today.

In58men 01-13-2013 12:14 AM

In the 12 seasons (Manning) made the playoffs he has 11 playoff losses (t-most ever), 5 playoff losses at home (all as the 1, 2, or 3 seed), a game-losing interception in the superbowl, and 8 one-and-dones (remember, out of a possible 12)?
What did you expect when the Broncos signed him? Predicting anything other than one and done from him would be awfully delusional. He makes terrible decisions in the clutch and more often than not loses the first game of the playoffs, even when he's the prohibitive favorite to win.
Those who do not know history.....

notorious 01-13-2013 12:15 AM

Cold weather is hard on an old man with a weak arm to begin with.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 12:15 AM

I have a hard time believing that team will be better next year.

No SB for the Denver Mannings.

Hope Brock Osweiler has his shit together.

tk13 01-13-2013 12:17 AM

It's flabbergasted me how people keep saying he looks like the old Manning. No he doesn't. It's like they forgot what he did in Indy. He used to drop in 40 yard strikes over the shoulder to Marvin and Wayne like it was nothing. I did think his arm strength improved over the year... he was able to throw the deep ball much better at the end of the year. He had a great season. But it was kind of like a veteran pitcher not always having a 99 mph fastball anymore and learning how to pitch better.

cdcox 01-13-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9312411)
Cold weather is hard on an old man with a weak arm to begin with.

Well, maybe going to Denver ****ing Colorado wasn't such a brilliant decision after all.

MagicHef 01-13-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9312413)
I have a hard time believing that team will be better next year.

No SB for the Denver Mannings.

Hope Brock Osweiler has his shit together.

I was worried until you predicted this.

tk13 01-13-2013 12:22 AM

Bill Simmons made a great point too in the fact that Manning is 36 years old. Regardless of all his injuries and history... there came a point where even Brett Favre wasn't immortal in cold weather too, he just got too old.

Theoretically, Manning's arm strength could get better if the feeling in his arm improves. But it's also interesting that in cases like Montana and Favre, they went to a new team, had a really great year... then the following year came back to earth a bit.

notorious 01-13-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9312423)
Well, maybe going to Denver ****ing Colorado wasn't such a brilliant decision after all.

Well, Peyton did have to call his girlfriend to help him because his cable TV didn't work. She came over to his place and plugged the cable into the back of the TV. ROFL

True Story from SI back when Peyton got drafted.

Otter 01-13-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9312406)
Maybe he hasn't fully recovered from his time off. Maybe he comes back next year rejuvenated and on fire at age 37.

But today he was Mr. Dink and Dunk. He had a couple of 15 yard TDs that were nice, but they were placement throws, not lasers. On two throws late in the game, the pass to Stokely that was reviewed in the first overtime, and the game losing INT, he clearly didn't get as much on the ball has he wanted to. The mind was willing but the arm was a dish rag.

Maybe it was because it was late in the game, late in the season and in cold weather coming off an injury. But even ignoring his normal playoff chokatude, his arm was really sub par today.

Manning threw some 20 yard lasers but he didn't go long at all.

Manning had his neck worked on and I can't speak for that but once they started hitting him the game changed. You hit Manning and he folds.

End! Of! Story!

My one day as a Ravens fans was ****ing glorious! That game was awesome.

AussieChiefsFan 01-13-2013 12:28 AM

Peyton has never won a playoff game below 40 degrees.

Audit2 01-13-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9312409)
In the 12 seasons (Manning) made the playoffs he has 11 playoff losses (t-most ever), 5 playoff losses at home (all as the 1, 2, or 3 seed), a game-losing interception in the superbowl, and 8 one-and-dones (remember, out of a possible 12)?
What did you expect when the Broncos signed him? Predicting anything other than one and done from him would be awfully delusional. He makes terrible decisions in the clutch and more often than not loses the first game of the playoffs, even when he's the prohibitive favorite to win.
Those who do not know history.....

:toast:

tk13 01-13-2013 12:29 AM

Another thing was that the Ravens changed their coverage up. Manning mentioned this in his press conference. In the 2nd half they switched and went to a lot of 2 deep safeties and just had Pollard and Reed playing deep safety. They weren't going to let him go deep. You could see it too because they didn't blitz as much. I'm amazed it took the Ravens that long to figure it out.

That's what beats Manning... that's why Crennel usually did so well. You can't attack him, you gotta sit back and let him go into robot mode and dink and dunk and check off to runs. They only team that seems to be able to attack him and do it well is the Chargers.

GloryDayz 01-13-2013 12:32 AM

I'm just glad they lost... Love it!

Munson 01-13-2013 12:32 AM

Manning has thrown more wobble launchers this season than any other QB not named Cassel.