ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Outrageous Thanksgiving Meals.... (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197415)

Fish 11-26-2008 10:58 AM

Outrageous Thanksgiving Meals....
 
What's the craziest Thanksgiving meal you've taken part in?

I'm going to be trying a new one this year... Turbaconducken.... ohh the insanity..

http://bacontoday.com/wp-content/upl...oked-front.jpg

http://bacontoday.com/turbaconducken...pped-in-Bacon/

I'm not cooking it, only eating it... but I'm still frightened...

seclark 11-26-2008 11:01 AM

woah!!!
sec

Mr. Plow 11-26-2008 11:02 AM

My in-laws made taco's & enchilada's for Thanksgiving once. No, they are not Hispanic.

Stewie 11-26-2008 12:12 PM

That doesn't even look appetizing Fish.

My sister-in-law once made boiled shrimp and finger sandwiches for Christmas dinner. It was served on paper plates with plasticware. Ah, the memories.

raybec 4 11-26-2008 12:16 PM

Are you saving up for your artificial heart? I hear that costs a bundle.

Jenson71 11-26-2008 12:17 PM

It'd be healthier to eat a live sow.

blueballs 11-26-2008 12:20 PM

chicken porker

Fish 11-26-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 5250579)
It'd be healthier to eat a live sow.

Since when is Thanksgiving about eating healthy?

Embrace the bacon....

The Pest 11-26-2008 12:25 PM

I've never had a deep fried turkey before. I'm having one tomorrow

seclark 11-26-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5250606)
I've never had a deep fried turkey before. I'm having one tomorrow

same here...going to have to be pretty good to beat a smoked one.
sec

chasedude 11-26-2008 12:33 PM

I almost didn't think that was a turkey for a second there.

My family never tries anything different. Same Turkey, Chicken and Noodles, Mashed and Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans, Stuffing and Gravy, Homemade Rolls. Plus the orange, marshmallow salad my aunt brings. I'm glad nothing changes because they're all good. My grandmother is 87 this year and is cooking all this up, she's a machine.

I need to savor these moments as much as possible. When she goes so does her special way of cooking everything.

Jenson71 11-26-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 5250626)
I almost didn't think that was a turkey for a second there.

My family never tries anything different. Same Turkey, Chicken and Noodles, Mashed and Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans, Stuffing and Gravy, Homemade Rolls. Plus the orange, marshmallow salad my aunt brings. I'm glad nothing changes because they're all good. My grandmother is 87 this year and is cooking all this up, she's a machine.

I need to savor these moments as much as possible. When she goes so does her special way of cooking everything.

My grandma's noodles are always hard as rocks.

The Rick 11-26-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5250606)
I've never had a deep fried turkey before. I'm having one tomorrow

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 5250624)
same here...going to have to be pretty good to beat a smoked one.
sec

Deep fried turkey is the best! I wish I was having it tomorrow.

Instead, my in-laws have turned into some of those "health conscience" type people. There's been talk of having sandwiches instead of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, etc.

:cuss:

The Pest 11-26-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 5250626)
I almost didn't think that was a turkey for a second there.

My family never tries anything different. Same Turkey, Chicken and Noodles, Mashed and Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans, Stuffing and Gravy, Homemade Rolls. Plus the orange, marshmallow salad my aunt brings. I'm glad nothing changes because they're all good. My grandmother is 87 this year and is cooking all this up, she's a machine.

I need to savor these moments as much as possible. When she goes so does her special way of cooking everything.

Interesting. I've never had chicken and noodles for Thanksgiving. It's always Turkey, Ham, Mashed and Sweet Potatos, Green Beans, Corn, Stuffing and Gracy, Rolls and some kind of old people jello salad.

seclark 11-26-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 5250634)
Deep fried turkey is the best! I wish I was having it tomorrow.

Instead, my in-laws have turned into some of those "health conscience" type people. There's been talk of having sandwiches instead of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, etc.

:cuss:

something's wrong w/that.
sec


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.