ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Revolution - NBC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259495)

jiveturkey 05-14-2012 10:08 AM

Revolution - NBC

My prediction - the first couple of episodes will be really good and then it will get repetitive and boring. Or it will stay good but be way to expensive for the network to finish.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JwfCRAtkYEI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Micjones 05-14-2012 12:10 PM

This popped up as an ad for a YouTube video I was watching last night.
9 times out of 10 I skip through those ads, but this trailer had me sucked in.
Looks like it could be a really awesome show.

With House on its last legs...I need a new show to follow. This just might be it.

BigMeatballDave 05-14-2012 12:19 PM

meh

dmahurin 05-14-2012 12:26 PM

JJ Abrams is producing it so it stands a chance at being good.

Red Brooklyn 05-14-2012 12:39 PM

Has potential. I'll check it out.

Buck 05-14-2012 01:20 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ght=revolution

keg in kc 05-14-2012 05:18 PM

It looks Jeremiah-level bad.

AustinChief 05-14-2012 05:35 PM

um so how exactly are they going to explain changing the laws of physics on a very basic level? No electricity? Yet animals function just fine even though we rely on electricity. What about lightening? The show itself looks ok... but the concept is chock full of stupid.

BigMeatballDave 05-14-2012 05:52 PM

Was there some kind of massive EMP?

Why would everything stop working and never work again?

Dumb.

Deberg_1990 05-14-2012 06:41 PM

Oh look kids, another JJ Abrams show based around some mysterious mystery that will spin around in circles for seasons on end and never get clearly answered. Joy!

kcxiv 05-14-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8614953)
um so how exactly are they going to explain changing the laws of physics on a very basic level? No electricity? Yet animals function just fine even though we rely on electricity. What about lightening? The show itself looks ok... but the concept is chock full of stupid.

Im sure they will explain it somewhhow. they kind of have to or people will be like **** this shit.

Anyways, i love post apocalyptic stuff, so im in.

BigMeatballDave 05-14-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8615281)
Im sure they will explain it somewhhow. they kind of have to or people will be like **** this shit.

I do too.

However, if the explination for permanent loss of electricity is the least bit hokey, I'm done.

AustinChief 05-14-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8615281)

I'm already upset that they show passenger jets FALLING from the sky. There is absolutely ZERO reason that would happen. Does fuel combustion no longer work ? (last I checked, turbofan jet engines combustion chambers don't require a continuous spark) So a 737 might lose hydraulics but would still be flyable and even land-able (they have mechanical backup controls)

It's stupid shit like this (that could easily be fixed) that bothers me.

Buck 05-14-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8616152)
I'm already upset that they show passenger jets FALLING from the sky. There is absolutely ZERO reason that would happen. Does fuel combustion no longer work ? (last I checked, turbofan jet engines combustion chambers don't require a continuous spark) So a 737 might lose hydraulics but would still be flyable and even land-able (they have mechanical backup controls)

Not to mention the basic principles of lift.

AustinChief 05-14-2012 10:45 PM

OH and if it's just a question of electricity not working... you could switch to diesel engines and use pneumatic technology to start the engine. You could have the engine "recharge" the air chamber for the next start. Not exactly rocket science.

Bowser 05-14-2012 11:13 PM

They just dreamed they couldn't have power in a post apocolyptic world.

Ooops. Spoiler.

kcxiv 05-14-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

I don't know. What I do know is il give them a chance to explain it further.

007 05-15-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8615148)
Oh look kids, another JJ Abrams show based around some mysterious mystery that will spin around in circles for seasons on end and never get clearly answered. Joy!

Well, they did finish Alias and LOST. They are also getting to finish Fringe. Of course those were shows he was either the creator or the co-creator of. The rest he is the executive producer.

AustinChief 05-15-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8616226)
I don't know. What I do know is il give them a chance to explain it further.

So we've established that combustion still works (guns still fire) so a jet aircraft would be fine while in flight. We also could convert cars to a diesel/pneumatic hybrid and still have those. You could also have a number of devices run of natural gas. Hell there is even a way I just thought of to maintain long distance communication via fiber optic without requiring electronics. (you'd be stuck with morse code though... there may be a way to recreate audio but I have my doubts)

yep, I'm pretty sure this entire concept is going to be pretty damn dumb... but I'll certainly give it a shot before passing final judgment.

007 05-15-2012 12:53 AM

To be honest though, this doesn't look very interesting to me. Of course, I have never liked any of the post apocalyptic shows anyway.

kcxiv 05-15-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8616232)
So we've established that combustion still works (guns still fire) so a jet aircraft would be fine while in flight. We also could convert cars to a diesel/pneumatic hybrid and still have those. You could also have a number of devices run of natural gas. Hell there is even a way I just thought of to maintain long distance communication via fiber optic without requiring electronics. (you'd be stuck with morse code though... there may be a way to recreate audio but I have my doubts)

yep, I'm pretty sure this entire concept is going to be pretty damn dumb... but I'll certainly give it a shot before passing final judgment.

I get what yoru saying, but im not Dane McCloud here, i dont have any inside info. Ill check out a few episodes n see how it goes. Giancarlo Esposito is a beast, so the show has that factor for me.

Red Brooklyn 05-16-2012 11:21 AM

I'm not pretending that this solves all the potential problems with the show, but it's more than just electricity. Looks like it's all advanced technology that goes out. Again, not commenting on the validity or stupidity of that, just clarifying. For whatever it's worth...

From the wikipedia page:

Setting

Revolution takes place in a post-apocalyptic future. Fifteen years ago, an unknown phenomenon permanently disabled all advanced technology on the planet, ranging from computers and electronics to car engines and batteries. People were forced to adapt to a world without technology, and due to the collapse of public order, many areas are ruled by warlords and militias. The series focuses on the Matheson family, who possess an item that is the key to not only finding out what happened fifteen years ago, but also a possible way to reverse its effects. However, they must elude warlords and militias who want that power for themselves.

BigMeatballDave 05-16-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8619652)
I'm not pretending that this solves all the potential problems with the show, but it's more than just electricity. Looks like it's all advanced technology that goes out. Again, not commenting on the validity or stupidity of that, just clarifying. For whatever it's worth...

From the wikipedia page:

Setting

Revolution takes place in a post-apocalyptic future. Fifteen years ago, an unknown phenomenon permanently disabled all advanced technology on the planet, ranging from computers and electronics to car engines and batteries. People were forced to adapt to a world without technology, and due to the collapse of public order, many areas are ruled by warlords and militias. The series focuses on the Matheson family, who possess an item that is the key to not only finding out what happened fifteen years ago, but also a possible way to reverse its effects. However, they must elude warlords and militias who want that power for themselves.

Gay.

I'll give it a shot, though.

I'm not optimistic.

OmahaChief 05-16-2012 12:22 PM

Looks great to me. If I judged all TV shows by what may or may not work in the real world I would most likley not watch much TV and certainly not any movies.

By some of the logic here the Avengers was dumb as well since none of that crap could really happen.

BigMeatballDave 05-16-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 8619790)
Looks great to me. If I judged all TV shows by what may or may not work in the real world I would most likley not watch much TV and certainly not any movies.

By some of the logic here the Avengers was dumb as well since none of that crap could really happen.

True, but you know the Avengers is a movie about superheros.

OmahaChief 05-16-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8619801)
True, but you know the Avengers is a movie about superheros.

I do and I know this show is about some made up event that caused a bunch of werid shit to happen. My real point was it is only a TV show and sometimes all of us take some of this stuff too literal and never really let ourselves enjoy some mindless fun.

Red Brooklyn 05-16-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 8619810)
I do and I know this show is about some made up event that caused a bunch of werid shit to happen. My real point was it is only a TV show and sometimes all of us take some of this stuff too literal and never really let ourselves enjoy some mindless fun.

Yeah, I'm all about suspension of disbelief. It has limits, sure, but I'll still give this show a fair shot.

bevischief 09-05-2012 09:06 AM

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/58093

Drama REVOLUTION, RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!!

Published at: Sep 04, 2012 4:14:07 PM CDT

I am – Hercules!!

This doesn’t premiere on NBC until Sept. 17, but you don’t have to wait another minute!

bevischief 09-05-2012 10:10 AM

The first episode looks promising.

Brock 09-05-2012 11:16 AM

I'll watch it just because Gus Fring is in it.

Saulbadguy 09-05-2012 11:23 AM

All of a sudden we forgot how to make a steam engine?

Call me skeptical.

patteeu 09-05-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8879833)

Call me skeptical.

We didn't forget. Someone broke physics.

Baby Lee 09-05-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8880548)
We didn't forget. Someone broke physics.

I'm kind of curious if they even acknowledge, let alone explore, the fact that if electricity indeed ceased to exist, we'd be lacking a key force to keep atoms together, individually or as part of a molecule.

Frosty 09-05-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8880556)
I'm kind of curious if they even acknowledge, let alone explore, the fact that if electricity indeed ceased to exist, we'd be lacking a key force to keep atoms together, individually or as part of a molecule.

There you go thinking and stuff...

007 10-09-2012 07:38 PM

What amusement park was that supposed to be?

Swanman 10-09-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8879833)

Call me skeptical.

There is a steam engine in the next episode so they still have those apparently.

The show is decent. The female lead spends 95% of the time crying though, so that's starting to get old. But hey, it's got Gus Fring, what looks to be the "can I get a hot tub" guy from one of the State Farm commercials and the guy that played the Cape.

007 10-10-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8997508)
There is a steam engine in the next episode so they still have those apparently.

The show is decent. The female lead spends 95% of the time crying though, so that's starting to get old. But hey, it's got Gus Fring, what looks to be the "can I get a hot tub" guy from one of the State Farm commercials and the guy that played the Cape.

THATs where I had seen him before. Was driving me nuts.

Micjones 10-10-2012 08:44 AM

I was planning to watch this all for Giancarlo.
I messed around and missed the premier though.

Bump 10-10-2012 09:57 AM

this show is gonna fail. It's pretty bad.

zimdogg 10-10-2012 01:16 PM

It can basically be summarized by this:

Run around in unknown world
Fight someone thats looking for Miles
Threaten to leave the group and go off on your own
Person that goes off on their own shows up to save the others lives when in trouble
Repeat.

Dumb... I'm in it for the drinking game (Drink a beer for every close up of Charlies "upset" face).

hometeam 10-10-2012 08:40 PM

pretty sure the amusement park was supposed to be Cedar Point

hometeam 10-10-2012 08:41 PM

ooohhhh it IS the can i get a hot tub guy

Frazod 10-10-2012 10:54 PM

Bailed after the pilot and didn't look back. Seems like I made the right call.

007 10-11-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9000293)

I don't think so. They didn't show any of the great lakes on the shots.

Frosty 10-11-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9000698)
Bailed after the pilot and didn't look back. Seems like I made the right call.

Us too. I figured if it somehow saved itself, I could pick it up on DVD later.

Swanman 10-11-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9000293)

They are supposedly close to Noblesville, Indiana at that point so they are pretty far from Ohio.

AndChiefs 10-11-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9001045)
They are supposedly close to Noblesville, Indiana at that point so they are pretty far from Ohio.

Creepy. I'm in Noblesville, IN right now.

kaplin42 10-11-2012 11:18 AM

The wife like's this show, but I find it increasingly hard to watch. Never mind the Abbercrombe & Fitch wardrobes, the makeup, the complete lack of dirt and grime, and how everyone looks showered, fresh and ready for a night out at the clubs.

The real thing that gets me is the guns. Why on earth would we go back to shooting muskets. I didn't realize that it was impossible to make bullets without electricity. To me, it makes the continuity that much more insane. Like they aren't even trying and they're just throwing random shit against an old Lost story board and seeing what will stick.

NJChiefsFan 10-16-2012 08:37 PM

Didn't think they would kill of that woman as fast as they did. Not sure this show hangs around, its so so right now. I don't hate it, despite some holes, but the necklace story line needs to get going and actually be cool. That and as mentioned the main girl needs to chill the hell out. She begs him to help and then almost costs them finding her brother, followed by her asking why she was getting yelled at.

kcxiv 10-16-2012 08:53 PM

This show isnt going anywhere. its holding at a 3.3 last week it was a 3.0 and its number one in its time slot by a huge margin over Hawaii 5-0. Its gonna be around a bit.

NBC went from worst to first on monday night. lol

NJChiefsFan 10-16-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9022608)
This show isnt going anywhere. its holding at a 3.3 last week it was a 3.0 and its number one in its time slot by a huge margin over Hawaii 5-0. Its gonna be around a bit.

NBC went from worst to first on monday night. lol

3.0 is #1 on Monday night by a huge margin?

kcxiv 10-17-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9022897)
3.0 is #1 on Monday night by a huge margin?

3.3 is. H50 was a 2.1 and Castle was a 2.0 So, yeah. It had less total viewers, but the demo is the only thing that matters though.

Zebedee DuBois 10-17-2012 05:13 AM

I've only watched two episodes, but I am detecting some soap opera qualities. Frequent emotional face close-ups, and revealings of (blood or romantic) relationships. If you take away the survivalist gear, this would air nicely at 2 in the afternoon.

PhillyChiefFan 10-17-2012 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9001776)
The real thing that gets me is the guns. Why on earth would we go back to shooting muskets. I didn't realize that it was impossible to make bullets without electricity.

Easier to make minie balls than full metal jacket bullets maybe?

Melt down metal, pour into mold and use.

:shrug:

PhillyChiefFan 10-17-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9022493)
Didn't think they would kill of that woman as fast as they did. Not sure this show hangs around, its so so right now. I don't hate it, despite some holes, but the necklace story line needs to get going and actually be cool. That and as mentioned the main girl needs to chill the hell out. She begs him to help and then almost costs them finding her brother, followed by her asking why she was getting yelled at.

Thought the same thing. She overacts a lot too IMO.

Though when the brit had died, her crying and emotions were very genuine. I thought that part was pretty well acted.

notorious 10-17-2012 07:12 AM

I have missed the last two episodes. Is it worth trying to catch up or should I say "screw it"?

keg in kc 10-17-2012 07:45 AM

I haven't watched monday's, but I think the show's been getting progressively better.

Valiant 10-17-2012 08:36 AM

The show is tarded.

Watched the sniper rifle on roof episode. The thing that made power go out must of made people go to idiocracy levels. There are 4.4 lrgal guns per homeowner on average. Ammunition is easy to make.

people walking single file against a sniper rifle? Let's not rush the location?
Sniper having elite skills with it, even though he was just given it.

Then the mystical blackout. It knocked everything out. But yet some how turned on a 15yo iphone to main page without startup screen?

If that were the case, why didn't the whole house come on?

kcxiv 10-17-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9023658)
The show is tarded.

Watched the sniper rifle on roof episode. The thing that made power go out must of made people go to idiocracy levels. There are 4.4 lrgal guns per homeowner on average. Ammunition is easy to make.

people walking single file against a sniper rifle? Let's not rush the location?
Sniper having elite skills with it, even though he was just given it.

Then the mystical blackout. It knocked everything out. But yet some how turned on a 15yo iphone to main page without startup screen?

If that were the case, why didn't the whole house come on?

some of the show is a bit out there, but its been 15 years since the power went out. The fact that owning a gun is illegal and are taken away. Things would become sparse very very quickly.

keg in kc 10-17-2012 04:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Haven't seen this before...

demonhero 10-17-2012 09:45 PM

IMO.. each episode is becoming worse then the one previous. Episode 4 is the worst with hardly any fighting but rather flashback scenes. What the show has going for them right now is just the Miles character.

NJChiefsFan 10-17-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonhero (Post 9026746)
IMO.. each episode is becoming worse then the one previous. Episode 4 is the worst with hardly any fighting but rather flashback scenes. What the show has going for them right now is just the Miles character.

I'm not hating on the flashbacks, even if it is a complete steal from his old show. It helps develop the characters if done right. Problem is they are more for information than twists. Last episode I thought they did well the flashbacks building an impact with the woman dying and showing that the kid they caught is the son of the black militia man. Sorry I can't remember their names right now.

To me, the key is how deep they make the necklace "mythology" and how many twists they can add to it. With the acting they have, the story needs to get deeper. The story really protected the poor acting with some of the characters on Lost, ie Jack and Kate.

kaplin42 10-17-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonhero (Post 9026746)

This!!

Took the show off of DVR list. It's just terrible.

Lzen 10-19-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9027051)
This!!

Took the show off of DVR list. It's just terrible.

I just keep waiting for someone to stab that militia captain (or whatever rank) in the face. His character is easily someone to hate. But yeah, the show is slow moving and I'm getting bored. Heroes got like that but at least the first season was really good.

007 10-20-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9030180)
I just keep waiting for someone to stab that militia captain (or whatever rank) in the face. His character is easily someone to hate. But yeah, the show is slow moving and I'm getting bored. Heroes got like that but at least the first season was really good.

At least until the last episode when they completely made the entire season a waste.

BigMeatballDave 10-20-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9030180)

I'm still ****ing pissed about Heroes.

That 1st season was awesome!

Then the writers all started smoking crack.

****heads.

keg in kc 07-21-2013 08:42 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ODkzYF6SnUA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

007 07-21-2013 02:14 PM

amazed that NBC didn't cancel this.

BigRedChief 07-21-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9032230)
I'm still ****ing pissed about Heroes.

That 1st season was awesome!

Then the writers all started smoking crack.

****heads.

Sitting around smoking crack, baked , whatever........

Hey mon, lets make all the good guys bad guys and all the bad guys good guys in our 2nd season..........that would be so cool.... :bong:

What a waste.:shake:

keg in kc 07-21-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9825550)
amazed that NBC didn't cancel this.

As I recall they renewed it before the big mid-season break. Then the ratings tanked for the second half of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if it was on a short leash this fall.

kcxiv 07-21-2013 03:37 PM

Didnt even know it came back on. I thought it was just the first 12. or whatever then it would be on in the fall. lol ooops.

mikey23545 07-21-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Your post is stupid shit, and it bothers me.

'Modern' fly-by-wire aircraft (787, 777, A320, A330, A340, A380) which do not have any mechanical backups (except IIRC for the rudder and some trim on the Airbus and 777 planes) would literally fall out of the sky. These aircraft typically have triple redundant electrical and hydraulic systems...but in situation where all electronics are toast, bad things would definitely happen.

A lot of aircraft do have some kind of mechanical backup, but certainly not all. In many, things like air-fuel mixture and other things are completely computer controlled as well.

ShowtimeSBMVP 05-09-2014 12:18 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NBC has canceled Revolution.</p>&mdash; Jace Lacob (@televisionary) <a href="https://twitter.com/televisionary/statuses/464826634282205184">May 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sd4chiefs 05-09-2014 01:59 PM

I try to watch this stupid show sometimes with my Wife. It always the same.

Kill some bad guys.

Get captured by some bad guys.

Escape from the bad guys.

Kill some more bad guys.

Repeat.

sd4chiefs 05-09-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10615177)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NBC has canceled Revolution.</p>&mdash; Jace Lacob (@televisionary) <a href="https://twitter.com/televisionary/statuses/464826634282205184">May 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

YES! :clap: :PBJ

hometeam 05-09-2014 02:03 PM

I liked the show :/

It kept getting better and better. Now will end without an ending~

007 05-10-2014 12:39 AM

Can't wait to see the cliffhanger now. LMAO

chiefs1111 05-10-2014 12:40 AM

They also cancelled Believe and Crisis

007 05-10-2014 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1111 (Post 10618651)
They also cancelled Believe and Crisis

Believe I can see, Crisis is kind of surprising.

chiefs1111 05-10-2014 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10618653)
Believe I can see, Crisis is kind of surprising.

I liked Believe but it got killed going up against Resurrection. Liked Crisis a lot as well so very disappointed too see that go.