ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Fisher is soft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294570)

CoMoChief 09-13-2015 04:40 PM

Eric Fisher is soft

So he states he's not ready to play but comes into the game.

It's pretty clear he's a big baby and can't play hurt and told Chiefs coaches that he wouldn't be able to play in today's game. Twitter reported some sort of inside info w/ Chiefs that coaches are really unhappy w Fisher.

I dunno if he has the competitive drive and the attitude that's needed to be a great player in this league.

TLO 09-13-2015 04:41 PM

This is brand new information.

Reerun_KC 09-13-2015 04:42 PM

And water is wet, sky is blue, so on and so on. Dude is the top bust in franchise history.

Again out of the league in a few years.

TimBone 09-13-2015 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 11724097)
So he states he's not ready to play but comes into the game.

It's pretty clear he's a big baby and can't play hurt and told Chiefs coaches that he wouldn't be able to play in today's game. Twitter reported some sort of inside info w/ Chiefs that coaches are really unhappy w Fisher.

Well twitter should name their inside source. Just earlier this week Red was up talking Fisher and praising his versatility. Were they upset he couldn't go today? Maybe. But they seem to like him overall.

Reerun_KC 09-13-2015 04:43 PM

And water is wet, sky is blue, so on and so on. Dude is the top bust in franchise history.

Again out of the league in a few years.

Deberg_1990 09-13-2015 04:50 PM

Whatever. Don't really care as long as the Chiefs keep winning

chiefzilla1501 09-13-2015 04:57 PM

The whole story is pretty curious. Can't wait to hear Reid's explanation but I won't overreact until I hear it.

Fisher said it was the coach's decision. And that it was because they weren't confident in the medicals. Maybe they're being a little extra careful knowing they're going into a short week against Denver.

DaneMcCloud 09-13-2015 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 11724113)

I disagree. The 2013 first round was pretty much devoid of talent. It's pretty difficult to make case for the Chiefs taking anyone else in that Top Ten or even Top Fifteen at #1 overall.

Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackon, IMO, were far bigger busts because they were paid more than $50 million dollars each while their respective drafts were loaded with first round talent.

ChiefGator 09-13-2015 04:59 PM

Eric Fisher is injured, actually

DaneMcCloud 09-13-2015 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11724121)
Whatever. Don't really care as long as the Chiefs keep winning

This.

While Fisher may end up as a disappointment, Dorsey's hit more than his fair share of home runs on other players and as long as the Chiefs win, I couldn't care less whether or not Fisher is a RT, LT, long snapper or riding the pine.

Frosty 09-13-2015 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 11724138)

No, no. Fisher is faking because he was afraid of Watt. Keep up with the narrative.

GloucesterChief 09-13-2015 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11724142)
This.

While Fisher may end up as a disappointment, Dorsey's hit more than his fair share of home runs on other players and as long as the Chiefs win, I couldn't care less whether or not Fisher is a RT, LT, long snapper or riding the pine.

Bingo. Considering how craptacular the 2013 draft was, Dorsey did a good job getting Kelce and Davis out of it. Have to count that as a win.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-13-2015 05:07 PM

I'll say it straight:

I hated the pick and you bet your ass I would have rather taken a developmental QB in Geno for 1.1, but that day has long-passed and we're in year 3 with this guy.

He can't stay healthy, he can't play the position he was drafted for, and when he IS in the game, he gets his ass beat more often than not.

And while that class may have been underwhelming, you are absolutely shitting from your mouth if you say there was "really no other choice".

There were choices, and we made a shitty one.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-13-2015 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 11724138)

Perpetually, it seems.

DaneMcCloud 09-13-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11724155)
There were choices, and we made a shitty one.

Name one in the Top Ten that wasn't shitty.

It was a bad draft class.