ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Crabtree at #3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205313)

Coogs 04-03-2009 02:42 PM

Crabtree at #3

My first choice would be Sanchez, but I don't think that will happen. My 2nd choice is Crabtree. I know many of you don't agree, but I think he would be perfect for Haley and the new offense.

Bowe ran a 4.51 forty. Crabtree is listed at 4.55 on NFLDraftCountdown. That's actually faster than the Cards duo.

Boldin ran a 4.71 forty. Fitzgerald ran a 4.53 forty. These two guys make it work without getting the defense all jammed up as some here claim it would for Bowe and Crabtree.

And here is what Kiper has to say in a chat from this afternoon on ESPN.com...

Quote:

David (Austin): Who does Michael Crabtree compare most favorably to in the NFL?? Do you think there's any "bust" potential with Crabtree?

Mel Kiper: I don't see any bust potential. He's competitive, sure handed, tough WR. I think he compares to a Larry Fitzgerald and an Andre Johnson. If he's anywhere close to being as good as those two, you hit the jackpot.

So if we pass on Sanchez, Crabtree would be the guy I would like as of April 3rd.

Tribal Warfare 04-03-2009 02:46 PM

it's going to be a tradedown for Barwin or Brown

L.A. Chieffan 04-03-2009 02:47 PM

antifreeze

The Franchise 04-03-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5638190)
it's going to be a tradedown for Barwin or Brown

This.

kcbubb 04-03-2009 03:04 PM

I would hope for a tradedown, but I don't see it happening. Detroit takes Stafford and the Rams take the OT. And I don't see anyone trading up to #3 for Sanchez or Monroe.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-03-2009 03:04 PM

If we trade down for Connor Barwin in the first round, everyone in the entire organization should be summarily executed.

Tribal Warfare 04-03-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5638246)
If we trade down for Connor Barwin in the first round, everyone in the entire organization should be summarily executed.

Why?

The Bad Guy 04-03-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5638246)

100% agreed.

The Franchise 04-03-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5638245)
I would hope for a tradedown, but I don't see it happening. Detroit takes Stafford and the Rams take the OT. And I don't see anyone trading up to #3 for Sanchez or Monroe.

Why don't you see that? Seattle is sitting in the perfect spot right now. If Stafford goes to the Lions and the Rams take an OT then Seattle has their pick between Sanchez and Monroe/Smith. Not only that.....but if someone trades up for the #3 pick.....Seattle still gets what's left over.

Chiefnj2 04-03-2009 03:13 PM

I think Crabtree is definitely under consideration by the KC brass. Haley being a WR's coach and OL and having great success with Fitz and Bolden. Pioli seeing how dominant the team became with Moss and Welker. I say 50% trade down, 40% Curry, 5% Orakpo, 5% Crabtree.

SBK 04-03-2009 03:20 PM

The people we're bringing in make me think we're not just trading out of the top 5, we're trading out of the top 20.

Coogs 04-03-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 5638295)
I think Crabtree is definitely under consideration by the KC brass. Haley being a WR's coach and OL and having great success with Fitz and Bolden. Pioli seeing how dominant the team became with Moss and Welker. I say 50% trade down, 40% Curry, 5% Orakpo, 5% Crabtree.

I just can't really seeing anyone wanting to trade up yet. Maybe it will happen, but I am just not seeing it yet. And most every single defender there is in the draft would not be ranked near this high in a different year. Look at next year for instance. How high would Curry be ranked in next years class? Orakpo?

Crabtree is the highest ranked offensive player there is on some boards. We don't need a LT. Crabtree not only makes sense, but an Andre Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald is not only worthy of the #3 money, but worthy of the #3 pick as well.

htismaqe 04-03-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBK (Post 5638316)
The people we're bringing in make me think we're not just trading out of the top 5, we're trading out of the top 20.

I'd be willing to bet that's what they WANT to do. It's just a question of whether or not they can make it happen.

The Franchise 04-03-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 5638324)
I just can't really seeing anyone wanting to trade up yet. Maybe it will happen, but I am just not seeing it yet. And most every single defender there is in the draft would not be ranked near this high in a different year. Look at next year for instance. How high would Curry be ranked in next years class? Orakpo?

Crabtree is the highest ranked offensive player there is on some boards. We don't need a LT. Crabtree not only makes sense, but an Andre Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald is not only worthy of the #3 money, but worthy of the #3 pick as well.

There is nothing to compare Crabtree to A. Johnson or Fitz.

ChiefRon 04-03-2009 03:40 PM

I've wondered this myself, with Haley as the coach, if he has visions of Fitz when he watches Crabtree, then it could happen.

I'll still be pissed when it happens, esp with Sanchez on the board, but what can you do except hope it works out.