ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFL will provide benefits to Belcher's daughter (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267382)

Rasputin 12-04-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9181673)
This is nice and all, it really is...

but I guess I just don't understand it?

Why does she get 1.3M because her dad was a murderer and killed her mom? I'm glad this little girl will be financially sound and at least have a great trust fund set up for her for when she turns 18 but...I just, I guess I don't see why?

I'm not trying to be insensitive I'm just wondering why she's entitled to this money from the NFL?

Does this make sense or do I just sound like an asshole?

Is that her fault?

Dont be such a Hootie & a Blowass

Hootie 12-04-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9181683)
It's in the CBA, so it's effectively built-in life insurance.

Ok. That makes sense to me I suppose.

I was honestly just curious and trying to get an answer...I had just figured she'd be the prime beneficiary to the estate left behind, didn't realize she'd be getting payments until she was 18-23 from the NFL.

I wonder if she has any sort of financial protection from the guardian, or if the guardian can do what he/she chooses with that $9K per month?

Rain Man 12-04-2012 10:57 PM

Eh, she'll blow it all on collector Barbies and Build-A-Bears before she's 10.

Hootie 12-04-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9181688)
Is that her fault?

Dont be such a Hootie & a Blowass

Never said it was her fault.

I was just curious, and I never thought of it as a 'life insurance' type of deal. So my question was answered. Carry on.

DaFace 12-04-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9181689)
I wonder if she has any sort of financial protection from the guardian, or if the guardian can do what he/she chooses with that $9K per month?

I was wondering about that myself. I'd be a little nervous she might end up with someone who will just leech off of that money and not use it specifically for the girl.

mcaj22 12-04-2012 10:58 PM

shes essentially going to be set for life but at the cost of never having a mother or father during her childhood, teen, and young adult life.

so

it's pretty much

would I rather be poor and have two parents

or

be rich and have no parents

I'd take the first every time over 100k a year. Grandma cant teach her the same stuff mom and dad could have.

luv 12-04-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

I was honestly just curious and trying to get an answer...I had just figured she'd be the prime beneficiary to the estate left behind, didn't realize she'd be getting payments until she was 18-23 from the NFL.

I'm sure there would be stipulations in something like that. Typically it can only be used for education, medical, and for the benefit of the child. I would think the guardian would have to get such things approved by a trust company.

AussieChiefsFan 12-04-2012 10:59 PM

Nice!

Rasputin 12-04-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

I would assume that the guardian will have total control of the money untill she is old enough to be responsible with it or untill she turns 18. The courts would trust the guardian to do the right thing with the money in Zoey best interest & I would trust the same.

Hootie 12-04-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9181701)
shes essentially going to be set for life but at the cost of never having a mother or father during her childhood, teen, and young adult life.

so

it's pretty much

would I rather be poor and have two parents

or

be rich and have no parents

I'd take the first every time over 100k a year. Grandma cant teach her the same stuff mom and dad could have.

well

judging on who mom and dad were in this case

if I were her I'd take grandma and the money, especially since she'll never have one living memory of mom or dad

luv 12-04-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9181698)
I was wondering about that myself. I'd be a little nervous she might end up with someone who will just leech off of that money and not use it specifically for the girl.

Depends on if the guardian is the Trustee. If it's done through the NFL, I would definitely think they would put a trust company in charge. The guardian would have to get purchases approved.

Bugeater 12-04-2012 11:01 PM

Grandma will be the next one driving a Bentley.

mcaj22 12-04-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9181709)
well

judging on who mom and dad were in this case

if I were her I'd take grandma and the money, especially since she'll never have one living memory of mom or dad

when she gets old enough there will be more than enough documentation to see how bad that was, and it could cause some sort of trauma say if they wait to tell her until shes 15, 16, 17, whatever the ****

Hootie 12-04-2012 11:01 PM

but I'm a cold son of a bitch

I love my mom and dad, they have both been great to me and have taught me many, many, many important lessons and I respect both of them greatly

but honestly how could you miss someone you never knew? How could you feel pain about someone you never knew? My parents got divorced when I was 4, have no memories of them being together, and I never once in my life was sad about them not being together because I never knew them together

so yeah...IMO this little girl, assuming she lands a rational guardian, sort of hit a baby jackpot

okcchief 12-04-2012 11:03 PM

That's great. Doesn't replace her parents but financially stability will certainly help.