ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

DeezNutz 07-24-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8764325)
Who is left to call up that is even remotely ready? Other than Odo of course who should probably be here now despite innings pitched.

I understand where people are coming from on the Guthrie thing. It's not a complete abomination, but still...

What are we realistically expecting from him? 5 innings of non-abortion baseball? OK, Odo probably gives you close to that. Doesn't cost additional money, which we can ostensibly bank for a FA run, and gets his feet wet for a real run at things in '13.

OK, now start laughing about the '13 run.

CoMoChief 07-24-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8764173)
heh, Frenchy is that oldest of cliches: "Hes a really good Clubhouse guy"

Usually in baseball this is a nice way of saying "You Suck"

Al Bundy 07-24-2012 03:34 PM

Bob Dutton ‏@Royals_Report
Twinge in shoulder convinces #Royals C Jason Kendall to abort comeback attempt. http://bit.ly/OfJAOt

ChiefsCountry 07-24-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8763954)
Don't know why I did this... but I listened to KK's interview with Craig Illig, the other half of the OnGoal leadership, over lunch today.

And now I want to throw up.

There is a group in town, that has deeper pockets than Glass, that is more successful at running pro franchises, that WANTS to buy the town. It's pretty clear those guys just want the phone to ring.

But it's all dependent on Glass making the right call for the team. And when has he ever done that? Track record is not good.

If they really want the team, they should be bugging the hell out of Glass then not wait for him to sell the team IMO.

Nightfyre 07-24-2012 04:25 PM

today's Royals related query: Should I watch Monty and NWA or Odo and Omaha?

Jerm 07-24-2012 04:27 PM

Just took the Royals to the playoffs in The Show after going on a tear in August...beat the Yanks in a one game playoff for the WC. Now I play the Angels who have just been murdering the ball...ugh.

Sad part is, I almost have no choice but to bring back Ned now...DAMNIT.

If only real life was like video games lol...

Bowser 07-24-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8764661)
today's Royals related query: Should I watch Monty and NWA or Odo and Omaha?

Ordereasy. Report back on how his curve and slider are looking.

Nightfyre 07-24-2012 04:38 PM

From baseball prospectus today, about minor league update yesterday.:

Wil Myers, OF, Royals (Triple-A Omaha): 2-for-4, HR (16), R, 2 RBI, K. Breaks out of 3-for-30 slump; .295/.378/.595 in 59 games.

Jerm 07-24-2012 04:41 PM

Any other GM would be moving heaven and earth to get that guy playing every day...ours is moving heaven and earth to find a way to NOT have him up playing every day.

What...a...joke...

Nightfyre 07-24-2012 04:51 PM

It appears the angels have interest in Mijares. I wonder if we couldn't get some starting pitching help in a deal there.
Edit: If we could get Haren, and his back actually heals, and we reworked his deal...
Quote:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/kansas...als/index.html
Angels Interested In Mijares, Rzepczynski
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 24, 2012 at 1:02pm CST]
The Angels have expressed interest in Jose Mijares of the Royals and Marc Rzepczynski of the Cardinals in their search for a left-handed reliever, Mike DiGiovanna of the LA Times reports (Twitter links). The Angels could also have some interest in Joe Thatcher of the Padres, DiGiovanna suggests.

Mijares, 27, has a 1.72 ERA with 8.6 K/9 and 2.5 BB/9 in 36 2/3 innings with the Royals so far in 2012. The midseason trade candidate earns $925K this year and will be arbitration eligible following the season.

Rzepczynski was traded to the Cardinals last summer in the deal that sent Edwin Jackson to St. Louis. The 26-year-old has a 5.06 ERA with 6.2 K/9 and 3.1 BB/9 in 32 innings this year. He'll be arbitration eligible for the first time following the 2012 season.

The Angels, who currently have left-handers Scott Downs and Hisanori Takahashi pitching out of the bullpen, are willing to offer Peter Bourjos in a trade for the right reliever. Here's MLBTR's preview of the trade market for left-handed relief.

mr. tegu 07-24-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 8764525)
Bob Dutton ‏@Royals_Report
Twinge in shoulder convinces #Royals C Jason Kendall to abort comeback attempt. http://bit.ly/OfJAOt

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...nfeldShame.jpg

duncan_idaho 07-24-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8764723)
It appears the angels have interest in Mijares. I wonder if we couldn't get some starting pitching help in a deal there.

I will return to this scenario...

Angels acquire Greinke via trade and decide to ship Danny Haren out to make some room for Greinke.

Haren is expensive and only has an extremely expensive team option for 2013 (one the Royals could afford, though).

Mijares could be a piece of that puzzle, though not the major piece.

Of course, it's far more likely that Mijares is moved for the rights to Ervin Santana. Which is not awful but not exciting, either. He's almost Saberhagen-esque in the way he Jekyll and Hydes back and forth. So he's due for a good year in 2013...

DeezNutz 07-24-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8764754)
I will return to this scenario...

Angels acquire Greinke via trade and decide to ship Danny Haren out to make some room for Greinke.

Haren is expensive and only has an extremely expensive team option for 2013 (one the Royals could afford, though).

Mijares could be a piece of that puzzle, though not the major piece.

Of course, it's far more likely that Mijares is moved for the rights to Ervin Santana. Which is not awful but not exciting, either. He's almost Saberhagen-esque in the way he Jekyll and Hydes back and forth. So he's due for a good year in 2013...

Speculation that the Angels might cut Santana, so I have no doubt that DM will put together a strong trade package for his services.

Sure-Oz 07-24-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8764870)
Speculation that the Angels might cut Santana, so I have no doubt that DM will put together a strong trade package for his services.

Billy will veto the trade since him and Santana hate each other

Dr. Johnny Fever 07-24-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8764434)
I understand where people are coming from on the Guthrie thing. It's not a complete abomination, but still...

What are we realistically expecting from him? 5 innings of non-abortion baseball? OK, Odo probably gives you close to that. Doesn't cost additional money, which we can ostensibly bank for a FA run, and gets his feet wet for a real run at things in '13.

OK, now start laughing about the '13 run.

You're right but we at least got something for him and something was all we were going to get. Take it and take the chance that it works out without having expectations and if it doesn't work then we're no worse off. JMO.