ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Plwase explain this to me (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268824)

Mother****erJones 01-12-2013 11:31 PM

Plwase explain this to me

Why do people say Peyton is arguably the best QB of all time?

1 Super Bowl win

1 Super Bowl choke

9-11 playoff record

Listening to these NFL douches say this makes me wonder

In58men 01-12-2013 11:33 PM

From OrangeMane

In the 12 seasons (Manning) made the playoffs he has 11 playoff losses (t-most ever), 5 playoff losses at home (all as the 1, 2, or 3 seed), a game-losing interception in the superbowl, and 8 one-and-dones (remember, out of a possible 12)?
What did you expect when the Broncos signed him? Predicting anything other than one and done from him would be awfully delusional. He makes terrible decisions in the clutch and more often than not loses the first game of the playoffs, even when he's the prohibitive favorite to win.
Those who do not know history.....

Mother****erJones 01-12-2013 11:35 PM

8 one and dones? Jeez he and KC are a perfect match

Psyko Tek 01-12-2013 11:37 PM

he won an oreo lick off with the williams sisters

GloryDayz 01-12-2013 11:37 PM

What are these playoffs you speak of? Is our team allowed to participate?

Deberg_1990 01-12-2013 11:38 PM

Could never beat the Florida Gators....

milkman 01-12-2013 11:39 PM

I was a lone voice years ago when calling Manning a choker.

Demonpenz 01-12-2013 11:41 PM

people who call him the best all time are just dumb, that is why.

Sorter 01-12-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9312318)
people who call him the best all time are just dumb, that is why.

He might be the regular season GOAT...

but he's a choker when it counts.

DTLB58 01-12-2013 11:45 PM

I think they are referring to the regular season.

ThaVirus 01-12-2013 11:51 PM

I still think he's the best QB I've ever seen play; but I'm relatively young and my legitimate NFL football watching days only date back to the 03 season.

Really, the only guys you could put against him are:

Tom Brady- I could field the argument. Brady is pretty cool in the pocket and makes great decisions, but when he gets harassed the dude looks ROUGH. Most statues like him tend to look like shit when they're constantly being pressured, but I take points away from him for not being a bit more mobile (like an Aarong Rodgers).

Brett Favre- No. **** that guy.

Eli Manning- This has come up a lot lately with his 2 Super Bowls, but I think the dude is just lucky like a mother****er. They got hot at the perfect times to make those runs, but they pretty much backed into the playoffs in those two Super Bowl seasons and you can point to two unbelievably lucky plays to get the victory (the helmet catch by Tyree and the Welker drop last year, although his deep, sideline pass to Manningham in the last Bowl was amazingly clutch).

Drew Brees- He just hasn't been as good as Peyton.

Aaron Rodgers- I think he's the most physically gifted and complete QB in the league, but he hasn't been doing it long enough for me to stack him up next to Peyton.

Donovan McNabb, no. Ben Roethlisberger, no..

Bugeater 01-12-2013 11:51 PM

He's the greatest QB whose only won 1 Super Bowl.

007 01-12-2013 11:51 PM

Peyton Manning

milkman 01-12-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9312354)
He's the greatest QB whose only won 1 Super Bowl.

Johnny Unitas.

Sorter 01-12-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9312350)
I still think he's the best QB I've ever seen play; but I'm relatively young and my legitimate NFL football watching days only date back to the 03 season.

Really, the only guys you could put against him are:

Tom Brady- I could field the argument. Brady is pretty cool in the pocket and makes great decisions, but when he gets harassed the dude looks ROUGH. Most statues like him tend to look like shit when they're constantly being pressured, but I take points away from him for not being a bit more mobile (like an Aarong Rodgers).

Brett Favre- No. **** that guy.

Eli Manning- This has come up a lot lately with his 2 Super Bowls, but I think the dude is just lucky like a mother****er. They got hot at the perfect times to make those runs, but they pretty much backed into the playoffs in those two Super Bowl seasons and you can point to two unbelievably lucky plays to get the victory (the helmet catch by Tyree and the Welker drop last year, although his deep, sideline pass to Manningham in the last Bowl was amazingly clutch).

Drew Brees- He just hasn't been as good as Peyton.

Aaron Rodgers- I think he's the most physically gifted and complete QB in the league, but he hasn't been doing it long enough for me to stack him up next to Peyton.

Donovan McNabb, no. Ben Roethlisberger, no..

If Favre hadn't thrown that INT against the Saints, he'd be worshipped by all. That guy got the **** beat out of him, still performed well, had horrific fumbles by Peterson and Berrian and still made it an OT loss in NO.

I personally think Tom is the 2nd best behind Montana overall, and can surpass him with another SB victory.