ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Spartacus: Blood and Sand (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=219264)

L.A. Chieffan 03-24-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6624837)
I've only watched the first 2 episodes so far, but I haven't noticed any fake titty yet. All I see is natural titty - even made a mental note how the casters did a good job with that, making sure to not get fake talent so as everything was historically correct, so to speak.

one of the orgys, i think in the pilot, it was obvious that a slave girl or whatever had bolt-ons.

Taco John 03-25-2010 01:38 AM

I don't mind the gratuitous violence, even when they feel like they've got to slow it down. It's annoying but bearable. But the acting in episode 1 is terrible. Especially that early fight scene. I hate it when bad actors feel like they need to talk in forced gruff voices. It ruins the suspension of disbelief for me, and I feel like I'm watching a bunch of dudes on a set.

Does the plot suck you in here? Is the story worth sticking with?

Silock 03-25-2010 01:45 AM

It gets way better. The first episode is pretty trash.

Pants 03-25-2010 09:50 AM

I'm finally caught up, I think (my VOD only went up to Episode 9). It doesn't even come close in quality of story and acting of the good HBO shows, but it's still pretty entertaining. It hasn't drawn me in nearly as much as HBO's Rome. If there wasn't as much titty and violence, I probably wouldn't have gotten to Episode 9, lol.

L.A. Chieffan 03-25-2010 09:54 AM

the episode where they fight those freaks underground was by far the best. the theocolies fight was pretty badass too.

i just like it because my wife will watch it with me AND theres tits and ass in almost every scene

Fish 03-25-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 6631205)
I don't mind the gratuitous violence, even when they feel like they've got to slow it down. It's annoying but bearable. But the acting in episode 1 is terrible. Especially that early fight scene. I hate it when bad actors feel like they need to talk in forced gruff voices. It ruins the suspension of disbelief for me, and I feel like I'm watching a bunch of dudes on a set.

Does the plot suck you in here? Is the story worth sticking with?

It gets considerably better. I nearly gave up after the first ep, but I'm glad I didn't. The show has really evolved in the first 8 or 9 episodes. I'd suggest sticking with it.

BigRedChief 03-25-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6631664)
It gets considerably better. I nearly gave up after the first ep, but I'm glad I didn't. The show has really evolved in the first 8 or 9 episodes. I'd suggest sticking with it.

Yeah its gotten better and some nice all natural boobies to look at every episode too. :rolleyes:

tyler360 03-25-2010 02:57 PM

I hope he recovers well and can get back to the set. That would be really bad if they had to cast a new spartacus.

tyler360 03-26-2010 09:56 PM

Another great episode tonight. Did not see that happening at all. This show has really hooked me.

BigRedChief 03-26-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler360 (Post 6636632)
Another great episode tonight. Did not see that happening at all. This show has really hooked me.

yep, that is a good omen for the series. They will kill off major charectors. It did show the brutailty of the era.

KcMizzou 03-26-2010 11:35 PM

I've been catching up quickly. Just finished episode 7.

This series is WAY over the top, but I'll be damned if it isn't highly entertaining. I'm hooked.

Tribal Warfare 03-27-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 6623517)
I wonder if the show is brewing another slave romance besides Crixus deal.

called it

Silock 03-27-2010 02:39 AM

HOLY ****.

I can't believe they did that, but that takes some balls by the writers. Pulled off in a great way, too. Ilithia is a slutwhorebitch of the highest magnitude, but holy shitballs.

tyler360 03-27-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 6636797)
HOLY ****.

I can't believe they did that, but that takes some balls by the writers. Pulled off in a great way, too. Ilithia is a slutwhorebitch of the highest magnitude, but holy shitballs.

No joke. I cant believe she went down on that kid.

Silock 03-27-2010 03:26 PM

I can't believe that kid pulled it off. And I mean, THE ACTOR. I wouldn't have been able to do that bath scene. I would have been sporting MAJOR wood.