ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why you can't judge a schedule before the season starts... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251099)

Hootie 10-09-2011 10:07 AM

Why you can't judge a schedule before the season starts...

back when the board had a glimmer of optimism, everyone pointed at the schedule and said, "it's too tough, we can go 8-8 this year with a better team than we had last year!!!"

well funny how that works out...

Colts don't have Manning, so nix that as a tough game...

Then we have...

@OAK, SD, MIA, DEN, @NE, PITT, @CHI, @NYJ, GB, OAK, @DEN

Now, I don't think we're going to win a lot of those games...and I could careless either way (**** this team and this roster!)...

but the only absolute unwinnable games even with our shit, shit, shit roster are @NE and GB...

Oakland is improving but if they don't run the ball they don't do shit...and we held AP in check so I don't see why our DEF couldn't keep McFadden in check (just saying)...Chicago is overrated and terrible offensively (minus Forte, but again...I'd rather face an amazing RB than say, Aaron Rodgers)...the Jets are dogshit...and San Diego is overrated as usual (our division isn't as bad as the NFC West but we're definitely the big brother)...

and Pittsburgh is a god damn mess...that offensive line makes our offensive line look twice as good as the Vermeil lines...

Anyways...once again it proves, don't judge a schedule by the way it looks before preseason.

Rausch 10-09-2011 10:09 AM

I don't see us beating the Bears or Giants and I think the Fade sweep us in brutal fashion...

Okie_Apparition 10-09-2011 10:09 AM

Has Thomlin been fired yet

Hootie 10-09-2011 10:10 AM

remaining QB's who scare me:

Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady...Rivers is a homo who I guarantee has had a dick in his mouth within the last 6 weeks.

and I've come to the conclusion that even our shit roster has a chance every god damn Sunday as long as we're not facing an elite QB...and as long as Norv is running the Chargers into the ground and having them play up and down to their competition no matter the competition, Crybaby Rivers doesn't scare me.

Hootie 10-09-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 7978337)
I don't see us beating the Bears or Giants and I think the Fade sweep us in brutal fashion...

I don't see us winning 5 games but that doesn't mean our schedule turned out to be as tough as everyone was worried about...in fact, it turned out to be significantly easier...

we play the Jets, not the Giants

and who would have thought the Lions would end up being the 3rd or 4th best team we played?

(I know, I was right there with the fantasy hype like everyone else but I didn't know it was going to transition into 11 real life wins)

milkman 10-09-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7978342)
I don't see us winning 5 games but that doesn't mean our schedule turned out to be as tough as everyone was worried about...in fact, it turned out to be significantly easier...

we play the Jets, not the Giants

and who would have thought the Lions would end up being the 3rd or 4th best team we played?

(I know, I was right there with the fantasy hype like everyone else but I didn't know it was going to transition into 11 real life wins)

Rex Ryan will dial up a defensive scheme that will have Matt Cassel dazed and confused.

The Bears, while not a great team, and one that I didn't think much of (I predicted them to finsih third in their division behind the Pack and Lions at the site that AustinChief has stickied in the thread at the top of the page), they are still a damn good defense, which Cassel can not perform against.

Hootie 10-09-2011 10:21 AM

this has nothing to do with the Chiefs or Matt Cassel winning games...

it has everything to do with the fact that the Chiefs schedule is no longer "tough"...like everyone thought it would be...

and that dreaded stretch...is no longer dreaded...just a bunch of average teams with major flaws that are a little less flawed than our shit team

Deberg_1990 10-09-2011 10:24 AM

Who knows how teams will be playing in Nov/Dec? Alot of teams start off cold and get hot, or vice versa....

ChiefGator 10-09-2011 10:25 AM

Yeah, definitely. Pittsburgh and Indianapolis alone change the complexion of our schedule.

tk13 10-09-2011 10:25 AM

This happens almost every year though. With few exceptions you never know which teams will be good year to year... half the playoff teams from the year before usually drop out while a few slide in, and you usually have a couple teams who were terrible the year before make playoff runs.

milkman 10-09-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7978369)

it has everything to do with the fact that the Chiefs schedule is no longer "tough"...like everyone thought it would be...

and that dreaded stretch...is no longer dreaded...just a bunch of average teams with major flaws that are a little less flawed than our shit team

Okay.

But I was on record that this team had the talent to win 10-11 games, but that all rode on Cassel.

But you also have to recognize that the teams that seem to be less than expected could well right the ship, and this schedule could wind up still being as difficult as predicted.

milkman 10-09-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 7978379)
This happens almost every year though. With few exceptions you never know which teams will be good year to year... half the playoff teams from the year before usually drop out while a few slide in, and you usually have a couple teams who were terrible the year before make playoff runs.

5 teams per season over the last 3 or 4 years.

Hootie 10-09-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7978328)
Anyways...once again it proves, don't judge a schedule by the way it looks before preseason.

guys, I said that exact point in the OP

Hammock Parties 10-09-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7978369)

Every game is going to be tough for this team because we have two playmakers...two.

Hootie 10-09-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7978388)
Every game is going to be tough for this team because we have two playmakers...two.

omg

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

that is not the point of this thread at all