ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Pioli Poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262896)

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-26-2012 11:59 PM

The Pioli Poll

I was excited when we hired Pioli. I was apparently an idiot.

What could go wrong? A guy from the front office of the best team in the NFL... executive of the year... a couple Super-Bowl teams he helped build. How was this not a major upgrade over Carl?

Long story short... do you still believe Peeholey can build a winning team or not?

(I know some didn't believe it from the start... geniuses)

*not this shit again*
**stupid thread moron**
***why do you even try to start football threads***
****tl;dr**** Pioli

AustinChief 08-27-2012 12:10 AM

depends on what you mean by "winning team"

In Pioli's defense.. we currently have a VERY talented team that is young as hell. We are one lucky draft away from having no excuses on the talent side of things. (obviously that draft will need a legit QB prospect)

A Salt Weapon 08-27-2012 12:11 AM

I liked the Pioli signing and still do. Give the man a chance. How many years did we put up with Carl before getting rid of him. Pioli has made some errors (Casshole, Haley, Jones, and Carr) but overall is moving us in the right direction.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-27-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8856077)
depends on what you mean by "winning team"

In Pioli's defense.. we currently have a VERY talented team that is young as hell. We are one lucky draft away from having no excuses on the talent side of things. (obviously that draft will need a legit QB prospect)

A team that wins more than it losses. Playoffs would be a bonus. Super-Bowl... pfft. That's for other teams.

Seriously... a team that is an annual contender.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-27-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 8856078)
I liked the Pioli signing and still do. Give the man a chance. How many years did we put up with Carl before getting rid of him. Pioli has made some errors (Casshole, Haley, Jones, and Carr) but overall is moving us in the right direction.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd like to be on board with you and I will be once we get a real QB. He has improved other positions. He's ignored the most important... or maybe more realistically... he's been blind to his own failure.

wazu 08-27-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 8856078)
Posted via Mobile Device

I feel I've given Pioli a chance, even through disagreeing with many key moves. If the Chiefs win a playoff game this year, that chance will be extended by one year.

Munson 08-27-2012 12:18 AM

He's failed at addressing the most important position in football. We aren't winning shit until we get a real QB.

Bewbies 08-27-2012 12:19 AM

Pioli has done a great job. On everything except the QB position, which is BY FAR the most important position on the field.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-27-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 8856088)
I feel I've given Pioli a chance, even through disagreeing with many key moves. If the Chiefs win a playoff game this year, that chance will be extended by one year.

This. This is a win now league. Teams can change fates immediately. With the Chiefs being so far under the cap in the past there's been no excuse not to seriously upgrade at QB other than Pioli's stupid pride imo.

If they don't go deep into the playoffs this year then shit can him. How much time do you need to not spend the money you have?

pr_capone 08-27-2012 12:23 AM

Poll fail, not public.

I still think Pioli is going about this the right way, even if he is taking forever and a day. We have talent at every single position of need other than QB (and a little light on DB).

pimpchief 08-27-2012 12:23 AM

I think pioli was the best guy out there. Its been a difficult few years to easily throw a team together. The lockout, new cba, lack of qb protects outside the top 5 picks, a poor 2009 draft pool altogether, lack of legitimate coaching prospects... Etc.

I think we make the playoffs this year, and probably atleast four of the next five years with some wins and maybe a superbowl.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-27-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8856099)
Poll fail, not public.

I still think Pioli is going about this the right way, even if he is taking forever and a day. We have talent at every single position of need other than QB (and a little light on DB).

I don't like public polls, I think it scares some people off. I'd rather have a more realistic outcome.

pr_capone 08-27-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8856097)
This. This is a win now league. Teams can change fates immediately. With the Chiefs being so far under the cap in the past there's been no excuse not to seriously upgrade at QB other than Pioli's stupid pride imo.

If they don't go deep into the playoffs this year then shit can him. How much time do you need to not spend the money you have?

Hindsight 20/20, I would have loved for KC to have picked up Dalton over Baldwin in the 2011 draft. I don't think they did because of Kasl's stats but hell, I was willing to give Kasl another shot in '11 based on the previous season.

I bet they thought they had 3 years to develop Stanzi and that kept them from pulling the trigger on a high rd QB. Kasl ****ed us yet again.

BigMeatballDave 08-27-2012 12:33 AM

He's completely failed at QB.

The roster is pretty good, overall.

You just cannot fail at QB.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-27-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8856113)
Hindsight 20/20, I would have loved for KC to have picked up Dalton over Baldwin in the 2011 draft. I don't think they did because of Kasl's stats but hell, I was willing to give Kasl another shot in '11 based on the previous season.

I bet they thought they had 3 years to develop Stanzi and that kept them from pulling the trigger on a high rd QB. Kasl ****ed us yet again.

I get that. I submit Dave's post #14 as my response.