ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What would the nfl do (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267279)

Demonpenz 12-02-2012 02:52 AM

What would the nfl do

What would the NFL do if the players really gave up tomorrow. Like they lined up but it was clear they weren't chasing the ball carriers or tackling. Like not giving a **** to the max. So much not giving a **** they give up like 700 passing yards and 10 TD's. Do you think the game would have a astrick by it?

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-02-2012 02:53 AM

That's already happened at least 7 or 8 times this year. The league wouldn't notice. It's the Chiefs.

DaneMcCloud 12-02-2012 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9170445)
What would the NFL do if the players really gave up tomorrow. Like they lined up but it was clear they weren't chasing the ball carriers or tackling. Like not giving a **** to the max. So much not giving a **** they give up like 700 passing yards and 10 TD's. Do you think the game would have a astrick by it?

Considering that David Stern just fined the Spurs $250k for sitting their starters (and only lost by a few points), I'd guess it would be a massive fine and loss of draft picks.

Rasputin 12-02-2012 02:54 AM

I think they are going give it their best effort thus far of the season.

Demonpenz 12-02-2012 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9170449)
I think they are going give it their best effort thus far of the season.

it could really go either way I could see them playing hard as possible or just being like **** this.

lcarus 12-02-2012 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9170461)
it could really go either way I could see them playing hard as possible or just being like **** this.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking as well. Could go either way, and I wouldn't blame them for whatever their decision is.

Demonpenz 12-02-2012 03:00 AM

I wish I could make a thread about this, but I remember seeing how the players felt after playing when Kennedy was killed. Kinda expect tomorrow to go somewhat like that.

Rasputin 12-02-2012 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9170468)
I wish I could make a thread about this, but I remember seeing how the players felt after playing when Kennedy was killed. Kinda expect tomorrow to go somewhat like that.

I was thinking the same thing. Didn't the NFL get blasted for having them play that game especially the Cowboys?

Demonpenz 12-02-2012 03:04 AM

they got blasted by the players. The commish at the time said it was a mistake making them play.

AdumbGuy 12-02-2012 07:06 AM

The whole thing is bizarre. Romeo understandably has trouble keeping his composure telling his team about belcher, but is going to be ok playing tomorrow? Quinn says it's hard to focus on a game right now and that some of them are admirably trying to make sure the daughter is taken care of.

Regular practice and walkthroughs haven't happened so they're either going to be underprepared and unfocused or riding an emotional high.

And what about the panthers. Is there going to be a moratorium on trash talking? On schemes attacking the linebackers?

And what if the chiefs lose? How ****ing depressing will that be for everybody?

The whole damn thing is bizarre.

petegz28 12-02-2012 09:28 AM

Let's be honest and real, if it were Tom Brady asking for the game to be canceled and not Tamba Hali, the game would have been canceled.

BigRock 12-02-2012 09:41 AM

If they were literally standing around not running or tackling, I would think by the second possession the refs would huddle up, probably talk to someone in NY, talk to Romeo, and call the game on a forfeit. They're not going to let that continue for 3 hours.

There are forfeit guidelines in the rulebook, they're just never used.

loochy 12-02-2012 09:42 AM

Yup...Belcher = President of the United States

loochy 12-02-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9170539)
And what if the chiefs lose? How ****ing depressing will that be for everybody?

Winning or losing doesn't change the depression level. What happened cannot be undone or unseen.

CaliforniaChief 12-02-2012 09:43 AM

I expect that with a loud crowd and emotion, they'll probably give great effort. But if they fall behind, they might really get crushed.