ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life What a Long Strange Trip it's been (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242450)

Mr. Flopnuts 03-07-2011 11:08 PM

What a Long Strange Trip it's been

I swear to God this is the worst economic situation that any of us will face in our lifetime. It's just brutal out there, still. Never in my almost 34 years of life on this planet have I ever had a hard time finding a job. I'm good at what I do, and my resume backs it up. For the last year and 3 months I have been unemployed and freaking out. Tried this and that, here and there, and nothing seemed to work for me.

Determined to get out of the field I was in, I moved halfway across the country to Springfield, MO knowing full well that my level of expertise was just not in demand out here. I know times are tough, and people are lucky to have jobs but if you're positively miserable in your day to day existence, what's the ****ing point? We haven't starved. We've paid our rent every month. It's been a scratch, kick, and claw existence, but to some degree that can be good for the soul.

Anyways, I ramble. I'm excited. I got a job today. It's not glamorous. It's not glorious, but mother**** I can pay my bills, and look at myself in the mirror every day while I do it. And while it may not be glamorous, it is in the top establishment in town for it's field. I'll make close to 50k a year doing a not so glamorous job, and frankly, I can live with that.

So congratulate me. I'm Hootie. I'm waiting tables for a fine dining establishment. And I give not a ****, because Goddammit, I can pay my bills again. What else really matters?

Bugeater 03-07-2011 11:09 PM

NOOOOOO!!!!

Buck 03-07-2011 11:10 PM

Congrats.

Do you get free bread and shit like that?

joesomebody 03-07-2011 11:11 PM

Congrats sir. I'm with you. I just graduated in December and having a tough time finding meaningful work. I feel blessed to have a job, the same job I've had as a part time job while I was in college. I get a lot more hours now that I have open availability, and I'm making ends meet. I've never been this broke from a disposable income point of view in my entire life. I've also never been without a job for more than 3 months since I was 14. I'm working now, just not exactly making it rain anything but ramen noodles.

wutamess 03-07-2011 11:13 PM

:thumb:

Hammock Parties 03-07-2011 11:13 PM

Sweet, you can serve me next time I'm in town.

Phobia 03-07-2011 11:15 PM

I've had glamorous jobs that paid a lot of money. Frankly, I wasn't happy. So, I have a non-glamorous job that pays piddle-fart nada and I'm mostly happy. I've learned not to identify so much what I do for a living because it doesn't matter as much as what I do for life.

luv 03-07-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7473733)
NOOOOOO!!!!

LMAO

luv 03-07-2011 11:19 PM

Anywhere near the Landing?

crazycoffey 03-07-2011 11:21 PM

congrats flops, nothing but the best for you.

pr_capone 03-07-2011 11:22 PM

Grats broseph!

Rain Man 03-07-2011 11:31 PM

Congrats on continuing to swim in a swim-or-dog-eat-sinking-dog world right now.

You moved halfway across the country to Springfield? No offense, but...why Springfield?

Mr. Flopnuts 03-07-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7473756)
Anywhere near the Landing?

Nope. Right on the strip. I'll give you details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7473784)
Congrats on continuing to swim in a swim-or-dog-eat-sinking-dog world right now.

You moved halfway across the country to Springfield? No offense, but...why Springfield?

I love it here. I lived here 13 years ago, and the people here are awesome. They're who I strive to be. They're from everywhere but here. They just want something that life couldn't provide them from where they're from. They inevitably go back, but I'm not. I have my family, and that's all I need. Where I'm at doesn't matter as long as I have the people that matter most. This won't last forever. But right now, it is just fine. It will make me happy. Nothing is better than that.

BigMeatballDave 03-07-2011 11:41 PM

:thumb: Congrats, Flop!

Hootie 03-07-2011 11:43 PM

good

when I move to KC when my life crashes down before me (like it inevitably will) I'll have a good friend to get me a job!