ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   START POLLARD NOW! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=155367)

wutamess 12-31-2006 12:15 PM

START POLLARD NOW!

All he does is makes plays.

El Jefe 12-31-2006 12:20 PM

Agreed

Deberg_1990 12-31-2006 12:21 PM

Blocking punts is a little different than dropping back in coverage....

But i agree, he should be starting. Its time to play the youngsters.

the Talking Can 12-31-2006 12:23 PM

what does punt blocking have to do with playing safety?

wutamess 12-31-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
what does punt blocking have to do with playing safety?

The man makes plays and seems to be the only one on the field that wants to win during ballgames.
He's younger and he wasn't a 2nd round pick for nothing.

We're virtually out of the playoff picture and we need to start thinking about next year. Can't be any worse than Greg Wesley and will actually get a shoulder pad on a ball carrier. Reminds me of Sean Taylor of Washington that loves to hit just to be hitting.
Why not?

Thig Lyfe 12-31-2006 12:29 PM

He's already a special teams stud, and when he does play safety he makes plays. He'd be a better starter than Knight or Wesley next year.

doomy3 12-31-2006 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess
The man makes plays and seems to be the only one on the field that wants to win during ballgames.
He's younger and he wasn't a 2nd round pick for nothing.

We're virtually out of the playoff picture and we need to start thinking about next year. Can't be any worse than Greg Wesley and will actually get a shoulder pad on a ball carrier. Reminds me of Sean Taylor of Washington that loves to hit just to be hitting.
Why not?

Wesley did cause the first 3 and out. Knight caused the last one. I agree that the future of the safety play looks great with Page and Pollard, but I kind of like the fact that Herm is taking it slow with them. I think they are a little raw, especially Pollard. Right now he is gaining tons of confidence by making plays like he just did and picking spots on defense. Better than getting beat like he has shown a couple times. He will be good though.

Deberg_1990 12-31-2006 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3
Wesley did cause the first 3 and out. Knight caused the last one. I agree that the future of the safety play looks great with Page and Pollard, but I kind of like the fact that Herm is taking it slow with them. I think they are a little raw, especially Pollard. Right now he is gaining tons of confidence by making plays like he just did and picking spots on defense. Better than getting beat like he has shown a couple times. He will be good though.

You act as of this team has won a couple of SB's and have a 12-3 record.

Wesley has been crap for 6 years now. Far too inconsistant of a player.

Hes a liability in pass coverage and always has been.

Easy 6 12-31-2006 01:12 PM

Pollard & Page will have to REALLY regress this summer to not be starters in 07.

I wish it had happened sooner, they are a KILLER 1-2 punch already. Next years S's should be SET. Bernard may be a 'lil rougher around the edges, but the sooner he goes into the tumbler at S, the sooner he will be a smooth stone.

Jared, Tamba, DJ & these guys can build something special here.

Theres not nearly as many D holes as some insist on thinking.

Halfcan 12-31-2006 01:15 PM

He is a stud-I agree!

Deberg_1990 12-31-2006 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free

Just right up the gut. DT, which has been discussed endlessly.

IM not a big Kawika fan either. I think we can upgrade there.

and of course safety....Page and Pollar will hopefully continue to improve.

wutamess 12-31-2006 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free

Not true... if we don't get a great DT then this theory goes down the drain. Great DT play will make Wesley, Knight, Law, & Surtain look like pro-bowlers again.

Easy 6 12-31-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

Not true... if we don't get a great DT then this theory goes down the drain. Great DT play will make Wesley, Knight, Law, & Surtain look like pro-bowlers again.

Well, thats my point.

The only GLARING spot is at DT.

GROB 12-31-2006 01:22 PM

Well I guess you will have to wait until next year to see him start since this is KC last game of the year.

doomy3 12-31-2006 01:23 PM

Quote:

Right, so that kind of hurts the argument for the start of this thread doesn't it?