ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

wazu 06-02-2015 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11530057)
Anyone else getting suspicious of that lil hopper back at Castle Black?

I don't know anything about the story, but it seems like he might do something crazy. They keep showing him in the background when Jon Snow is talking about the Wildlings and then that scene with Sam and the soup.

I wasn't suspicious, but now I am. He did not look satisfied with Sam's explanation. Kinda doubt he would do something to hurt Jon, though. Which of course probably means he will poison him.

MMXcalibur 06-02-2015 11:56 AM

I'm on the opposite end.

I think Thorne is going to lock Jon out, but Olly comes to the rescue by opening the gate having come to some realization on why Jon is making peace with the Wildlings.

Amnorix 06-02-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11530057)
Anyone else getting suspicious of that lil hopper back at Castle Black?

I don't know anything about the story, but it seems like he might do something crazy. They keep showing him in the background when Jon Snow is talking about the Wildlings and then that scene with Sam and the soup.

No. Not at all. We just keep seeing him lingering in every episode, and he keeps asking questions and seems really dissatisfied with the answers. And the Wildlings murdered not just his family, but his entire village.

I'm sure he's just going to disappear from the show altogether without having done anything of significance whatsoever.

Fish 06-02-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11530026)
I also had this horrible feeling that the giant (who waded out and disappeared) was going to have died from his wounds under the water and get risen with the other wights and come launching up and capsize a boat.

Okay, I didn't REALLY think that would happen, but it would have been ****ed up.

Yeah, they kinda teased with the camera focus that something unexpected might happen. For a second I thought he was going to turn to the camera and show some glowing blue eyes and start going on a Kraken rampage....

Bowser 06-02-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11530122)
No. Not at all. We just keep seeing him lingering in every episode, and he keeps asking questions and seems really dissatisfied with the answers. And the Wildlings murdered not just his family, but his entire village.

I'm sure he's just going to disappear from the show altogether without having done anything of significance whatsoever.

You are George RR Martin's target audience.

The Franchise 06-02-2015 12:03 PM

I really hope that Sam sees it coming and ****ing offs the kid.

KCUnited 06-02-2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11530101)
I wasn't suspicious, but now I am. He did not look satisfied with Sam's explanation. Kinda doubt he would do something to hurt Jon, though. Which of course probably means he will poison him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11530110)
I'm on the opposite end.

I think Thorne is going to lock Jon out, but Olly comes to the rescue by opening the gate having come to some realization on why Jon is making peace with the Wildlings.

I agree they are going somewhere with it, otherwise that scene with Sam seemed rather pointless. I can see it going both ways as well, he does something crazy to Jon, or something great to save/assist him.

But I'm currently re-watching The Wire, which is why I used the lil hopper reference, and can't help but feel a comparison between two favorite characters surviving an extreme only to be taken out by someone rather insignificant. Which as wazu alluded to, kind of jives with GoT.

Fish 06-02-2015 12:14 PM

Ollie is going to try and kill Jon.... that's my guess from the way they keep revisiting Ollie's angst...

mdchiefsfan 06-02-2015 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11530122)

Wyjsissotmawdfaraltisyabsosatnhjblittfociyaicyawcsabsl;hiyabsaytbtsapticsweofoctyaiabrm.
Translation:
Hehe

fairladyZ 06-02-2015 02:57 PM

as soon as whats her name left the room i thought sam was a goner.. I thought ollie was going to off him just like those guys that kicked the shit out of him would have done.. Seems to be a split at the nights watch, The small band of jon supporters, and the big band of the old lord commander. And seem it will be coming to head very soon. Which side ollie takes is the key.

temper11 06-02-2015 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 11530391)
as soon as whats her name left the room i thought sam was a goner.. I thought ollie was going to off him just like those guys that kicked the shit out of him would have done.. Seems to be a split at the nights watch, The small band of jon supporters, and the big band of the old lord commander. And seem it will be coming to head very soon. Which side ollie takes is the key.

My first thought was that the food he brought Sam would be poisoned, since Sam is such a big supporter of Jon. Just the way he offered it, and the way Sam received it, seemed significantly ominous somehow. Or it could just be that this show is so freaking backhanded all the time, I'm paranoid and looking for threats everywhere.

Good show.

Sandy Vagina 06-02-2015 04:43 PM

Thought I was paranoid, but not nearly as bad as some of you, lol.

I do agree that lil dude will probably try to kill Tormund.. or attempt something in the endeavor of keeping the wildlings from passing through the Wall.

GloucesterChief 06-02-2015 05:44 PM

I think he is just conflicted. He clearly idolizies Jon but wildings did kill his whole village on their way to the wall.

Buehler445 06-02-2015 09:56 PM

Alright, will someone please explain to me (again) what happened to Valeria to bring it down?

GloucesterChief 06-02-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11531490)
Alright, will someone please explain to me (again) what happened to Valeria to bring it down?

Seems like some sort of natural disaster plus plague, greyscale?