ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   12/10/11 Mock Draft, making two crazy assumptions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253509)

Direckshun 12-10-2011 03:21 AM

12/10/11 Mock Draft, making two crazy assumptions

Just to change things up, let's play with a scenario a little bit here.

Haley is not fired, brought back for one more season to prove his worth.

The Colts draft Andrew Luck, and Manning gets cut per his request.

Rumors are that the Chiefs wanted Manning last year, so we bring him in, his neck looks solid, so we sign him to a three year deal.

I wish there were some way to hold onto Cassel, since he'd be an excellent backup, but history would dictate that we cut Matt Cassel.

Second crazy assumptions. I started a thread last week about the improbability that we retain Brandon Carr. To play with our scenario a little bit here, we lose him in free agency.

At this point we're projected to draft at about #14.

Onward.

1. CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama

The manning acquisition fixes so much of our offense that it may be time to invest at our biggest hole on defense, the CB position opposite Flowers.

2. OT Nate Potter, Boise State

Our biggest hole on offense continues to be the RT position. Potter will do at RT for a season or two while we figure out if Albert is what we want at LT. Potter has LT ability.

3. NT Dontari Poe, Memphis

This team needs to get a lot bigger, and a lot tougher. Poe is 350 lbs to pair with our other massive NTs Amon Gordon and Jerrell Powe.

4. RB Christine Michael, Texas A&M

Michael will hopefully stay a drastically undervalued product. I think this guy is first day talent, he averaged six yards a carry at A&M and sports amazing balance on contract. A season ending injury has dropped his stock.

5. TE Rhett Ellison, USC

I continue to be on the TE train. Especially with Manning at the helm, Ellison is a nice comparison to the Dallas Clark type of tight end.

6. OLB Darius Fleming, Notre Dame

Studebaker and Sheffield aren't getting on the field. Maybe Fleming, a pretty talented passrusher out of Notre Dame, will.

7. WR Deonte Thompson, Florida

We need more depth at WR, and Thompson is a fantastic talent that is just getting obscured by the hideous quarterbacking in Florida.

Direckshun 12-10-2011 03:30 AM

QB: Manning, Stanzi, Palko
RB: Charles, Michael, McCluster, Battle
FB: Bannon

WR: Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, McCluster, Thompson
TE: Moeaki, Ellison, Pope

LT: Albert, Potter
LG: Lilja, Harris
C: Hudson, Harris
RG: Asamoah, Harris
RT: Potter, Maneri

DE: Dorsey, Bailey
NT: Poe, Powe, Gordon
DE: Jackson, Gordon

OLB: Hali, Sheffield
ILB: Belcher, Siler
ILB: Johnson, Williams
OLB: Houston, Fleming

CB: Flowers, Kirkpatrick, Arenas, Brown, Daniels
S: Berry, Lewis, McGraw, Daniels

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford
KR/PR: Arenas, McCluster

Dexter Manley 12-10-2011 05:07 AM

"RB Christine Michael, Texas A&M"

I sure as heck hope "Christine" is tough as nails and can punch like LeGarrette Blount, because if he gets hurt or starts fumbling, football fans will be merciless to "Christine..."

Nightfyre 12-11-2011 05:51 PM

Nitpicking, but I doubt Poe stays on the board until round 3

O.city 12-11-2011 06:42 PM

Well it's time to start turning towards the draft.

Its imperative that we get a game changer at qb. RGIII or Barkley or Luck or Tannehill I don't care what you gotta do, get one.

eazyb81 12-13-2011 08:50 AM

I don't see why Michael would leave A&M after a season-ending injury nets him only a pick in the 4th round. I think it's more likely he stays another year to be the man after Cyrus Gray graduates.

RealSNR 12-13-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbie (Post 8185659)
"RB Christine Michael, Texas A&M"

I sure as heck hope "Christine" is tough as nails and can punch like LeGarrette Blount, because if he gets hurt or starts fumbling, football fans will be merciless to "Christine..."

Stacey Mack sends his condolences to Christine Michael

Dexter Manley 12-14-2011 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8201551)
Stacey Mack sends his condolences to Christine Michael

Stacey was one tough kid...