ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Travis Kelce commenting on Kareem Hunt's release (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323428)

Tribal Warfare 06-15-2019 02:00 PM

Travis Kelce commenting on Kareem Hunt's release

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Travis Kelce on Kareem Hunt: “It ripped our hearts out when he got released from Kansas City.” <a href="https://t.co/oN0HLywQP9">https://t.co/oN0HLywQP9</a></p>&mdash; Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/1139983818268577794?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 15, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigRedChief 06-15-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14309679)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Travis Kelce on Kareem Hunt: “It ripped our hearts out when he got released from Kansas City.” <a href="https://t.co/oN0HLywQP9">https://t.co/oN0HLywQP9</a></p>&mdash; Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/1139983818268577794?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 15, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They need to direct his anger at Hunt. If he hadnt lied to Reid and the Chiefs about leaving the hotel room, he may have stayed.

Demonpenz 06-15-2019 02:16 PM

not that it is the marines or some shit, but when some guy bashes his skull to pick up a few more yards there is more than some workplace friendship bullshit. I bet they were bonded like mother ****ers

Reerun_KC 06-15-2019 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14309686)
They need to direct his anger at Hunt. If he hadnt lied to Reid and the Chiefs about leaving the hotel room, he may have stayed.

Yet Reid and Clark lie all the time. Your point?

FloridaMan88 06-15-2019 02:24 PM

In hindsight it was a mistake to release Kareem Hunt, which I am sure Clark/Veach/Reid would admit to now if they were being honest.

Yes they released him more because of the fact he lied to them about the incident than the actual incident itself, but the Chiefs should have let the initial emotions of the video release die down before taking action.

Hopefully they'll apply lessons learned in how they reacted to Kareem Hunt's situation to Tyreek's current situation.

O.city 06-15-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14309700)
In hindsight it was a mistake to release Kareem Hunt, which I am sure Clark/Veach/Reid would admit to now if they were being honest.

Yes they released him more because of the fact he lied to them about the incident than the actual incident itself, but the Chiefs should have let the initial emotions of the video release die down before taking action.

Hopefully they'll apply lessons learned in how they reacted to Kareem Hunt's situation to Tyreek's current situation.

Plus he is a running back

Had he been a different position I’m guessing things would have gone different

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06-15-2019 02:29 PM

We couldn’t of kept Hunt anyways. He would’ve cost a lot

SupDock 06-15-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14309705)

Would've. Now I'm not sure

Chief Roundup 06-15-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

No but we could have gotten something back for him in a trade.

-King- 06-15-2019 02:33 PM

Uh oh.... Pitt gorilla might have an aneurysm in this thread

-King- 06-15-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 14309707)
No but we could have gotten something back for him in a trade.

No team would have traded for him.

Chief Roundup 06-15-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14309710)
No team would have traded for him.

Bullshit. If we kept him and let the suspension stuff happen we could have gotten something for him. Porbably a day 3 pick but still. If we kept him through the suspension and then traded we would have definitely gotten at least a Day 2 pick.

FloridaMan88 06-15-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

The Chiefs could have kept Hunt on the relative cheap for a while longer because of the incident... similar to what Cleveland has with him now.

Bump 06-15-2019 02:38 PM

Has any of the twitter tards and garbage journalists ree'd about the Browns picking him up for free? Oh, they are still crying about how we haven't released Hill so that some other team can get him for free as well?

Frazod 06-15-2019 02:43 PM

I'd still dearly love to know who leaked that ****ing video.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/62f3...itemid=6209353

Why Not? 06-15-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

At this point it seems that’s exactly what they’re doing.

ThyKingdomCome15 06-15-2019 03:06 PM

Enjoy kicking our dumb@sses as a Brown, Kareem. Dorsey 1 Clark Hunt 0

RunKC 06-15-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

They don’t need to. Kareem lied to them and they knew he would play for someone else at some point.

As far as we know, Tyreek has not lied and at this point he has done nothing wrong, despite the media and their incessant need to lie about that.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 06-15-2019 03:09 PM

Unless he could have kept Dee Ford from being offsides. Browns are welcome to him

MMXcalibur 06-15-2019 03:15 PM

I'd love to work for some of you who think that lying to your employer is something to be overlooked.

Marcellus 06-15-2019 03:16 PM

No idea why this is thread worthy. What is dude supposed to say?

-King- 06-15-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 14309712)
Bullshit. If we kept him and let the suspension stuff happen we could have gotten something for him. Porbably a day 3 pick but still. If we kept him through the suspension and then traded we would have definitely gotten at least a Day 2 pick.

No team was giving a pick for him. His contract from the browns should tell you how little in demand he was.

TribalElder 06-15-2019 03:33 PM

Social Justice Warriors caused his release

dickbags like florio would still be writing hit pieces about KC if we hadn't released Kareem

sucks because he was on track to be a monster RB in our system

Cosmos 06-15-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14309720)

He needed an intervention, this wasn’t his first assault and likely wouldn’t have been his last.

If the end result saved a life, a career or jail time....it was fortunate.

You are in your 50’s man, thought you would be able to look at the big picture and put aside the rage and selfishness. Life is bigger than football, and impacts more than just you.

Frazod 06-15-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmos (Post 14309760)
He needed an intervention, this wasn’t his first assault and likely wouldn’t have been his last.

If the end result saved a life, a career or jail time....it was fortunate.

You are in your 50’s man, thought you would be able to look at the big picture and put aside the rage and selfishness. Life is bigger than football, and impacts more than just you.

Oh shit, somebody sprayed estrogen all over my monitor.

Reerun_KC 06-15-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 14309743)
Unless he could have kept Dee Ford from being offsides. Browns are welcome to him

With hunt and that game isn’t close nor would NE have had that opportunity.

Reerun_KC 06-15-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14309763)

Cosmos saying cosmos things.

FloridaMan88 06-15-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Obviously the Faketriots.

BigRedChief 06-15-2019 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14309695)

wellll it’s a duh point so not sure why you are asking for clarification. :hmmm:

You lied to your boss. Embrassed the business. PR nightmare because of you and the lies. New evidence is made public that leaves no doubt, you lied to them. Twice.

Your boss calls you into the office and asks you a direct question. You lie to them again. Of course there is CCTV video in the halls and elevators in hotels. Duh.... but you lied again anyway. I never left that hotel room. Never touched that women.

You tell me any business in the world that would allow an employee to lie to them, twice and keep their job.

BigRedChief 06-15-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMXcalibur (Post 14309746)
I'd love to work for some of you who think that lying to your employer is something to be overlooked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 14309759)
Social Justice Warriors caused his release

WRONG! see above post.

Setsuna 06-15-2019 04:56 PM

HE'S DEAD GUYS. LET HIM GO.
https://media.giphy.com/media/zNVHiLDe2aQ3C/giphy.gif

poolboy 06-15-2019 04:58 PM

F%$# Dorsey and F&^% Cleveland

they are my new most hated team

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-15-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poolboy (Post 14309832)
F%$# Dorsey and F&^% Cleveland

they are my new most hated team

Dude, where's your loyalty? If you are a true Chiefs fan you must hate the Donkeys and Raiders the most. cleveland is irrelevant but they will be fun to watch evolving.

Valiant 06-15-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14309815)
wellll it’s a duh point so not sure why you are asking for clarification. :hmmm:

You lied to your boss. Embrassed the business. PR nightmare because of you and the lies. New evidence is made public that leaves no doubt, you lied to them. Twice.

Your boss calls you into the office and asks you a direct question. You lie to them again. Of course there is CCTV video in the halls and elevators in hotels. Duh.... but you lied again anyway. I never left that hotel room. Never touched that women.

You tell me any business in the world that would allow an employee to lie to them, twice and keep their job.

Depends on the employee.

We had a guy at farmland punch a customer in the face. He is senior management now.

The world is usually not ethical.

Hell, look at police brutality. Most cops do not lose their jobs.

TribalElder 06-15-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14309818)
WRONG! see above post.

They said all that shit about the lies as a cop out to fool alpha personality fans

They needed the media attention to go away immediately or everyone would start bringing up Tyreeks past and belcher and shit. They used the lies as a cop out and I bet they wouldn’t have cut him if they knew the browns would just sign him anyway.

Red Dawg 06-15-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

It happened in Cleveland. Take a wild guess who got a hold of it.

Flying High D 06-15-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 14309872)
They said all that shit about the lies as a cop out to fool alpha personality fans

They needed the media attention to go away immediately or everyone would start bringing up Tyreeks past and belcher and shit. They used the lies as a cop out and I bet they wouldn’t have cut him if they knew the browns would just sign him anyway.

They absolutely ****ing knew some team was going to sign him. No if, ands or buts about it. The SJW’s seemed satisfied when he got cut. Was there a peep when he got signed by the brown turds?

Pitt Gorilla 06-15-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

It was a mistake at the time. Several of us noted just that. It’s unfortunate that our owner was, somehow, less aware of the situation.

-King- 06-15-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14309901)
It was a mistake at the time. Several of us noted just that. It’s unfortunate that our owner was, somehow, less aware of the situation.

We were able to replace his production with Damien Williams pretty quickly. So what does it matter?

Frazod 06-15-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 14309879)

Boy, if it was ultimately Dorsey who maneuvered the whole thing, that's some serious Michael Corleone level payback.

Pitt Gorilla 06-15-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14309905)
We were able to replace his production with Damien Williams pretty quickly. So what does it matter?

I’d rather have both in the stable this season. Also, there was literally no advantage to doing it, especially if it pisses off your star tight end.

RetiredSeniorChief 06-15-2019 08:10 PM

Hunt is an incredibly talented young man. Too bad he's a Moron, this deficiency will cost him millions.

Reerun_KC 06-15-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14309815)

Does he help you win a Super Bowl or not?

crispystl 06-15-2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14309701)
Plus he is a running back

Had he been a different position I’m guessing things would have gone different

Yup, if Mahomes did the same thing would he be off the team? NO ****ING WAY....AT ALL

Chiefshrink 06-15-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14309770)
With hunt and that game isn’t close nor would NE have had that opportunity.

Hunt wouldn't have performed any better than DW. Bellichek was caught off guard like we all were when Hunt in his rookie year and first game in Foxborough scorched the Pats. Bellichek doesn't forget and he saw DW as every bit as worthy but Bellichek knew the key to stopping our offense was confusing the O-line on stunts and severely limiting TH. Mahomes still brought us back in the lead with a less than 2 minutes to go and we know the rest of the story.:rolleyes:

The only thing KH has over DW is just a little bit more thump running between the tackles but DW is quicker and faster with just as good if not better hands IMHO.

stevieray 06-15-2019 08:38 PM

Mahomes Hunt Kelce Hill was a special dynamic with the sky as the limit..

Unfortunately we will never know that full potential, as it is water under the bridge.

Coochie liquor 06-15-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14309695)

Boss: Hey Reerun, did you fly that plane over the no fly zone?

Reerun: No, I stayed the course I was supposed to stay on.

Boss: Ok we believe you as we have no reason to doubt you.

FAA: That dumbass Reerun flew over the no fly zone.

Boss: We know for a fact you flew over the no fly zone and you lied about it...

How does this end in your line of work?

KChiefs1 06-15-2019 08:41 PM

Just resign him when he becomes a free agent.

Chiefshrink 06-15-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14310083)

Unfortunately we will never know that full potential, as it is water under the bridge.

So True !!

crispystl 06-15-2019 08:56 PM

[QUOTE=Cosmos;14309760]He needed an intervention, this wasn’t his first assault and likely wouldn’t have been his last.

^^^Found the leak!!

Pitt Gorilla 06-15-2019 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14310077)
Hunt wouldn't have performed any better than DW. Bellichek was caught off guard like we all were when Hunt in his rookie year and first game in Foxborough scorched the Pats. Bellichek doesn't forget and he saw DW as every bit as worthy but Bellichek knew the key to stopping our offense was confusing the O-line on stunts and severely limiting TH. Mahomes still brought us back in the lead with a less than 2 minutes to go and we know the rest of the story.:rolleyes:

The only thing KH has over DW is just a little bit more thump running between the tackles but DW is quicker and faster with just as good if not better hands IMHO.

um, Williams’ vision and balance aren’t in the same stratosphere as Hunt.

Pitt Gorilla 06-15-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 14310086)

Replace Hunt/rerun with Mahomes. Suddenly, we cool.

loochy 06-15-2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Prove it or lawsuit incoming

They always back down

Corporate leaders are a bunch of pussies

crispystl 06-15-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14310077)

IMOP it's FAIRLY close overall, but Hunt's balance and ability to break tackles was significantly better and I think that made him superior to DW.

Flying High D 06-15-2019 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 14310088)
Just resign him when he becomes a free agent.

One Arrowhead Drive says he will never wear the Chiefs colors again.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-15-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14309864)
Dude, where's your loyalty? If you are a true Chiefs fan you must hate the Donkeys and Raiders the most. cleveland is irrelevant but they will be fun to watch evolving.

**** that! The Faid are just eternally sad and useless, and the donks are heading that way. I'll reserve some donk hate for the sweep, but Cleveland is number 2 until we dissolve them.

Also, thank God we can revisit this topic again!

Flying High D 06-15-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14310131)
**** that! The Faid are just eternally sad and useless, and the donks are heading that way. I'll reserve some donk hate for the sweep, but Cleveland is number 2 until we dissolve them.

Also, thank God we can revisit this topic again!

Is shitsburgh #3?

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-15-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 14310122)
One Arrowhead Drive says he will never wear the Chiefs colors again.

Yeah they say a lot of things:

"Alex to the HOF"
"GM and HC are separate entities reporting to me"
"WR and Safety were our highest priorities"

Etc. Sprinkle with salt, please.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-15-2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 14310135)
Is shitsburgh #3?

For you love? Sure.

Flying High D 06-15-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14310141)
For you love? Sure.

Hell, I didn’t know. Thought it might be those pukes in Indianapolis. We owe those misplaced Baltimore baby horses a lot of gettin even as OJ would say.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-15-2019 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14310106)
um, Williams’ vision and balance aren’t in the same stratosphere as Hunt.

Agreed. They can throw PFF all day long and it doesn't mean shit. And if Williams was so ****ing great, why wasn't he the starter to begin with?

Argue THAT one, fools.

Flying High D 06-15-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14310145)
Agreed. They can throw PFF all day long and it doesn't mean shit. And if Williams was so ****ing great, why wasn't he the starter to begin with?

Argue THAT one, fools.

Very insightful, thanks for posting.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-15-2019 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 14310143)
Hell, I didn’t know. Thought it might be those pukes in Indianapolis. We owe those misplaced Baltimore baby horses a lot of gettin even as OJ would say.

I believe that finally beating them will be enough going forward in terms of confidence needed to repeat the process.
They were never that great, we were just THAT out of focus/sync/preparation. AND, our QB's were straight garbage. Mahomes has signed the deed; that house is ours now.

Flying High D 06-15-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14310150)
I believe that finally beating them will be enough going forward in terms of confidence needed to repeat the process.
They were never that great, we were just THAT out of focus/sync/preparation. AND, our QB's were straight garbage. Mahomes has signed the deed; that house is ours now.

I understand, I get that. But, I would enjoy if the Chiefs would just continue curb stomping them. Happy thoughts.

CasselGotPeedOn 06-15-2019 10:23 PM

Quote:

Damn, I was hoping this would end with Reerun crashing into a mountain or some shit.

suzzer99 06-15-2019 10:28 PM

This was widely reported at the time. The players loved Hunt, he was always joking around the club house. Great guy.

suzzer99 06-15-2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

This is sooooo much funnier if you picture the original Reerun.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...28actor%29.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-15-2019 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 14310158)
I understand, I get that. But, I would enjoy if the Chiefs would just continue curb stomping them. Happy thoughts.

And we will!

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-15-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 14309879)

Exactly. Duhhhh....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14309926)
Boy, if it was ultimately Dorsey who maneuvered the whole thing, that's some serious Michael Corleone level payback.

And that's why I want to destroy him, his QB, and his team.

GloryDayz 06-15-2019 11:03 PM

I guess national and our resident SJWs, and the NFL, have realized that there are no women in Cleveland that he could hit.

suzzer99 06-15-2019 11:06 PM

There's that word again. You just can't help yourself can you?

Flying High D 06-15-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14310195)

Did someone say woo woo?

Reerun_KC 06-15-2019 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14310107)
Replace Hunt/rerun with Mahomes. Suddenly, we cool.

True.

Reerun_KC 06-15-2019 11:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

GloryDayz 06-16-2019 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14310195)

Which word?

Pitt Gorilla 06-16-2019 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14310194)
I guess national and our resident SJWs, and the NFL, have realized that there are no women in Cleveland that he could hit.

Keep your political bullshit out of here.

GloryDayz 06-16-2019 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14310223)
Keep your political bullshit out of here.

I know what triggers you now. LMAO

GloryDayz 06-16-2019 05:59 AM

Well I, for one, am thrilled that Travis is beginning to learn the skill of leadership speak, it might save a few yards this year...

Good on Travis..

chiefzilla1501 06-16-2019 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14310083)

Kind of. If there's any bright side, it's that we may not have kept him after this year anyway. Not sure we'd give that much money to a rb.

rabblerouser 06-16-2019 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14309763)

ROFL
LMAO

Looks like menstrual blood to me.