ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Here's an idea... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268155)

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-29-2012 08:52 PM

Here's an idea...

... that you guys will probably find stupid... but it makes sense to me.

With the NFL being so conscience about preventing injuries, especially head injuries, why don't they blow the whistle as soon as a flag is thrown on an offensive penalty? The play isn't going to stand anyway but it's allowed to continue (in most cases) risking injury for something that doesn't even matter. It's dead. It's over. It's going to be called back no matter what happens so why not end the play as soon as a flag is thrown and cut down on the risk of an injury happening on a non-play? It's seems both logical and responsible to me. If they really care so much about limiting injuries then stop letting people get hit when the play isn't going to count anyway.

Tell me why this would be a bad idea.

In58men 12-29-2012 09:00 PM

What if the pentalies are off set? You can have a offensive and defensive penalty.

DeezNutz 12-29-2012 09:02 PM

In some cases, why do you believe the officials let the play continue? When there cannot be a play, it's immediately blown dead. In other cases, it's not. Why?

You can answer this yourself. And you damn sure know the answer(s) right now.

threebag 12-29-2012 09:04 PM

http://refs.net/wp-content/uploads/2.../referee-2.jpg

GTFO

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-29-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9250202)
What if the pentalies are off set? You can have a offensive and defensive penalty.

That's a valid point. So I guess then the question would become do you punish the offensive team for committing a penalty if that penalty comes first, or do you value the health of the players more. That didn't really come out like I meant but I think you see where I'm going.

Bowser 12-29-2012 09:06 PM

That would make a three hour game five hours long. You start getting into network monies then. Long story short - won't happen, no matter how good the idea seems.

Personally I think the NFL at some point is going to start having rookies sign waivers for future injuries when they come into the league to avoid potential lawsuits. Something that might include a one time payout in the future if such-and-such injuries ever become prevalent to the player.

DeezNutz 12-29-2012 09:07 PM

Offensive pass interference but there is a subsequent pick six. Too bad that shit was blown dead.

Mods, please delete.

milkman 12-29-2012 09:07 PM

What if it's a hold on a passing play, and the QB gets sacked?

cabletech94 12-29-2012 09:07 PM

tdlr;

(or something like that) :)

happy new year, DOC!!!!!

DeezNutz 12-29-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9250228)
What if it's a hold on a passing play, and the QB gets sacked?

Save that QB from injury!

Valiant 12-29-2012 09:08 PM

Personally, I would love to see the NFL go old school.. Leather pads and helmets, it would cut down on injuries and guys using themselves as weapons... It would also speed up the game.. Rugby can still pull it off, I think it would be a good adaption..

Would also make it illegal to use hands to the face on both sides.. No more RBs stiff arming a guy in the face..

Fairplay 12-29-2012 09:08 PM

two hand touch

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-29-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 9250229)
tdlr;

(or something like that) :)

happy new year, DOC!!!!!

You've started your NYE celebration early haven't you... lol.

-King- 12-29-2012 09:11 PM

Because not all penalties are accepted.

cabletech94 12-29-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9250238)
You've started your NYE celebration early haven't you... lol.

just another life changing event to get ready for (maybe). just another day in the life.

positive thoughts, bitches!!!