ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 4 things... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293940)

Sully 08-15-2015 10:22 PM

4 things...

Chase Daniel is fun to watch. My favorite Tiger ever, and he just makes plays. Not calling for him to start by any means. I just enjoy his success.

Ramik Wilson surprised me tonight. I like him, but thought he had a steep learning curve to contribute. He may not.

Eric Fisher looked good. Other than the one hold, he was flawless.

This one hurts. I don't want to be this guy, and I hope I'm wrong, but...
Dee Ford is a bust.
In the run game, he cannot get off a block to save his life. He's obviously big and strong enough for the position, but he has no power. Just a block magnet.
In the pass game, he's got elite speed, but he can't turn the corner. He gets washed past the Q every time. It's something that can be taught... but he isn't even attempting to get a good lean at this point.

greg63 08-15-2015 10:24 PM

I think Daniels could step right into the starting role without missing a beat.

BigChiefFan 08-15-2015 10:26 PM

That's all we can ask, is that some of the players are trending upward. No way will all players improve.

TEX 08-15-2015 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg63 (Post 11662771)

He's already proved it twice.

KCCHIEFS27 08-15-2015 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 11662794)
He's already proved it twice.

Ohhhhhhhhh snap!

Simply Red 08-15-2015 10:34 PM

I think there may eventually be a true challenger for Alex in Chase McDaniels. He seems he may be every bit as good as he played that last game, last year, was it?

Sully 08-15-2015 10:47 PM

I enjoyed watching Daniel. And I always root for him to succeed.

But let's also be honest. He stared down receivers all night who just happened to come open. While he took advantage, I think his success tonight was more about circumstance than anything.

But it is fun to watch.

jonzie04 08-15-2015 10:50 PM

Didn't get a chance to watch the game last year but I said the same thing last year about Ford lacking a natural "bend". IMO he could be an elite pass rusher if he somehow had the balance and agility to turn the corner. I'm not 100% sure that is something that can be taught though. Sad to hear his run defense is still suspect.

good to hear about Wilson and Fisher.

Did March look any good?

Sully 08-15-2015 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11662828)
Didn't get a chance to watch the game last year but I said the same thing last year about Ford lacking a natural "bend". IMO he could be an elite pass rusher if he somehow had the balance and agility to turn the corner. I'm not 100% sure that is something that can be taught though. Sad to hear his run defense is still suspect.

Did March look any good?

March looked very good. Just small. He moves well. He and Wilson together was a very mobile ILB corps.

thabear04 08-15-2015 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11662828)

Did March look any good?

Yeah March look good he stop a player in the backfield. Remind me of how DJ always blow up the RB for a loss of gain.

jonzie04 08-15-2015 11:05 PM

Nice Nice, i'm excited to see how things end up playing out at that spot. I liked Alexander even more than Wilson after watching their clips after the draft. Sounds like Ole Mauga better get healthy.

KChiefs1 08-15-2015 11:17 PM

Quote:

I have no doubt about that.

KChiefs1 08-15-2015 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 11662825)
I enjoyed watching Daniel. And I always root for him to succeed.

But let's also be honest. He stared down receivers all night who just happened to come open. While he took advantage, I think his success tonight was more about circumstance than anything.

But it is fun to watch.

He needs more game time & he would learn the nuisance of the game.

Sully 08-15-2015 11:20 PM

The nuisance of the game?

aturnis 08-15-2015 11:20 PM

Quote:

Who?