ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Miami's Martin leaves team after 'emotional breakdown' (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278125)

NewChief 11-01-2013 07:12 AM

A coach and I were talking yesterday (he hadn't heard this story), and he played college ball at the UofA. He was telling me about a guy they started callingTNT because he got "blown up" by a defensive back in spectacular fashion once. It evidently started really bugging the guy, so he asked the coach to intervene and make the players stop calling him that... evidently that didn't go so well and the ridicule just got even worse. Boys will be boys, even when they're in their 30s.

patteeu 11-01-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 10142071)
Do we have our first football player that is the ghey?

My first thought when I heard the report was 'roid rage, but your theory is a pretty good one.

ThaVirus 11-01-2013 08:10 AM

I have little respect for people that revel in alienating others and making them feel like shit. Some people are different. Some are so different they come off as "weird".

Let that be that and go on about your business.

CHENZ A! 11-01-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10146290)
I have little respect for people that revel in alienating others and making them feel like shit. Some people are different. Some are so different they come off as "weird".

Agreed.

Strongside 11-01-2013 08:25 AM

Prayers for the food tray.

ILChief 11-01-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10146259)
My first thought when I heard the report was 'roid rage, but your theory is a pretty good one.

Isn't it common knowledge Kerry Rhodes is? NTTAWWT

patteeu 11-01-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 10146344)
Isn't it common knowledge Kerry Rhodes is? NTTAWWT

It's widely believed Rhodes is gay, but he's not on a roster anymore. I don't think Jonathan Martin is the first gay player in the NFL, but the theory that he's gay could explain the hazing that set him off.

hometeam 11-01-2013 08:57 AM

They said that the prank was because he was coughing and shit and when he sat down everyone else got up, evoking the 'don't get me sick' deal.

chiefzilla1501 11-01-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10146213)
A coach and I were talking yesterday (he hadn't heard this story), and he played college ball at the UofA. He was telling me about a guy they started callingTNT because he got "blown up" by a defensive back in spectacular fashion once. It evidently started really bugging the guy, so he asked the coach to intervene and make the players stop calling him that... evidently that didn't go so well and the ridicule just got even worse. Boys will be boys, even when they're in their 30s.

I think there's some truth to it. I also wonder if this would ever happen on a Tom Coughlin or Bill Bellichick run team. Or if Tony Dungy is a guy who could counsel a guy like Martin. A few years ago, I ripped on Romeo because the guy can coach, but he just can't handle people. He wants to be everyone's best friend. Everything I get from Philbin it's that the guy is borderline antisocial. The way Philbin cut Ochocinco on Hard Knocks made everyone cringe -- it wasn't mean, it was just really awkward. But there's other symptoms too. He's known for giving really awkward press conferences and being closed off to the media. And his team has a history of throwing coaches under the bus, which is where a guy like him has to put his foot down.

I feel like the psychology aspect of coaching is so underrated. I know guys like Belcher and Martin are unstable and maybe were doomed no matter what. But it's fair to ask if either Romeo or Philbin are the right guys to identify the problem, and fix it. I don't know. I just feel like there are lots of coaches in the NFL that would never, ever stand for this kind of locker room behavior.

vailpass 11-01-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10146290)

True. But I'm not going to sit next to you. :p

Sure-Oz 11-01-2013 05:33 PM

Jonathan Martin - T - Dolphins

FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports Dolphins RT Jonathan Martin's (illness) absence is considered "indefinite."
He'll be placed on the reserve/non-football illness list shortly. It's believed LG Richie Incognito -- one of the heads of the Dolphins' team leadership council -- was at the forefront of the "bullying" that led to Martin's mental meltdown. The Fins will move forward with Tyson Clabo at right tackle.

Figures it was Incognito...heard that guy is an epic douchebag.

scho63 11-01-2013 07:34 PM

Jonathan Martin, this song's for you!

o:-)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Q0tQPodGgeM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sassy Squatch 11-01-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10147690)
Jonathan Martin - T - Dolphins

FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports Dolphins RT Jonathan Martin's (illness) absence is considered "indefinite."
He'll be placed on the reserve/non-football illness list shortly. It's believed LG Richie Incognito -- one of the heads of the Dolphins' team leadership council -- was at the forefront of the "bullying" that led to Martin's mental meltdown. The Fins will move forward with Tyson Clabo at right tackle.

Figures it was Incognito...heard that guy is an epic douchebag.

Wow. Incognito sounds like a bundle of sticks.

Sure-Oz 11-02-2013 08:13 AM

http://deadspin.com/report-richie-in...ium=socialflow more on incognito...making fun of egnews fiance

jspchief 11-02-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 10147984)
Wow. Incognito sounds like a bundle of sticks.

It's been pretty obvious that he is human garbage since college.