ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Cowher: Zorn has lost his dignity, credibility (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=217011)

T-post Tom 10-26-2009 11:22 AM

Cowher: Zorn has lost his dignity, credibility

Cowher: Zorn has lost his dignity, credibility
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 26, 2009 1:04 PM ET

As Washington Redskins coach Jim Zorn prepares to lead his team onto the field against the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday Night Football, he has lost the ability to call the offensive plays.

According to former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher, Zorn has lost a lot more than that.

"He lost his dignity and he lost his credibility," Cowher said of Zorn on CBS, per Neil Best of Newsday. "To me, he lost his ability to be a head coach and lead this football team. He's nothing more than a figure head right now."

Those are strong words from a former coach about the status of a current coach, but they're more than just that: They're also a reminder that if Cowher is ever going to come back to coaching, he's only going to do it if he's certain that he's running the show.

During the Sunday Night Football Live Chat, Mike Florio fielded a couple of questions about whether Cowher might be the coach of the Carolina Panthers next year, and he said it makes sense -- if the Panthers will give him full control. Cowher wouldn't want to return to coaching unless he had control over everything. And a coach who doesn't even have control over his team's playcalling? That's a coach, in Cowher's view, who has no credibility.

wild1 10-26-2009 12:26 PM

more Florio saying what he thinks "makes sense" without any basis. soon to be reported as 'rumor'

CoMoChief 10-26-2009 12:44 PM

Cowher must have gotten a job offer from Snyder not too long ago.......:)

jk

Bane 10-26-2009 01:39 PM

I can't see Cowher ever working for a dick like Daniel Snyder.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts 10-26-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 6208492)
Cowher must have gotten a job offer from Snyder not too long ago.......:)

jk

You might be, but I'm not. Bill Cowher will be the next coach of the Washington Redskins. Print Em.

Frazod 10-26-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bane_58 (Post 6208745)
I can't see Cowher ever working for a dick like Daniel Snyder.
Posted via Mobile Device

This.

Mr. Laz 10-26-2009 02:01 PM

Cowher really can't take a job with Washington now ... it will look like a conflict of interest and he will take a big,big hit.

actually i wouldn't be surprised to see Cowher never coach again. he's got a cushie t.v. gig now.

Bane 10-26-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 6208846)
Cowher really can't take a job with Washington now ... it will look like a conflict of interest and he will take a big,big hit.

actually i wouldn't be surprised to see Cowher never coach again. he's got a cushie t.v. gig now.

And he went out big and with a bang.....Id hate to see him come back and take an ass whooping with a shitty team.

BigMeatballDave 10-26-2009 02:05 PM

My prediction on Cowher is if he comes back to a shit organization, he will fail. I attribute most of the Steelers success to their front office. Very solid.

Reerun_KC 10-26-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6208830)
You might be, but I'm not. Bill Cowher will be the next coach of the Washington Redskins. Print Em.

Good as long as he is not in KC with that ****ed up face... let the skins have him...