ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

Pasta Little Brioni 01-02-2013 05:49 PM

Varys probably wasn't even allowed to talk. Probably had a ball and gag in his mouth wearing a gimp outfit for the interview.

YayMike 01-02-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9269990)
Pioli doesn't run, or isn't hired to run the business side. Thats Mark Donovan, who's pretty good at his job.

I was just speculating, I'm just saying, its Clark's money not mine. If he doesnt want to fire him to essentially pay him a ton of money to work for someone else, that's fine by me. Let him find him something else to do as long as it isnt football related, I dont care. He has been stripped of his power as far as we can tell and that's the BIGGEST win for me. Just hire a coach that has full power to make the decisions.

The Franchise 01-02-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9270018)
After getting neutered and publicly humiliated, I'm confident Pioli will have the Chiefs best interest when handling the business side.

He's still under contract. Doing something to sabotage the Chiefs organization could be viewed as a fireable offense and possibly void his contract.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-02-2013 05:50 PM

Bill Maas says Pioli was DEFINITELY in Philly today. D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y-!

Red Dawg 01-02-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9269875)
That is true Messier... Pioli still may end being here but he won't control everything. The new HC will answer to Clark Hunt... not Scott Pioli or whomever is the GM. Equal footing working hand and hand. In the end it will be the HC making the call on personnel it seems.

That is bs. How long with that last when clark lives in texas. Pioli owns clark. Clark will do whatever scott wants. Coach having the word on players my ass. Pioli has the contract power and fa power. He will fugg us for many years.

BigRedChief 01-02-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9270003)
And yet we have SEVERAL reports, some as late as today, that Pioli was running ALL KINDS of things on the business side.

As long as he stays on the business side and has no input on the football side. I may be able to live with that. I can't name one business person on the Chiefs ever.

ChiefMojo 01-02-2013 05:50 PM

It is 5:50 PM central time now, 4:00 PM eastern time could make sense. If they had already wrapped up the interview that meant Reid left the interview around 5:00 PM central range. So Mort's report could be accurate in saying he left at 4:00 PM eastern.

bowener 01-02-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishop_74 (Post 9270010)
Jeff Skversky ‏@JeffSkversky

Andy Reid Just wrapped up a near 9 hour interview with Kansas City Chiefs CEO Clark Hunt & GM Scott Pioli today in Philly

Who is Jeff Skversky?

9 hours? That is probably good, right? I wonder how many finger sandwiches Reid ate...

KCUnited 01-02-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9270032)
He's still under contract. Doing something to sabotage the Chiefs organization could be viewed as a fireable offense and possibly void his contract.

Or Clark could just fire him before he does any more harm to the organization. Obviously, Clark values his input in these interviews or he wouldn't be bringing him along.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9270023)
Not sure how to interpret this

Are you now saying he did some of the things in NE?

No.

I'm saying that a certain group of people here (not specifically you) are all up in arms about Pioli remaining in the same capacity he had in New England because he's gonna "screw it up" yet they've spent the last 4 years saying Pioli had NOTHING to do with the success in New England, "it was all BB".

The two cannot be simultaneously true.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-02-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9270033)
Bill Maas says Pioli was DEFINITELY in Philly today. D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y-!

Why did Mass wait till Howard reported this? Just Piggybacking off Howard.

Monty 01-02-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 9270030)
I was just speculating, I'm just saying, its Clark's money not mine. If he doesnt want to fire him to essentially pay him a ton of money to work for someone else, that's fine by me. Let him find him something else to do as long as it isnt football related, I dont care.

Exactly. The grass around our tailgating spot needs mowed, get on it!

Oh, and pick up the trash around the site while you're at it. :D

Pasta Little Brioni 01-02-2013 05:52 PM

Stanzi was tasked in ordering and delivering the largest cheese steak in the city to the interview.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9270032)

Which means no buyout.

-King- 01-02-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9270038)
9 hours? That is probably good, right? I wonder how many finger sandwiches Reid ate...

You think Clark wasn't prepared? He brought 2 jets to Philly. One for him and the other execs. The other filled with Gates, Oklahoma Joes, and Jack Stack bbq.