ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Illinois thrashing Wake Forest (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105541)

Lzen 12-01-2004 07:29 PM

Illinois thrashing Wake Forest

FYI on ESPN. Illini up 76-49 with 9 minutes to go.

ChiefsCountry 12-01-2004 07:32 PM

Good screw the ACC and East Coast ESPN loving schools.

HolmeZz 12-01-2004 07:34 PM

Gonna be funny when Illinois leapfrogs Kansas to get to the top spot. :p

ChiefsCountry 12-01-2004 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz

Try being a Mizzou fan and hating both of them.

Brando 12-01-2004 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry
Good screw the ACC and East Coast ESPN loving schools.

Yes, screw the ACC but don't damn the whole east coast.

Lzen 12-01-2004 07:49 PM

Quote:

Naw, that shouldn't happen. KU has just thrashed 2 teams that were NCAA tourney participants last year. Not that early season rankings mean a whole lot. But I just don't see KU as anything but #1 right now.

HolmeZz 12-01-2004 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
Naw, that shouldn't happen. KU has just thrashed 2 teams that were NCAA tourney participants last year. Not that early season rankings mean a whole lot.

Yeah, last year's pretty key. You don't get credit for beating St. Joe's and Nevada in your home building when they aren't one tenth the team they were the year before. Illinois'll take the top spot, and rightfully so. Especially since they just came off demolishing a top 25 Gonzaga team the other day, who's miles better than St. Joe's or Nevada.

Lzen 12-01-2004 07:54 PM

Quote:

Yeah, last year's pretty key. You don't get credit for beating St. Joe's and Nevada in your home building when they aren't one tenth the team they were the year before. Illinois'll take the top spot.

Yeah, I'm sure that will play a part in the voting. But we'll see if it's enough. Like I said before, I don't care if they're 1 or 2 at this point. And frankly, you saying they aren't one tenth of what they were last year shows your ignorance. Sure, they are lesser teams but not that much.

Brando 12-01-2004 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
Yeah, I'm sure that will play a part in the voting. But we'll see if it's enough. Like I said before, I don't care if they're 1 or 2 at this point.

It appears that Wake the #1 laid a #2 tonight :D

tk13 12-01-2004 07:57 PM

Illinois is going to be a force, I love Williams and Brown, maybe the best 1-2 guard combo in the nation. They could ride those two guys all the way to a title....

teedubya 12-01-2004 07:58 PM

i fully expect the #3 team who beats the shit out of the #1 team to then become #1... KU stays at #2... Wake Bumps down to about 5-6

the Talking Can 12-01-2004 08:01 PM

I like watching Self's recruits dominate.

Next year: Chalmers, Downs, Wright, RR.....oh yeah

ROYC75 12-01-2004 08:26 PM

Illinois is going to be very tuff this year.

I hope they are # 1, I don't want it this early in the year.

Saulbadguy 12-01-2004 08:27 PM

There is no doubt Illinois will get #1. They just owned the #1 team in the country.

DJay23 12-01-2004 08:37 PM

It was those other four players for Wake Forest that made them lose. If they would just let Chris Paul take on everyone by himself, he could be the number one team in the country. :rolleyes:

I agree, Illinois deserves the number one slot for now. They'll lose to someone piddly later though, as I'm sure KU, Wake, Syracuse, Duke, etc (See UNC) will. The conference season is especially tough to go through without the occasional lapse in focus.

This was a typical home game against a highly ranked opponent where you blow your wad. They are no doubt very good, and I think any team in the top ten has just as good a chance at the title. There is not one dominant team.