ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Moulds to Bills: Release Me -- Chiefs to Moulds: Come here (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137276)

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 03-13-2006 11:10 PM

Moulds to Bills: Release Me -- Chiefs to Moulds: Come here

Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds asked for his relase. Considering his cap value is something like $10.8 million he'll probably get his wish. Look for the Chiefs to make a run at him thus causing Eddie Kennison to whine, piss and moan.

hypersensitiveZO6 03-13-2006 11:11 PM

no

Miles 03-13-2006 11:17 PM

He would be a hell of an addition but I don't see us making a run at him.

Dunit35 03-13-2006 11:18 PM

He will be costly. Too costly for us.

CoMoChief 03-13-2006 11:26 PM

Kennison produced more than he did last season. Bring in TO, if the price is right. That wont happen though.

Johnson&Johnson 03-13-2006 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPimpDude
Kennison produced more than he did last season. Bring in TO, if the price is right. That wont happen though.

No kidding. TO regardless of his off the field crap. He is worth the trouble and the salary.

Moulds on the other hand is.... ewwwww.... What has he done for the lowly Bills the past 3 seasons? Him being the #1 receiver and all in Buffalo the last 3 years..he seem to be lost.

Simple math:
TO = NFL elite WR, Superbowl, double team required on defense
Moulds = mediocre, playoffs??, lost a step, gain too many LBS

If we want mediocre, we dont need Moulds, Kennison, Parker is a hair or two better than mediocre.

SLAG 03-13-2006 11:52 PM

So now we are getting Moulds, TO, Law, and signing 3 Of our Rookies to start this year.

Right after we had to get under the cap

:hmmm:

Miles 03-14-2006 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson&Johnson
No kidding. TO regardless of his off the field crap. He is worth the trouble and the salary.

Moulds on the other hand is.... ewwwww.... What has he done for the lowly Bills the past 3 seasons? Him being the #1 receiver and all in Buffalo the last 3 years..he seem to be lost.

Simple math:
TO = NFL elite WR, Superbowl, double team required on defense
Moulds = mediocre, playoffs??, lost a step, gain too many LBS

If we want mediocre, we dont need Moulds, Kennison, Parker is a hair or two better than mediocre.

Moulds hasn't exactly been in anything that resembles a good offense over the past three seasons. He also finished last season pretty strong.

greg63 03-14-2006 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02
So now we are getting Moulds, TO, Law, and signing 3 Of our Rookies to start this year.

Right after we had to get under the cap

:hmmm:

...And without restructuring Rich Scanlon's multi million dollar contract. :D

banyon 03-14-2006 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles
Moulds hasn't exactly been in anything that resembles a good offense over the past three seasons. He also finished last season pretty strong.

I agree. It's good to have a solid possession guy to go with our speed guys (Kennison and Parker).

Johnson&Johnson 03-14-2006 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles

Define a good offense.

Great receivers excel even in the poorest of offensive teams. To name a few of my head:
2005 example - Cardinals (Fitzgerald and Boldin)
2004-05 - 49ers (Brandon Lloyd)
Those crappy Chargers in the 90's (Anthony Miller)
Crappy Rams in the late 80's/ early 90's (Henry Ellard)

Remember, I am not saying that Moulds is a lousy WR. Mould WAS productive at one point, just that he is not the threat anymore.

Johnson&Johnson 03-14-2006 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Miles

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon
I agree. It's good to have a solid possession guy to go with our speed guys (Kennison and Parker).

I understand that Moulds could be a good possession receiver..the problem is...we're not paying him #1 WR $$$$$$ money for someone to come in here and be a possession receiver...

Reason he wants to leave Buffalo is because he won't restructure his contract, this guy wants MONEY... we be better spending our dollars wisely...certainly not for a possession receiver. :rolleyes:

banyon 03-14-2006 12:26 AM

Quote:

I understand that Moulds could be a good possession receiver..the problem is...we're not paying him #1 WR $$$$$$ money for someone to come in here and be a possession receiver...

Reason he wants to leave Buffalo is because he won't restructure his contract, this guy wants MONEY... we be better spending our dollars wisely...certainly not for a possession receiver. :rolleyes:

you're right , I only want him on the cheap. His price might come down a bit if no one else takes the bait.

007 03-14-2006 12:32 AM

If it is between TO and Moulds... I will take TO, especially if Moulds is expecting #1 money.

Miles 03-14-2006 12:42 AM

Quote:

Define a good offense.

Great receivers excel even in the poorest of offensive teams. To name a few of my head:
2005 example - Cardinals (Fitzgerald and Boldin)
2004-05 - 49ers (Brandon Lloyd)
Those crappy Chargers in the 90's (Anthony Miller)
Crappy Rams in the late 80's/ early 90's (Henry Ellard)

Remember, I am not saying that Moulds is a lousy WR. Mould WAS productive at one point, just that he is not the threat anymore.

I easly thought from your earlier post that you didnt think Moulds was no longer any good. You are right that he his no longer an elite WR anymore but I think he will be pretty productive for the next year or two at least. The Bills have had huge OL problems over the past two seasons which is why Moulds has a lot of receptions but not that solid of yards.