ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football A Browns fan is staying at the house (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264616)

Amnorix 10-03-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holladay (Post 8973244)
So, admittedly, I don't know much about the Browns and their history. When was their last playoff win? Have they won a Superbowl? Who are some of their better players in history? In the last 10 years, has their suckage been as bad as ours?

In order, and off the top of my head so don't hold it against me...

Last playoff win is probably 1994 against the Patriots. Belichick beats his old mentor Parcells. In 1995 the season falls apart when, after the third or fourth game, owner Art Modell announces the team is moving to Baltimore. In 1996, after BB is fired and using a pick he had got when he did his patented trading down, the Ravens pick Ray Lewis, then go on to win the Super Bowl in 2000. Then the Pats (with the Browns' old coach) win 3 out of 4.

So basically imagine this:

Hunt says he's moving the team to Los Angeles, then fires Romeo.

In 2013, using a pick that the 2012 Chiefs used when still in KC, draft possibly the best linebacker ever. In 2016 they win the Super Bowl.

Meanwhile, Romeo Crennel, now HC of a different team, wins 3 out of 4 Super Bowls in another city.

Oh, and 15 years later (2027) you still haven't been to the playoffs, Crennel is commonly regarded as the best HC in football, if not the best ever, and is ALWAYS in the playoffs.

THAT is what it means to be a Browns fan...

(side note: I always used to laugh at die-hard Red Sox fans over the misery and woe. They don't know misery. Look at the Chicago Cubs you self-centered bastards. Not only no WS in a longer period of time, but a helluva lot less talent and playoff/WS appearances).

Browns never won a SB. Never even BEEN to the SB I don't believe. The Browns were THE dominant NFL team in the 50s and into the early 60s, with guys like Otto Graham (50s) and Jim Brown (60s). Head coach was Paul Brown (who the team was named after), who was probably THE best HC in football history (college and pro, he dominated). (side note: Art Modell FIRED both Paul Brown and Bill Belichick, both of whom would probably make the top 10, if not top 5, all time best HC list of just about anybody).

Molitoth 10-03-2012 12:34 PM

For some stupid reason, if the Chiefs moved to LA... I would still follow them.

I wonder how many Browns fans became Ravens fans.
It sure would have paid off.

Amnorix 10-03-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8973345)
Cleveland 95 airs tonight on NFL Network!

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...-cleveland-95/

Bill Belichick’s final season with the Browns will be documented tonight at 8 on NFL Network’s “Cleveland ‘95″ documentary.

Here are some Patriots-related snippets:

Belichick: “We wanted a tough, hard-nosed, blue-collar football team. That’s what Cleveland is and that’s what we wanted our football team to be.”

Belichick: “I felt bad for that team, the players and the coaches that were working so hard with less than no support. The owner was nowhere to be found; he was in Baltimore. It kind of felt like you were on a deserted island fending for yourself.”

Belichick: “We got better every year, our program improved every year. I wish that it would have turned out a bit differently, but we tried to do what we could and the best that we could for ourselves, for the team and for the city of Cleveland. I have no regrets about that.”

Eric Mangini: “There was that sense of we had turned the corner. All of that time, all of that work, all of that effort — we were poised to make that next jump.”

Scott Pioli: “Those years in Cleveland, those teams, those people impacted the NFL. It impacted a lot of football.”

Ozzie Newsome: “When I won in 2000 (with the Ravens), I owe a lot of that to Bill Belichick.”

The members of the Front office and some of the coaches of those Browns teams was just a crazy list of future success in the NFL and/or college:

Belichick
Nick Saban
Ozzie Newsome
Pat Hill
Kirk Ferentz

Assistants: Jim Schwartz (HC - Detroit Lions) and Eric Mangini (no introduction necessary)

Holladay 10-03-2012 12:40 PM

Thank you Amnorix. Detailed as always. I'll share your analogy with her tonight.

Wup, better not. Might make her cry. You bout made me too.

R8RFAN 10-03-2012 12:41 PM

Tell her that you thought Brian Sipe was good

Bump 10-03-2012 12:41 PM

instead of explaining how amazed you are that you found a browns fan in your home. You should be asking the best way to approach the possibility of a Ménage à trois

The Franchise 10-03-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holladay (Post 8973394)
I was grinning at all the piihb quips and thread sucks without pics.

Like I said, best light that I saw her was fire light and 60. I guess she'd be ok if you like grandma.

If you REALLY want, guess I could get a pic.

Post it. Omaha likes those types.

Deberg_1990 10-03-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8973479)
The members of the Front office and some of the coaches of those Browns teams was just a crazy list of future success in the NFL and/or college:

Belichick
Nick Saban
Ozzie Newsome
Pat Hill
Kirk Ferentz

Assistants: Jim Schwartz (HC - Detroit Lions) and Eric Mangini (no introduction necessary)

Dont forget our very own Scott Pioli was there as well!

Phobia 10-03-2012 12:53 PM

Yeah - go ahead and post some pictures. See if you can get her in the shower or something.

R8RFAN 10-03-2012 12:55 PM

We will play the guess her muff game

Otter 10-03-2012 12:58 PM

You guys should get drunk and cry on each others shoulder.

Bump 10-03-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 8973563)
You guys should get drunk and cry on each others shoulder.

yes, get her emotional. That often leads to sex.

Amnorix 10-03-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8973537)
Dont forget our very own Scott Pioli was there as well!

I intentionally omitted him as I figured the consensus on here would be that he dragged down the impressiveness of the list. :D

Otter 10-03-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8973565)
yes, get her emotional. That often leads to sex.

I was just referring to Chiefs fan and Browns fan sharing pain but I like your style. Can we raise the stakes to a threesome after a couple drinks?

R8RFAN 10-03-2012 01:02 PM

Let her put on a strap on and drive you up like a cow stob