ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Even after his last two seasons, would you still trade Alex Smith for Phillip Rivers? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274905)

BigCatDaddy 12-13-2013 09:34 AM

Anybody want to change their mind?

Eleazar 12-13-2013 09:48 AM

There's not much difference, IMO.

BigCatDaddy 12-13-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10274132)
There's not much difference, IMO.

Rivers 70% 4048 yds 28 TD 9 INT's 106.9QBR Wins on the road at 11-3 Denver and 10-3 KC

Smith 60% 2873 yds 18 TD 6INt's 85.5 QBR Wins at Phili and at Tennessee (Has 1 less game)

I see a little bit of difference and Rivers supporting cast is similar if not inferior to KC's.

Sandy Vagina 12-13-2013 10:08 AM

I can easily say that I was ripping on Rivers for his previous two seasons. His turnovers were Geno-esque... but wow... he has been very impressive this season. I hate that, because he is not a Chief/49er nor does he strike me as a classy player.

Would I take him over Alex right now? No. Simply on team consistency/familiarity alone. That, and I still don't think Rivers offers more than Smith does. If Rivers really is more accurate or field aware? I expect that to be far more even as KC progresses... plus, Alex has far more mobility.

GoChargers 12-13-2013 10:11 AM

I've doubted Rivers, but it seems like he's simply back to being elite. Rivers >>>>>>>>>>>> Alice.

BigCatDaddy 12-13-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10274188)
I can easily say that I was ripping on Rivers for his previous two seasons. His turnovers were Geno-esque... but wow... he has been very impressive this season. I hate that, because he is not a Chief/49er nor does he strike me as a classy player.

Would I take him over Alex right now? No. Simply on team consistency/familiarity alone. That, and I still don't think Rivers offers more than Smith does. If Rivers really is more accurate or field aware? I expect that to be far more even as KC progresses... plus, Alex has far more mobility.

The resurgance is interesting because the only significant change has been McCoy. I think he's as great guy off the field, but comes across as a Mannish baby on the field, but I'll still take either guy over what he have and have had since TG. Rivers was even out before the game in KC in shorts when it was cold as shit. I think he's a leader and pretty tough dude, but yeah the last 2 years were puzzling based on the rest of his career.

jspchief 12-13-2013 10:13 AM

Hate Rivers. Would hate to have to root for him.

I'll acknowledge his physical talent, and he has some swagger, but he's just not mentally tough. I would have to rate him above Smith. He's in that "top ten but never going to be top 5" group for me.

BigCatDaddy 12-13-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10274204)
Hate Rivers. Would hate to have to root for him.

I'll acknowledge his physical talent, and he has some swagger, but he's just not mentally tough. I would have to rate him above Smith. He's in that "top ten but never going to be top 5" group for me.

Yeah, he needs to win a SB or he's sort of a not so poor mans Dan Marino.

jspchief 12-13-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10274212)
Yeah, he needs to win a SB or he's sort of a not so poor mans Dan Marino.

He's not even in the conversation with Marino. He's Jay Cutler

BigCatDaddy 12-13-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10274236)
He's not even in the conversation with Marino. He's Jay Cutler

I think he's much better than Cutler. Can you imagine Rivers with Marshall, Jeffrey, and Forte? They might be as good on offense as the Donks.

I meant guy that racks up big stats without a SB. No he's not Marino which is why I said "Not so poor mans". He's a step up from a poor man's whatever the hell that is :D

Marcellus 12-13-2013 10:42 AM

There are a few players in the NFL I wouldn't want on my team regardless of how good they are. Rivers is one of them.

I just cant stand that guy.

If I am going to simply dream about having an elite QB I may as well pick one I like anyway.

**** him.

warrior 12-13-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10274262)
There are a few players in the NFL I wouldn't want on my team regardless of how good they are. Rivers is one of them.

I just cant stand that guy.

If I am going to simply dream about having an elite QB I may as well pick one I like anyway.

**** him.

Alex is growing on me he's done pretty good last few games he's the Chiefs QB get him some decent weapons and who knows.

BigCatDaddy 12-13-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior (Post 10274279)
Alex is growing on me he's done pretty good last few games he's the Chiefs QB get him some decent weapons and who knows.

I agree with you on this, but I think Rivers is still a step up in class from Alex.