ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Why Jim Harbaugh is awesome... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266878)

DaWolf 11-20-2012 12:59 PM

Why Jim Harbaugh is awesome...

When's the last time we heard anything like this in KC?

Quote:

Jim Harbaugh hinted at a possible quarterback change for the San Francisco 49ers following Colin Kaepernick's impressive performance Monday night against the Chicago Bears.

Kaepernick, who replaced the injured Alex Smith, was outstanding his his first career start, prompting Harbaugh to say that the Niners would "go with the hot hand" next Sunday against the New Orleans Saints.

"I usually tend to go with the guy that has the hot hand and we have two quarterbacks that have a hot hand," Harbaugh said after Monday's 32-7 victory. "So I thought Colin did an outstanding job. I thought he did a great job, poised in the pocket pushing the ball throwing with accuracy, did a nice job running the game plan. Everything he did was exemplary and really acquitted himself great, very proud of him for that."

Kaepernick, who had played sparingly since being drafted in the second round last year, completed 16 of 23 passes for 243 yards and two touchdowns against Chicago's vaunted defense.

"It's everything I could've ever wished for," Kaepernick said. "It feels great just to be out there."

Harbaugh acknowledged he was "impressed" with Kaepernick and dismissed the notion that Smith shouldn't lose his starting job because of an injury.

"We'll make that determination as we go, but there's no rule," Harbaugh said.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/86...lin-kaepernick

Hammock Parties 11-20-2012 01:01 PM

KaepernickNextBrady

The Franchise 11-20-2012 01:01 PM

I'll give him half credit. Everyone in SF knew that Smith wasn't their future. It took a Smith concussion to get Kap on the field.

DaWolf 11-20-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9136690)
I'll give him half credit. Everyone in SF knew that Smith wasn't their future. It took a Smith concussion to get Kap on the field.

The thing I'm looking at is Harbaugh is pushing both guys to be even better with comments like this. Contrast that with Romeo's "I don't want the guy looking over his shoulder and worrying about being yanked" comments. Harbaugh is basically saying here is what we are going to do, and both QB's better be mentally tough enough to handle it...

ModSocks 11-20-2012 01:07 PM

To be fair, it kinda helps the decision making process when you have a QB come out and play very well.

RaC gets to choose between brown shit and green shit.

Rain Man 11-20-2012 01:09 PM

To be fair, we haven't had a quarterback with a hot hand since Trent Green.

Rausch 11-20-2012 01:10 PM

Reasons why you should get teh herpes is threads like this.

HE IS THE ENGINEER OF PERHAPS THE GREATEST FAILURE IN CHIEFS PLAYOFF HISTORY!

**** him.

Ass cancer.

Hope he dies alone in pain...

Ace Gunner 11-20-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9136690)

so, what do you give him half credit for? I like CK and his performance last night was brilliant, but it's one game. AS is the guy with the big contract, all JH said imo is that as soon as AS is healthy, he's going to start.

RunKC 11-20-2012 01:22 PM

Harbaugh drafted the kid really high for a reason.

I don't think Kaepernick is that great though. He's surrounded by immense talent and has great coaching.

I wanna see him do this for a longer period of time before I validate him. Cassel, Sanchez and Flynn looked good in great situations as well. Look at them now.

Rausch 11-20-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9136744)
Harbaugh

SHOULD DIE IN PAINFUL FIRE FOR 95 AND SHOULD BE REBORN SO HE COULD DIE IN FIRE AGAIN!

scho63 11-20-2012 01:27 PM

Romeo Crenel: "We have two guys that are identical, they both suck. I'm trying to figure out which cold hand and least turnover POS I go with. It's a great place to be in as a coach. I have two equal choices."

DaWolf 11-20-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9136710)
Reasons why you should get teh herpes is threads like this.

HE IS THE ENGINEER OF PERHAPS THE GREATEST FAILURE IN CHIEFS PLAYOFF HISTORY!

**** him.

Ass cancer.

Hope he dies alone in pain...

C'mon, we held him to 10 points. The engineer of that fail was the kicker who shall not be named and Bono...

saphojunkie 11-20-2012 02:20 PM

Harbaugh is screwing this up. Alex Smith gives them the best chance to win deep into the playoffs. But that would screw up them being able to supplant him with Kaepernick, so they're going to sacrifice this postseason for their future. I think it's a mistake.

DJ's left nut 11-20-2012 02:22 PM

I still don't see why there's a rush to replace Alex Smith.

He's looked really good since Harbaugh came and his 'struggle's were overblown even under Singletary.

Alex Smith is a decent quarterback.

Chief Henry 11-20-2012 02:22 PM

Who had the hot hand, Grbac or Gannon ?