ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Chiefscafan's mock draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272357)

chiefscafan 04-22-2013 10:24 AM

Chiefscafan's mock draft

Ok I'm gonna attempt my first mock draft. I personally would take geno but based on moves we already made I'll make it more realistic. I also do the trade for Albert but I play chicken with Miami and end up calling thier bluff and get the high second. I would also try to trade down but with no trades like that available here is my stab at it.

Round one (1): OT Eric Fisher Central Michigan

Analysis: He has a mean streak I don't see in Jokel. He doesn't just push pass rusher around QB, He drives them into the ground I want that kind of nastiness on the line.

Round two (42): WR Robert Woods USC

Analysis: Overshadowed by WR Marquis Lee won't be drafted as high as he should be. The man catches everything hard worker who will be great compliment to Bowe.

Round three (63): ILB John Bostic Florida

Analysis: As has been said by numerous people on here brings athlectiscm and a hard hitting attitude to this D. He is also a playmaker and man can he hit. We need this on the D. A pick like this can take this D from very good to elite.

Round three (96): OT/OG/OC Barrett Jones Alabama

Analysis: Doubt he's still here by this pick but because of concerns he might start year on IR could allow him to fall to here. I say we still take him. He Will miss first couple of weeks but toward the end hell be ready. The man has versatility can play anywhere. One less roster spot for The line. I love him he's nasty and very good at what he does.

Round four (99): FS TJ McDonald USC

Analysis: This allows Eric Berry to stay at his natural SS position. Good genes his dad Tim McDonald played in the league for ten plus years. Gets hurt by deep safety draft but he is a diamond playmaker in the rough. This is potentially a ten plus starter as well. Would be a great addition and would allow Berry more freedom.

Round five (134): QB Zac Dysert Miami (OH)

Analysis: Major potential already possesses qualities you can't teach. Footwork and accuracy can be taught and between Reid, Childress, and our OC I think they can develop him.

Round six (170): DE Mike Catapano Princeton

Analysis: This guy has a motor that just doesn't quit will be a great addition to our line. If he went to a bigger college football school he would be a top three round pick but ivy league makes him drop.

Round six (204): WR Connor Vernon Duke

Analysis: Just like woods catches everything. Bowe, Woods, Vernon good receiving core now can anyone throw to them??

Round seven (207): OT Manase Foketi West Texas A & M

Analysis: Ok I know he left KSU under bad circumstances but it doesn't change the fact he is very talented and at this point worth the gamble.

Ok so there you go my first attempt at this.

Direckshun 04-22-2013 10:31 AM

FIRST

(Alright, now off to read it.)

Direckshun 04-22-2013 10:32 AM

Aw, it wasn't fun. :( It's actually pretty reasonable.

RealSNR 04-22-2013 10:35 AM

I like it.

The Franchise 04-22-2013 10:49 AM

If they're absolutely going to take an OT at #1.....I'd rather it be Fisher than Joeckel.

DaKCMan AP 04-22-2013 10:53 AM

Not bad, but I'm skeptical that some of the later guys (rds 4-7) will be there when we pick.

chiefscafan 04-22-2013 10:58 AM

Jones and McDonald I question whether they will be there at those picks but the IR problem Jones might make him fall.

I would be excited with the draft if it fell like this not sure it would.

chiefscafan 04-22-2013 11:00 AM

Me and you pest are on same page trust me I'd draft geno but if we are going o line fisher is the better pick probably means we will draft Jokel :(

Mr_Tomahawk 04-22-2013 11:45 AM

Love it.

MahiMike 04-22-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9613935)
Ok I'm gonna attempt my first mock draft. I personally would take geno but based on moves we already made I'll make it more realistic. I also do the trade for Albert but I play chicken with Miami and end up calling thier bluff and get the high second. I would also try to trade down but with no trades like that available here is my stab at it.

Round one (1): OT Eric Fisher Central Michigan

Analysis: He has a mean streak I don't see in Jokel. He doesn't just push pass rusher around QB, He drives them into the ground I want that kind of nastiness on the line.

Round two (42): WR Robert Woods USC

Analysis: Overshadowed by WR Marquis Lee won't be drafted as high as he should be. The man catches everything hard worker who will be great compliment to Bowe.

Round three (63): ILB John Bostic Florida

Analysis: As has been said by numerous people on here brings athlectiscm and a hard hitting attitude to this D. He is also a playmaker and man can he hit. We need this on the D. A pick like this can take this D from very good to elite.

Round three (96): OT/OG/OC Barrett Jones Alabama

Analysis: Doubt he's still here by this pick but because of concerns he might start year on IR could allow him to fall to here. I say we still take him. He Will miss first couple of weeks but toward the end hell be ready. The man has versatility can play anywhere. One less roster spot for The line. I love him he's nasty and very good at what he does.

Round four (99): FS TJ McDonald USC

Analysis: This allows Eric Berry to stay at his natural SS position. Good genes his dad Tim McDonald played in the league for ten plus years. Gets hurt by deep safety draft but he is a diamond playmaker in the rough. This is potentially a ten plus starter as well. Would be a great addition and would allow Berry more freedom.

Round five (134): QB Zac Dysert Miami (OH)

Analysis: Major potential already possesses qualities you can't teach. Footwork and accuracy can be taught and between Reid, Childress, and our OC I think they can develop him.

Round six (170): DE Mike Catapano Princeton

Analysis: This guy has a motor that just doesn't quit will be a great addition to our line. If he went to a bigger college football school he would be a top three round pick but ivy league makes him drop.

Round six (204): WR Connor Vernon Duke

Analysis: Just like woods catches everything. Bowe, Woods, Vernon good receiving core now can anyone throw to them??

Round seven (207): OT Manase Foketi West Texas A & M

Analysis: Ok I know he left KSU under bad circumstances but it doesn't change the fact he is very talented and at this point worth the gamble.

Ok so there you go my first attempt at this.

Wow, these are most of the guys I want. Fisher, Woods, Bostic.

tredadda 04-22-2013 06:45 PM

Considering you grasped the reality that we are

1. Not drafting a QB #1

2. All but certainly drafting a LT at #1

This is an amazing mock. If we drafted like this I would be stoked. I am a huge fan of Jones because of the fact you can literally put him ANYWHERE on the line and he should excel (if college performances are a sign) and Woods.

Mav 04-22-2013 07:43 PM

Great and realistic draft. I think you can get Woods too at 54 if thats what it ends up being.......

spanky 52 04-23-2013 05:49 AM

I like the Woods and Catpano picks. Fully expect them to take Joeckel but I like everything I've read about Fisher's attitude and mean streak. If you could work TE Kasa in there somehow that would be great.

warrior 04-23-2013 07:27 AM

Good job don't see how you could get much better than your 1st four picks, we definitely like some of the same guy's.

Direckshun 04-23-2013 08:15 AM

It's entirely reasonable that Woods will be there at 42, for any of you doubting that.