ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Rich Get Rehab, The Poor Go To Jail. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=140398)

CosmicPal 05-07-2006 11:39 AM

The Rich Get Rehab, The Poor Go To Jail.

This makes me sick. For all of you anti-legalization peeps, take cue of this latest news: Limbaugh is again busted for having doctors write him drug prescriptions. This is a felony that scores up to five years in prison. How much custody time did he get: An hour. In a special settlement agreement- Limbaugh doesn't have to do any jail time.

OK folks, lets get this straight: Drug addiction is NOT a crime, it is a health problem. Let's repeat that again: Drug addiction is NOT a crime, it is a health problem. Depending upon the source- it can be a physical addiction or a mental addiction or both. Does it really matter if it's OxyContin or a street drug? Nope. Because when you are talking about peeps who self-abuse, you're talking about BOTH the victim and the perpetrator. It IS a victimless crime.

Limbaugh is no different than any street drug user- they are simply taking their choice of medication. Prison is no substitute for peeps who need medical supervision.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-07-2006 11:41 AM

Hell I've had someone try to sell me oxycontin on the street before (outside of PNC Park in Pittsburgh). Limbaugh is exactly like a street drug user

Sure-Oz 05-07-2006 11:41 AM

There are a ton of druggies, but celebs can afford to pay for that rehab shit and get away with much more cause of their status and $$$, nothing the average joe can do about it.

4th and Long 05-07-2006 11:42 AM

So who do we blame for this? The courts? Society? The current administration?

http://stderr.de/funstuff/presidency...%20dummies.jpg

RedThat 05-07-2006 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal
This makes me sick. For all of you anti-legalization peeps, take cue of this latest news: Limbaugh is again busted for having doctors write him drug prescriptions. This is a felony that scores up to five years in prison. How much custody time did he get: An hour. In a special settlement agreement- Limbaugh doesn't have to do any jail time.

OK folks, lets get this straight: Drug addiction is NOT a crime, it is a health problem. Let's repeat that again: Drug addiction is NOT a crime, it is a health problem. Depending upon the source- it can be a physical addiction or a mental addiction or both. Does it really matter if it's OxyContin or a street drug? Nope. Because when you are talking about peeps who self-abuse, you're talking about BOTH the victim and the perpetrator. It IS a victimless crime.

Limbaugh is no different than any street drug user- they are simply taking their choice of medication. Prison is no substitute for peeps who need medical supervision.

This is another reason why society is so corrupt.

Demonpenz 05-07-2006 11:43 AM

work hard enough to get rich. problem solved

jspchief 05-07-2006 11:52 AM

Welcome to life. It isn't fair.

As you grow into an adult, you may begin to realize that people gain priveledge from all sorts of things. Better looking people get better jobs. People that are good at their jobs get away with more in the workplace than people who aren't. Athletic people get more breaks. Rich people get more breaks. Etc, etc, etc.

The only thing more sad than the unfairness in life is the adults that think life is a pre-school game where everyone gets an equal chance.

beer bacon 05-07-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
work hard enough to get rich. problem solved

No, not really. The problem is still right there. This is a societal problem, not an individual problem. One person getting rich enough to take advantage of a corrupt system does not solve the problem. The rich person is just now in position to exploit the problem rather then being in its path.

beer bacon 05-07-2006 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
Welcome to life. It isn't fair.

As you grow into an adult, you may begin to realize that people gain priveledge from all sorts of things. Better looking people get better jobs. People that are good at their jobs get away with more in the workplace than people who aren't. Athletic people get more breaks. Rich people get more breaks. Etc, etc, etc.

The only thing more sad than the unfairness in life is the adults that think life is a pre-school game where everyone gets an equal chance.

What is even more sad are people that become complacent and do not work to change these things. The great mass of us would still be sitting in hovels scraping for our next meal, which would probably be some sort of rotten vegetable or ground meal, instead of many of us living relatively comfortable and rewarding lives.

jspchief 05-07-2006 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon
What is even more sad are people that become complacent and do not work to change these things. The great mass of us would still be sitting in hovels scraping for our next meal, which would probably be some sort of rotten vegetable or ground meal, instead of many of us living relatively comfortable and rewarding lives.

Why would I want to change things? I like it how it is. It's natural selection at it's finest.

I don't care if deadbeats get the short end of the stick.

MahiMike 05-07-2006 12:26 PM

I can think of no other person in our society that I would rather see pulled behind a horse over cactus than Rush Limbaugh.

Simplex3 05-07-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal

Let's not forget the latest Kennedy, scores of Hollyweird elite, etc etc.

Halfcan 05-07-2006 12:31 PM

You can voice your opinion by never listening to the fat fuck. If everyone boycotted this pill, popper, he would eventually fade away.

Simplex3 05-07-2006 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan
You can voice your opinion by never listening to the fat fuck. If everyone boycotted this pill, popper, he would eventually fade away.

The question is WHY do you listen/boycott. If you listen for entertainment then why do you care if he's popping pills? If you're so anti-drug that you would stop listening because of his pill popping I can assume you've never been drunk or smoked. I can also assume you refuse to speak to anyone, friends included, who have ever been drunk.

I don't listen to the guy. I don't have time in my life to listen to three hours of what morons did in DC. I know they did something stupid and criminal, it's what they do. I hardly need Limbaugh to tell me that.

Lonewolf Ed 05-07-2006 12:36 PM

[QUOTE=CosmicPal]This makes me sick. For all of you anti-legalization peeps, take cue of this latest news: Limbaugh is again busted for having doctors write him drug prescriptions.

No, he was not busted again. It's the same ongoing case.