ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger: Enough’s enough: Clark Hunt must make major changes now (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264469)

ChiefsCountry 09-30-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8965875)
You know he would not have had that kind of success here.

Same type of team he had success with in New York, is in place here. Strong running game and nice set of receivers. He could have developed nicely here, as we had no need to rush him as a n00b either - Huard or Croyle could have took the lumps the first year and eased his way into the lineup late in 2009 when the schedule became easy. Not to mention no Tyson Jackson, Matt Cassel or Mike Vrabel and we could have had Patrick Chung/James Laurintaus/etc. All would have been better than the cluster**** we ended up with in 2009.

Munson 09-30-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8965842)
Big Sexy chimes in.

@WhitlockJason

Egoli whiffs: Cassel, Tyson Jackson, Haley and maybe Romeo, Poe and Berry. Do you let Egoli pick next QB?

Under no circumstances should Peeholi be allowed to draft another player for this franchise, especially a potential franchise QB.

I don't think Clark has the balls to fire him mid-season. We'll have to wait til the end of the season to ship his ass out of town.

headsnap 09-30-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8965905)
Charles can't do it all by himself. It's a team game.

fyp

a shitty QB can definitely suck the life out of a team...

Oh Snap 09-30-2012 11:54 PM

Pioli can't hear you from the sounds of having the number one offense in the NFL.

Oh, and Cassel has more yards through four games than...any other chiefs QB...he also has 10 turnovers and is completing less than 60% of his passes. Oh, and he has 4 or 5 TDs to go with his turnovers...(one of those TD's went to the chargers defense)

FAX 10-01-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8965896)
I wouldn't go as far as "stupid" but Berry clearly isn't right. Whether it's physical or not remains to be seen but it's sure gotten to him mentally.

That said, one out of four even sucks in baseball, let alone football.

When you're picking #3, #5, #26 and #11 and you only come away with one legitimate player, the odds aren't good that you'll hit the next time out.

It's time for him to go.

Yeah ... there's something wrong with Berry. Respected Planeteers have said that his knee is okay, but I'm unconvinced. Those surgeries don't go perfectly every time and he may not yet be entirely healed. And, of course, there's also the mental aspect of the injury as you say.

The sickening thing about all of this is that Herm (God, am I about to really say this?) could probably have done a better job of making those 1st round picks than Pioli. Then, you have the added problem of converting Dorsey into a 3-4 DE which (I continue to assert) is inconsistent with his nature or talent. In other words, not only have we whiffed on picks entirely, we made little use of good picks we had (Hali being the exception).

Frankly, it's an incredible situation. I'm not sure you could screw this deal up any more had you intentionally made every effort to do so.

FAX

The Bad Guy 10-01-2012 12:11 AM

Of 5 of Cassel's TDs, 1 came in a non-garbage time situation.

CaliforniaChief 10-01-2012 12:18 AM

Fire Pioli.
Fire Romeo.
Dump Cassel.
Draft Smith.
Pay Bowe.

saphojunkie 10-01-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8965981)
Yeah ... there's something wrong with Berry. Respected Planeteers have said that his knee is okay, but I'm unconvinced. Those surgeries don't go perfectly every time and he may not yet be entirely healed. And, of course, there's also the mental aspect of the injury as you say.

The sickening thing about all of this is that Herm (God, am I about to really say this?) could probably have done a better job of making those 1st round picks than Pioli. Then, you have the added problem of converting Dorsey into a 3-4 DE which (I continue to assert) is inconsistent with his nature or talent. In other words, not only have we whiffed on picks entirely, we made little use of good picks we had (Hali being the exception).

Frankly, it's an incredible situation. I'm not sure you could screw this deal up any more had you intentionally made every effort to do so.

FAX

It's painfully obvious to me that the game has simply evolved beyond Romeo's defense. Gimme Rex Ryan's 3-4 and a real QB, and this team is a contender.

Chris Meck 10-01-2012 12:21 AM

I know this.
I moved to Missouri in 1980. I was in third grade. I had never had a pro football team close enough to call a 'home team' before. I was 8.

In all that time, I have never rooted against them-not Bill Kenney, or Steve Fuller, or Blackledge, or Jaworski, or Deberg, or Krieg, or of course Montana, not Bono, Grbac...
until now. I literally hope every time Cassel drops back that he throws a pick. Not tipped-pass-pick, I want him to throw a who-the-hell-was-he-throwing-it-to-pick. I watch the game, and my emotional investment is in willing Matt Cassel to suck so bad that no one could possibly defend him anymore.

That's the only way to have any hope for the future. I feel bad for guys like Hali, who are watching their prime years slip away behind a loser.

I'll watch all season. It doesn't hurt anymore. I'll tell you this, though: If Cassel is still the QB, this will be the last season.

CaliforniaChief 10-01-2012 12:21 AM

I'd take Rex Ryan as a HC.

Papi 10-01-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 8966000)
Fire Pioli.
Fire Romeo.
Dump Cassel.
Draft Smith.
Pay Bowe.

A good start. You have my vote :thumb:

The Bad Guy 10-01-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 8966005)

Get the **** out of here.

I'd take him as a DC, but no ****ing way do I want another retread HC.

BigMeatballDave 10-01-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Do you mean Rob?

saphojunkie 10-01-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 8966000)
Fire Pioli.
Fire Romeo.
Dump Cassel.
Draft Smith.
Pay Bowe.

Five keys to success.

CoMoChief 10-01-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

I would too.