ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Any young QB's worth trading out of the 1st overall for? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266841)

Reerun_KC 11-19-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9134953)
Look Look Look

I'm all for DRAFTING a QB.... since we've never done it.

IN FACT

I'd like to grab 2 or 3 QBs in this offseason/draft.

I'd like to be wise about how we do it.

You cant use the word wise in the same sentence with Chiefs fans and drafting QB...

95% of chiefs fans are completely out of touch with how the NFL works in 2012? IF they werent you wouldnt hear shit about Marty, 90s or Cowher...

This fanbase is ****ing clueless when it comes to the forward passes and superbowls...

Simply Red 11-19-2012 08:44 PM

Peyton Manning

RealSNR 11-19-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9134974)
Russell Wilson/ SNR

Woah woah woah, I actually didn't want any part of Russell Wilson unless he could be had for a 6th/7th round pick. I didn't think he had the talent or the accuracy to make up for his height the way Drew Brees does.

If we need to pick up a Badger QB, though, I hear Brooks Bollinger is available, and could be had Todd Bouman-style. :D

tk13 11-19-2012 08:46 PM

Geno Smith is Kaepernick with much more talent. Pistol QB's unite. Finally, a comparison I can get on board with... aside from the stupid Geno Smith = Aaron Rodgers comparisons.

Seriously though, the Niners have even busted out the pistol formation a couple times tonight. Pretty impressive... although Kaepernick played at Nevada, where they literally invented the offense. He's obviously got a pretty good head on his shoulders.

Titty Meat 11-19-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9135012)
Woah woah woah, I actually didn't want any part of Russell Wilson unless he could be had for a 6th/7th round pick. I didn't think he had the talent or the accuracy to make up for his height the way Drew Brees does.

If we need to pick up a Badger QB, though, I hear Brooks Bollinger is available, and could be had Todd Bouman-style. :D

Hopefully Danny O'Brien declares early

Titty Meat 11-19-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9135018)
Geno Smith is Kaepernick with much more talent. Pistol QB's unite. Finally, a comparison I can get on board with... aside from the stupid Geno Smith = Aaron Rodgers comparisons.

Seriously though, the Niners have even busted out the pistol formation a couple times tonight. Pretty impressive... although Kaepernick played at Nevada, where they literally invented the offense. He's obviously got a pretty good head on his shoulders.

Geno and Kaep are pretty different players.

tk13 11-19-2012 08:48 PM

I know. I'm just trying to make SNR's head explode.

But seriously, all pistol QB's are the same.

RealSNR 11-19-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9134960)
What's the optimal solution for our QB problem? How can we maximize out return?

Draft a QB in the first round.

If it works out, the value isn't a problem.

If he busts, he joins the trash heap of previous Chiefs first rounders Tyson Jackson, Ryan Sims, and others. All that means is that each pick you make in the draft is a gamble. Could work out, or it might not. This one didn't. Whatevs. Draft another QB and move on.

RealSNR 11-19-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9135025)
I know. I'm just trying to make SNR's head explode.

But seriously, all pistol QB's are the same.

It was the Edmund Fitzgerald anniversary the other day. Why didn't you do anything special? Do you not care?

Sorter 11-19-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9135018)

Kaepernick is much faster and more athletic than Geno, despite having a lighter skin color.

Crazy, I know. LMAO

RealSNR 11-19-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9135020)
Hopefully Danny O'Brien declares early

Yeah. We haven't had a good FB on this team since Tony Richardson

tk13 11-19-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9135033)
It was the Edmund Fitzgerald anniversary the other day. Why didn't you do anything special? Do you not care?

LMAO

Whoops. Guess I was too busy traveling down the carefree highway.

MTG#10 11-19-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9134914)
Yeah, because the 49ers are going to give up their QBOTF

You're a miserable ****.

The Bad Guy 11-19-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9135070)
You're a miserable ****.

And you are Eskimo brothers with about 15 teenagers.

-King- 11-19-2012 09:02 PM

Trade our first and third for Mallet. Throw Bowe in if they refuse.