ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc What if TSHTF (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274357)

Old Dog 07-07-2013 02:14 PM

Where my place is situated? Good luck with that.

Edit: was in response to R8ers post in #29

Mr. Laz 07-07-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9796898)
I can't imagine what it would be like in the city. :eek:

it would get nasty fast

especially in big cities where there is nothing but infrastructure and urban areas

what will they do when the water stops and the grocery stores are empty?

if there isn't any timeline for recovery it would be full mob mentality in 2 weeks

R8RFAN 07-07-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9796910)
Where my place is situated? Good luck with that.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jO62JGX8Y6w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tombstone RJ 07-07-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9796838)
First off I am not a prepper except for guns and ammo, with that said.. Also, I am bored with talking about the George Zimmerman Trial

What if The Shit Hit The Fan

Banks were closed and money becomes worthless.
Stores were looted and the shelves were empty.
Electric,Water and Sewer services gone..
Gas rationed heavily, roads probably not fit for movement..

What happens next? How do people react? Whats the best course of action..
What would you do? What happens when people start getting hungry?

your best bet is to gather with a group of people, form some kind of a plan and then try to survive this way. You can't do it all on your own, you have to have help. People working together can overcome a lot of crap. I think many people will be surprised by how much they have in common with each other when TSHTF.

That guy you can't stand because he never mows his damn lawn, that guy might just turn out to be your bff WTSHTF. Blacks, whites, latinos, I think lots of peeps will come together to protect their interests against the bad guys who just want to loot, pillage, rape, steal and cause chaos.

jd1020 07-07-2013 02:18 PM

But will people still be able to text? That's all that matters.

Old Dog 07-07-2013 02:18 PM

RE: your video....you notice he had things to hide behind? Here, notsomuch

Bwana 07-07-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tambaberry (Post 9796861)
Nothing you can really do, accept death cause it wouldn't be to far away.

:spock:

Yeah no.

notorious 07-07-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9796911)
it would get nasty fast

especially in big cities where there is nothing but infrastructure and urban areas

what will they do when the water stops and the grocery stores are empty?

if there isn't any timeline for recovery it would be full mob mentality in 2 weeks

It would get very ugly, but nobody could survive in town. The survivors will need to spread out to find food and water.

City folk, in the country.............

Old Dog 07-07-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9796920)
:spock:

Yeah no.

I swear, some of these sonsabitches wouldn't last 12 minutes without someone to take care of them.

EDIT: I'm not saying every poster in this thread, but there seem to be a few.

Bwana 07-07-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9796922)
I swear, some of these sonsabitches wouldn't last 12 minutes without someone to take care of them.

No shit.

jd1020 07-07-2013 02:24 PM

If this happened I wouldn't have to spend $60 to play DayZ.

Old Dog 07-07-2013 02:25 PM

On the bright side, most of them will be the ones that don't last 48 hours (let alone a week) and then if/when things start to normalize we'll have some of the sewage out of the gene pool.

notorious 07-07-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9796924)
If this happened I wouldn't have to spend $60 to play DayZ.

When I get killed for the 11tybillionth time on DayZ I wonder if a real apocalypse might be easier than that game.

Tombstone RJ 07-07-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9796921)
It would get very ugly, but nobody could survive in town. The survivors will need to spread out to find food and water.

City folk, in the country.............

I think people fleeing the city will be the biggest problem due to the fact that they are fleeing because big cities will be chaos. It will be an excuse for the bad guys to go crazy and reek havoc, causing all the law abiding folks to flee. The question is, will these fleeing folks help or hurt others who are spread out and in the smaller communities.

I have no doubt the smaller communities can survive. I think the citizens of these smaller communities will come together and form a collective. It's the spill off from the big cities that will pose the greatest danger.

R8RFAN 07-07-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9796918)
RE: your video....you notice he had things to hide behind? Here, notsomuch

That can be an advantage or a disadvantage ... Hell a flaming remote controlled airplane can do the same thing... Sounds dumb but a hungry man would be desperate