ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Remaining Free Agent D-Linemen (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271116)

DJ's left nut 03-13-2013 08:34 PM

Remaining Free Agent D-Linemen

The market's pretty much dried up for these guys, but there are still a few intriguing possibilities, especially if we would consider being a little 'scheme diverse' so I figured I'd throw some names out there and see what anyone thinks.

Michael Bennett - Bucs: Has played his whole career in a 4-3 and may not be stout enough at the point of attack to play as a 3-4 end. Worth the effort?

Israel Idonije - Bears: Same story as Bennett; career 4-3 guy. That said, he's a little bigger and a little stronger. He's also older so he may not be the kind of target we're after, but I think he could be a nice situational pass rusher for us and should come cheap.

Freeney: Barely worth mentioning, I can't imagine he has any interest in another year as a 3-4 end and he was damn uninspiring in the role in Indy. I think he's actually a better fit for the job than he does, but I just see no way he takes a job in a 3-4 scheme unless it's OLB.

Derek Landri - Eagles: Eh, just not sure if he's effective enough as a rusher to be worth the roster spot. He flashes at times and may be an upgrade, but I don't think you can really count on it.

Sedrick Ellis - Saints: Too short for a 3-4 DE? Probably, but he can actually make some noise as an interior rusher. I'd be willing to give him a shot. He's been a disappointment the last 2 years, but maybe a 1-yr, make good deal will be a good boost for him.

Richard Seymour - Raiders: Most intriguing name on the list by a country mile. If he's healthy, he's a monster. Probably wants to play for a contender, though. Man he could be perfect for us, though.

Sammie Lee Hill - Lions...oh wait, we let the !@#$ing Titans get him when we were courting Glenn Dorsey's italian cousin.

Any other ideas? Any potential cap casualties that are floating around out there? We absolutely have to generate some push from the down linemen this year and apart from the draft, I don't see where we're going to manage it. Any better options we should be pursuing?

O.city 03-13-2013 08:36 PM

Seymour and a bunch of meh.

Gotta be the draft.

Sorter 03-13-2013 08:37 PM

Seymour.

Would work out Idonije and Ellis though.

The Franchise 03-13-2013 08:38 PM

I'm still pissed we didn't go after Hill. Damnt....

NIUhuskies 03-13-2013 08:40 PM

idonije is a beast, would come cheap, great rotational player and also has a knack for blocking FGs...

would love to get him. watch Dave Toub try to get him for ST purposes too

Sofa King 03-14-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9495471)
I'm still pissed we didn't go after Hill. Damnt....

You've been clammoring for him for at least 2 years

AussieChiefsFan 03-14-2013 12:20 AM

Seymour would be great.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9496380)
Seymour would be great.

If this were 2006.

I doubt he plays for league minimum, which at this point, is all he's worth.

Direckshun 03-14-2013 12:26 AM

I'd say none of them at this point. I'd take a DL with the first overall pick, either Lotulelei or Floyd.

But of course, I'm not the Chiefs, am I.

MGRS13 03-14-2013 12:32 AM

Marcus Spears was released today. Played well in the 3-4.

Masterchief 03-14-2013 12:35 AM

I heard pollard and carr were released...any chance in bringin one of those guys back??

thePhoenix 03-14-2013 12:36 AM

Has RJF signed yet I saw he was being courted by the Eagles and Colts. He has played well in spot duty behind Justin and Isaac at end and nose tackle over the years.

Fritz88 03-14-2013 12:38 AM

I don't know why but I am laughing nonstop at the Italian cousin line.
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Lee 03-14-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9496410)
I'd say none of them at this point. I'd take a DL with the first overall pick, either Lotulelei or Floyd.

But of course, I'm not the Chiefs, am I.

Why? So we can have another DL 1st round bust?

ChiefMojo 03-14-2013 07:02 AM

RJF has not signed with anyone yet. Left Philly without signing.