ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Newest Bracketology: KU #5 seed, TX #1 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=135947)

banyon 02-06-2006 07:02 PM

New Bracketology Out:2/20 KU #4 Seed

:KU: bracket looks like this:

Greensboro
(1) DUKE (25-1)
(16) ALBANY (16-9) / Amer East

(8) Cincinnati (17-9)
(9) Kentucky (17-9)

San Diego
(5) LSU (17-7)
(12) UAB (18-5)

(4) KANSAS (18-6)
(13) WISC.-MILW. (17-8) / Horizon

Dayton
(6) North Carolina (17-6)
(11) Arkansas (17-8)

(3) Pittsburgh (20-4)
(14) MURRAY ST (19-5) / OVC

Dayton
(7) Washington (20-5)
(10) So. Illinois (18-8)

(2) Ohio State (19-4)
(15) IUPUI (16-7) / Mid-Con
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

:KU: moves up one spot to a #4 seed. Wow. I thought we'd have to beat Texas to get that high. Now we have LSU as 2nd round opponent instead of G. Washington. Probably a better team for us to match up with IMHO. But I really like the benefit of moving up one seed in the 1st round. Now we draw Wisc-Milwaukee instead of UAB. That's much better. Usually the worst seed an at large team will get is a 12, so as a 4 we'd be guaranteed a conference champ, which is usually a little easier. Still in San Diego. Texas and Memphis still get the Dallas pod. Still in the Duke bracket. Oh well.

banyon 02-06-2006 07:03 PM

Jack Harry is pissed on "the Spot" b/c :KU: isn't ranked. That's silly. We beat a lower tier ranked team (OK) at home. Yeah Colorado should've dropped out, but LSU still should've been ahead of us.

Dunit35 02-06-2006 07:05 PM

Hopfeully KU pulls it out and makes the tourny.

DJJasonp 02-06-2006 07:10 PM

I dont want any piece of Villanova....they're going to be a tough out come tourney time.

I wouldnt mind taking on Duke. I'd like to see Chalmers on Reddick.....

LiL stumppy 02-06-2006 07:14 PM

those bastereds

FloridaMan88 02-06-2006 07:15 PM

That is a pretty loaded bracket, especially towards the bottom. Teams like Kansas, Kentucky, Wichita St, George Mason, Nevada, Maryland, and Manhattan all dangerous lower seeds in that region

Bearcat 02-06-2006 07:30 PM

I think if they finish strong, they would be deserving of a #5 or #6... between #17-24 overall. As said in another thread, it'll be a great March, because there are no expectations.

I hate ESPN for loving Kentucky so much... they are not one of the top 35 teams in the nation. After KU smacked them around, it was all about "the Kentucky loss"... and even after talking about how they barely beat Iona and Central Florida at home, they would say they had a good chance of getting in. They have the same chance as KU to get better and prove they belong before selection Sunday, but they haven't done it yet. Teams shouldn't get in because they're KU or UK, no matter what the fan base or ESPN says.

htismaqe 02-06-2006 07:34 PM

Frankly, this bracketology sucks.

Iowa is currently 6th in the RPI and all alone in 1st place atop the Big 10 (highest conference RPI among all conferences). They've also played more RPI Top 50's than almost anyone, and have a winning record against them.

I'm not saying they should be a #1 or even #2 seed, but having them as a #4 is ridiculous.

banyon 02-06-2006 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp
I dont want any piece of Villanova....they're going to be a tough out come tourney time.

I wouldnt mind taking on Duke. I'd like to see Chalmers on Reddick.....

Nova is too guard-oriented without Curtis Sumpter. It's too bad they lost him, or they'd probably be #1 right now. Without him tough, they are prone to an off-shooting night. They'll lose a couple of more games in the Big East. I'd sure rather face them than Duke, although neither is an easy task.

HolmeZz 02-06-2006 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Frankly, this bracketology sucks.

Iowa is currently 6th in the RPI and all alone in 1st place atop the Big 10 (highest conference RPI among all conferences). They've also played more RPI Top 50's than almost anyone, and have a winning record against them.

I'm not saying they should be a #1 or even #2 seed, but having them as a #4 is ridiculous.

I don't think they're better than any of the 3 seeds.

htismaqe 02-06-2006 07:39 PM

They've already beaten Illinois (#2) once and they're better than LSU (#3).

banyon 02-06-2006 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
They've already beaten Illinois (#2) once and they're better than LSU (#3).

I was about to blast your :IA: lovin', but then I looked at their schedule and decided I couldn't back that up. They have beaten some pretty good teams.

IMO,

http://images.sportsline.com/images/...l/logos/IA.gif Quality Wins: Kentucky, N.C. State, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio St., Michigan

Bad Losses: @Iowa St (by 12); @Michigan St (by 30)

http://images.sportsline.com/images/.../logos/LSU.gif Quality Wins: @West Va, Tennessee, Alabama

Bad Losses: Houston (good Loss? @ UCONN by 1)

After reviewing the resumes, I believe you just may be right about these two teams.

HolmeZz 02-06-2006 08:08 PM

I wasn't talking about resumes. I was stating I don't think they're better than any of the 3 seeds.

banyon 02-06-2006 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
I wasn't talking about resumes. I was stating I don't think they're better than any of the 3 seeds.

Yeah, but tourney resume or not, :IA: has been more consistent against better competition. Head to head, Iowa might lose to LSU, because they don't really match up too well with Glen Davis. But against the tournament field, I think there are more teams that I could see Iowa beating than LSU.

tk13 02-06-2006 08:19 PM

Yeah Iowa probably deserves to be higher, but as tough as the Big Ten is there's still a lot of time for teams to make a big move up or down.

I'd like to see that Washington DC bracket come to fruition, that'd be one tough bracket.