ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Roddy White could miss multiple games (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277259)

Mr. Laz 10-09-2013 03:44 PM

Roddy White could miss multiple games

Report: Roddy White could miss multiple games with hamstring injury
By Will Brinson | NFL Writer
October 9, 2013 9:37 am ET

It hasn't been a very good 48 hours for the Falcons. They lost to the Jets at home on a Monday night, fell to 1-4 and it appears as if superstar wideout Julio Jones could be out for the season with a foot injury. Now add Roddy White to the list of issues.

White suffered a hamstring injury and wasn't able to return to the game against New York. Now Adam Schefter of ESPN reports the Falcons are concerned White could miss "could miss at least one game, possibly more" because of the hamstring injury he suffered on Monday.

Let's just go ahead and assume that Jones, best case, is out several months (10 weeks in the absolute best case?). He's getting a second opinion in Charlotte on Wednesday and Falcons coach Mike Smith said Tuesday at his press conference he wasn't very optimistic.

Take away White because of the hammy injury and suddenly Matt Ryan is left with nothing. Tony Gonzalez is a very good tight end, even at his age, but if he's Ryan's top weapon he'll be smothered by double coverage the entire time.

Ryan's offensive line is also thinned out by injury -- you could really see the lack of protection in the penetration from Sheldon Richardson and Mo Wilkerson on Monday -- and he doesn't have time to throw. He needs dynamic playmakers to help right the ship.

But those playmakers sure don't look like they'll take the field any time soon, which means the Falcons struggles could easily continue.

Mother****erJones 10-09-2013 03:47 PM

Team is falling apart. Bye this week but next week I believe they play at ARI. 1-4 now. I think TG gets traded

BigMeatballDave 10-09-2013 03:53 PM

Gonzalez will have 20 catches.

KCrockaholic 10-09-2013 03:53 PM

That's a shitty way to go out if you're Tony.

BlackHelicopters 10-09-2013 03:54 PM

Harry Douglas is now the top wideout.

Rausch 10-09-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 10067737)

:D

KChiefer 10-09-2013 04:12 PM

That MNF game against NYJ was hilarious when ATL went for it on 4th TWICE to end the half only to be denied. TAKE THE POINTS EARLY! ATL should know this as it's basically how they beat the Seahawks last year in the playoffs. SEA went for it early instead of taking the points that they they needed later in the game.

BigMeatballDave 10-09-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 10067737)

Not really. He can pad his stats. :)

Mother****erJones 10-09-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 10067787)
That MNF game against NYJ was hilarious when ATL went for it on 4th TWICE to end the half only to be denied. TAKE THE POINTS EARLY! ATL should know this as it's basically how they beat the Seahawks last year in the playoffs. SEA went for it early instead of taking the points that they they needed later in the game.

Ya you never chase points.

Mr. Laz 10-09-2013 04:21 PM

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 18m
In a 24 hour-stretch, season officially ended for Julio Jones, Ahmad Bradshaw and Mark Sanchez.

Bowser 10-09-2013 04:23 PM

Damn, it's just raining shit on Atlanta these days.

CaliforniaChief 10-09-2013 04:26 PM

It's amazing how injuries can just completely reshape a team's outlook. In a 3 week stretch we lost our starting TE, Jamaal Charles, and Eric Berry to ACL's and we all knew we were screwed. It's the one part of the game you have almost no control over.

And on a related note, we're damned lucky Charles didn't shred his knee on that tackle at Tennessee Sunday. Scared the bejesus out of me.

lcarus 10-09-2013 04:27 PM

They should have sat Roddy until he was fully healthy anyway.

Mr. Laz 10-09-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 10067826)
It's amazing how injuries can just completely reshape a team's outlook. In a 3 week stretch we lost our starting TE, Jamaal Charles, and Eric Berry to ACL's and we all knew we were screwed. It's the one part of the game you have almost no control over.

And on a related note, we're damned lucky Charles didn't shred his knee on that tackle at Tennessee Sunday. Scared the bejesus out of me.

it scared Charles too

he basically dropped the ball it freaked him out so much

CaliforniaChief 10-09-2013 05:00 PM

Yeah, and honestly when Charles got up and got back, I didn't even care about the fumble. Honestly, I've never cared so little about a turnover in my life.