ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Mrs. Buehler445 has a bun in the oven. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275515)

WhawhaWhat 08-22-2013 02:59 PM

Who's the father?

I assume you're terrified because you're afraid that guy may come back.

j/k congrats. :)

Predarat 08-22-2013 03:01 PM

Congrats and best wishes!

seclark 08-22-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9906497)
You should be. Unless you have in-laws who will help out, your life as you know it is completely ending.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9906543)
Total croc of shit.

yep...

Prison Bitch 08-22-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9906543)
Total croc of shit. Your life will actually just begin. You will realize that some of the things that you once considered a priority are now just "things". Your focus will be on being a role model, a father, a teacher, a friend.

I remember everyone telling me how "your life is over" and shit. Total BS. Do I hunt and fish AS MUCH as I used to? Not really, but not because I can't. It ends up being because I don't want to. I find myself turning down invites to golf, hunt, travel, etc., all because I don't want to be away from the kids. Congrats man! Your life is about to become wonderful!

That doesn't come for years. The first several years of a kids life you deal with screaming at 3am, dirty diapers, lying on the floor tantrums at the store when you say something he doesn't like, locking up everything around the house so he doesn't get into it, having your house painted/torn up at will, and of course the extra costs. And no time to yourself.

Having the Budweiser with your son leaning on the fencepost talking about life? Yeah, maybe in 20 years or so.

seclark 08-22-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9906561)
That doesn't come for years. The first several years of a kids life you deal with screaming at 3am, dirty diapers, lying on the floor tantrums at the store when you say something he doesn't like, locking up everything around the house so he doesn't get into it, having your house painted/torn up at will, and of course the extra costs. And no time to yourself.

Having the Budweiser with your son leaning on the fencepost talking about life? Yeah, maybe in 20 years or so.

damn dude, I feel sorry for your kids.
sec

Buck 08-22-2013 03:05 PM

Congrats, name him Buck.

Dave Lane 08-22-2013 03:07 PM

It wasn't me I swear!!

loochy 08-22-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9906472)
Due 3/2/14, our first one. We're excited. Well, she's excited, I'm terrified.

Since I'm a baby n00b, I'd take any advice/tips/CP knowledge about kids and raising them.

I think if you are terrified then you'll be OK. It means you take it seriously. It's the dudes that think it's no big deal that will be in trouble.

Buehler445 08-22-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9906544)
My advice:

Don't kill the baby.

If you stick to that, you'll be fine. :thumb:

Always with the poignant advice.

I think I can keep the thing alive and kicking, but I'm bound to screw it up somehow. And that's what I'm terrified of. I think linearly and logically. Kids well, don't. I just don't want to screw a kid up in the head.

Easy 6 08-22-2013 03:08 PM

Tips?

Change your share of diapers and give wifey a break on those 3am feedings as often as you can, other than that its really pretty easy to be a parent when they're just little handfuls... feed'em, burp'em, talk to and tickle'em often for stimulus, that's about it for now.

The harder stuff comes later...

FlaChief58 08-22-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9906561)

You see those as bad things, I see them as memories that I would not trade for anything in the world.

Buehler445 08-22-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9906566)
Congrats, name him Buck.

Thanks.

No.

Interestingly enough, I actually have a friend with a brother named Buck. Now I don't know if that is some nickname or something or if the parents actually took a look at the kid and said, "yep. That's Buck."

Buehler445 08-22-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9906572)
Tips?

Change your share of diapers and give wifey a break on those 3am feedings as often as you can, other than that its really pretty easy to be a parent when they're just little handfuls... feed'em, burp'em, talk to and tickle'em often for stimulus, that's about it for now.

The harder stuff comes later...

Yeah, the later stuff is what I'm worried about.

The Franchise 08-22-2013 03:12 PM

Congrats. Be glad you didn't have twins.

:facepalm:

DeezNutz 08-22-2013 03:12 PM

You'll go from n00b to "expert" in about a day. Your child will be a source of entertainment and joy that you never thought possible. This is coming from someone who had no experience with children prior to having one.

Congrats, dude.