ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Thank you Kansas City (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295712)

CanadaKC 10-29-2015 11:57 PM

Thank you Kansas City

Even though I didn't get a chance to meet any Planeteers in person, I wanted to say thank you to your city for its hospitality and splendour. My wife, daughter, and I arrived in KC Saturday and stayed at the Marriot Courtyard Hotel. Awesome building, even though my daughter thought it was haunted. We wandered through the plaza, and ended up waiting an hour and a half for Jack Stack BBQ. We sat next to a bunch of Steelers, including LeVeon Bell, who acted like complete douches. Wouldn't even get their pics taken with rabid Steeler fans wishing them all the best (ok…D. Wiliams said yes to ONE) The food was great and we loved the architecture of the buildings. Could easily live there, and I live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. The people were fantastic and the best part was Arrowhead. We sat in the middle section of the stadium which was fantastic. Watching the Chiefs beat Pittsburgh was great and seeing Berry get an interception was icing on the cake. We will come back for sure…see you the next time around. Cheers! CanadaKC

Baby Lee 10-30-2015 12:00 AM

What did you have at JackStack? I'm assuming you went to the railyard downtown?

Bufkin 10-30-2015 12:09 AM

Jack Stack is literally the most delicious restaurant I've ever been to. I try to go at least a few times a year when I'm in KC.

I've ordered the same thing since I first went. A half order of fried mushrooms with homemade ranch, the hickory and Cajun chicken wings, and a Dr. Pepper. Damn I'm hungry.

stevieray 10-30-2015 12:12 AM

Right on !

KC does that to people..some say the best kept secret in the country.

That's awesome you had a great time..and a Chiefs win!

:rockon:

Discuss Thrower 10-30-2015 12:44 AM

Migrate southward good sir. Migrate southward.

eDave 10-30-2015 03:16 AM

This is nice. I couldn't wait to get out of KC. But now that I am older, and visiting more, I miss it and appreciate how cool KC is.

Glad you and yours enjoyed your visit. The K is a beautiful park.

Cheater5 10-30-2015 06:06 AM

This is cool. My sister works for the SF Giants, and they flew their entire front office into town for the WS. Everyone was blown away at the hospitality shown by folks at the hotel, restaurants, and especially the stadium. Mind you, they were decked out in black/orange Giants kit and expected a less than pleasant experience. Hands down, they all said KC was the nicest city they've ever travelled to.

Anyway I'm kind of with eDave in that I couldn't wait to leave, but I do miss KC. It was a great place to grow up.

temper11 10-30-2015 09:24 AM

Was in KC for business a few years back and padded a day into my trip to see the city a little bit. Did all the touristy stuff like the WW1 museum, the negro leagues Hall of Fame, the Jazz Museum, etc. etc. and really liked the city.

I was told however before I went to be very careful to avoid grass due to the "Chiggers"? Which are apparently some kind of bug that burrow into skin? Is this a real thing or was I getting jerked around?

Donger 10-30-2015 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 11848439)
Was in KC for business a few years back and padded a day into my trip to see the city a little bit. Did all the touristy stuff like the WW1 museum, the negro leagues Hall of Fame, the Jazz Museum, etc. etc. and really liked the city.

I was told however before I went to be very careful to avoid grass due to the "Chiggers"? Which are apparently some kind of bug that burrow into skin? Is this a real thing or was I getting jerked around?

Absolutely real, and one of the things I don't miss about Kansas City:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trombiculidae

temper11 10-30-2015 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 11848446)
Absolutely real, and one of the things I don't miss about Kansas City:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trombiculidae

Was just looking it up after I typed my previous message. Now I'm itchy.

Prison Bitch 10-30-2015 09:41 AM

Glad you had a great time.

kepp 10-30-2015 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 11848439)

You do not want chigger bites.

Fish 10-30-2015 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11848178)
Jack Stack is literally the most delicious restaurant I've ever been to. I try to go at least a few times a year when I'm in KC.

I've ordered the same thing since I first went. A half order of fried mushrooms with homemade ranch, the hickory and Cajun chicken wings, and a Dr. Pepper. Damn I'm hungry.

You visit Kansas City, and you only eat ****ing chicken wings? What the hell is wrong with you?

Donger 10-30-2015 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 11848448)
Was just looking it up after I typed my previous message. Now I'm itchy.

I didn't read that entire Wiki, but the little bastards like to do their business in tight, hot places. Like waistbands. And the crotch.

Donger 10-30-2015 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11848485)
You visit Kansas City, and you only eat ****ing chicken wings? What the hell is wrong with you?

He's Canadian. Give him a break.