ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pat Kirwan-Final mock draft: Plenty of movement down the stretch (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183667)

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-25-2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiL stumpy (Post 4709579)
ROFL Star Players. How stupid can you be, have you ever played or coach football past pee wee or middle school? JW?

Last time I check Eli Manning isn't a "star" QB. He can be very good at times, but by no means a star. And what the hell are these "star" athletes going to do when every play there is a big DL or LB in their face 3 yards into the backfield because no one can block for them? Please explain this to me, you obviously know what your talking about.

Hate to point this out to you, jackfuck, but Michael Strahan, Plax Burress, Osi Umenyiora, and Antonio Pierce are stars.

Mecca 04-25-2008 07:43 PM

I don't care how good your line is, if you don't have any stars you aren't gonna win.

You think the Pats or Colts would win without their cornerstone star QB's?

Every team has to have core star players that the teams are built around.

Mecca 04-25-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 4709585)
Hate to point this out to you, jackfuck, but Michael Strahan, Plax Burress, Osi Umenyiora, and Antonio Pierce are stars.

Shh, they obviously don't count...

DeezNutz 04-25-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Pierce? :hmmm: Compared to our linebackers or the rest of the league?

dirk digler 04-25-2008 07:47 PM

This is a silly mock draft Ryan isn't going to fall to 9.

I would be very happy with Long, Gholsten, Dorsey, Ellis at #5 and an OL at 17.

philfree 04-25-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

ROFL Star Players. How stupid can you be, have you ever played or coach football past pee wee or middle school? JW?

Last time I check Eli Manning isn't a "star" QB. He can be very good at times, but by no means a star. And what the hell are these "star" athletes going to do when every play there is a big DL or LB in their face 3 yards into the backfield because no one can block for them? Please explain this to me, you obviously know what your talking about.

Eli played like a star during the playoffs so i'd say he became a star this past post season.

PhilFree:arrow:

aturnis 04-25-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4709568)
Um those are 2 things the team needs if you haven't noticed..

I thought only idiots drafted based on need?

Mo-ron

Deberg_1990 04-25-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Do you realize Eli made several huge plays down the stretch and in the playoffs for the Giants??? The Giants would not have won the Super Bowl without him.

blueballs 04-25-2008 07:54 PM

Who cares what this girl thinks

LiL stumppy 04-25-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Yes, and two of them are linemen.

jackfuck

ROFL

Brock 04-25-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4709610)
Do you realize Eli made several huge plays down the stretch and in the playoffs for the Giants??? The Giants would not have won the Super Bowl without him.

Actually, any number of qbs could have done what he did.

LiL stumppy 04-25-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 4709599)
Eli played like a star during the playoffs so i'd say he became a star this past post season.

PhilFree:arrow:

He was very inconsistent, I'm not saying he wont be, but he wasn't this season. Although he did play very well in the Playoffs.

Deberg_1990 04-25-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 4709615)
Actually, any number of qbs could have done what he did.

Perhaps....but dont knock Eli for making the plays when he had to.

LiL stumppy 04-25-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4709587)
I don't care how good your line is, if you don't have any stars you aren't gonna win.

You think the Pats or Colts would win without their cornerstone star QB's?

Every team has to have core star players that the teams are built around.

Your saying we don't have any key players? LJ, Gonzo, DJ,Tamba, Bowe aren't players you can build a team around?

Brock 04-25-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4709623)
Perhaps....but dont knock Eli for making the plays when he had to.

I give him every bit of credit for not screwing it up. However, I would also put his odds pretty long on ever doing it again.