ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Are the Chargers the most overrated team in the NFL? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287613)

jspchief 10-19-2014 05:51 PM

I don't know about the team being overrated. I think they're a lot like KC in that they are good enough to beat any team but struggle to play great consistently.

On a related note... is it just me or is Phyllis Rivers just an ok QB against KC? I'm sure hes had some good games against, but I never feel overly concerned about facing Rivers.

OldSchool 10-19-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 11031211)
I don't know about the team being overrated. I think they're a lot like KC in that they are good enough to beat any team but struggle to play great consistently.

On a related note... is it just me or is Phyllis Rivers just an ok QB against KC? I'm sure hes had some good games against, but I never feel overly concerned about facing Rivers.

Having a good pass rush will do that.

sd4chiefs 10-19-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 11031196)
First off, good game, Chiefs - a well-deserved win. We just had no answer for Charles. And the refs were helping us all game aside from that late facemask call, making the loss even more embarrassing.

Admittedly, our terrible luck with injuries is catching up to us a bit, but yes, this team is still pretty overrated. Our defense is piss-poor aside from the rare games when Flowers and Verrett are both healthy, and they can't be counted on to win any game. Pagano's been here for three years and the same problems exist now from when he took over. They still commit stupid penalties. A third-and-long is still a near-automatic first down. There's still no adjustments from his vanilla schemes. I'd have fired his ass alongside Norv, but he really does need to go after this season. Aside from the defense, Keenan Allen has been a ghost all year and the O-line is a turnstile.

This team has a lot of deficiencies that have been covered up by Rivers' play and an easy schedule. As soon as Rivers had an off game by his standards, the entire team immediately looked like ass... that's not a coincidence. The winning streak was fun, but I never quite bought us as a legitimate contender this year and I still think it's another 9-7, sneak into the playoffs year. The schedule only gets tougher from here and we don't have the players (or coaching) to adjust.

Thanks for your post. It just seemed that the media hype in San Diego has been over blowing how good they are.

Easy 6 10-19-2014 05:54 PM

Not at all, their defense is very underrated. They did a pretty good job against the run and really limited the big play opportunities, that Liuget guy is a stud.

And with Rivers and co thats a very dangerous offense... cant believe some people are poo pooing this road win against a very tough team.

GoChargers 10-19-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4chiefs (Post 11031216)
Thanks for your post. It just seemed that the media hype in San Diego has been over blowing how good they are.

You can't go by the San Diego media. They're all a bunch of ball-less homers who tout the company line... they spent years defending AJ and Norv.

Gadzooks 10-19-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 11031231)
You can't go by the San Diego media. They're all a bunch of ball-less homers who tout the company line... they spent years defending AJ and Norv.

:LOL:Agreed. I think that's why most of the Cali based Chiefs fans hate the Chargers so much.

It's sickening to listen to, even as a Chargers fan, I'll tend to avoid San Diego based media as much as I can.:shake:

GoChargers 10-19-2014 06:08 PM

I will say that on a national level, the Bengals are by far the most overrated team and it's not even close. They were literally being slurped as the best team in the league and Super Bowl favorites a couple weeks ago.

58-4ever 10-19-2014 06:09 PM

We could have won the SF game... and I still can't decide what really happened against Tennessee. They are obviously bad. They just seemed unprepared.

RINGLEADER 10-19-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 11031071)
Defense is lacking but their offense is top 5.

The offense today didn't show it. Not only did we outrush them 2-1, but KC also put up more yards thru the air. I believe they did it against Denver too. Both times on the road.

2bikemike 10-19-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4chiefs (Post 11031216)

Yep, which is one of the reasons I always want to beat the Chargers. If they lose Thursday, and then again at Miami the wheels will start coming of the Band Wagon. The fans seemed pretty loud today.

I don't think they will win in Denver but I doubt they lose 3 in row facing Miami. They have had a very favorable schedule that covered up their traditional slow starts.

sd4chiefs 10-19-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 11031258)
:LOL:Agreed. I think that's why most of the Cali based Chiefs fans hate the Chargers so much.

It's sickening to listen to, even as a Chargers fan, I'll tend to avoid San Diego based media as much as I can.:shake:

Wow! I thought it was just me being a Chiefs homer who thought the SD media was full of it. From now on maybe I will not be just a Charger hater.

Gadzooks 10-19-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 11031284)
We could have won the SF game... and I still can't decide what really happened against Tennessee. They are obviously bad. They just seemed unprepared.

I don't think KC had played against a healthy Locker before. It's so rare.

He's pretty good.

RINGLEADER 10-19-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 11031299)
I don't think KC had played against a healthy Locker before. It's so rare.

He's pretty good.

Personally that Titans game was a combination of losing DJ on the field and Reid losing his mind in-game.

All of Alex's deficiencies are well documented but to his credit he has 9TDs and 1INT in the past 5 games.

ThaVirus 10-19-2014 06:20 PM

They put up 20 points in 20 minutes.

I'd say "no".

BigMeatballDave 10-19-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 11031279)
I will say that on a national level, the Bengals are by far the most overrated team and it's not even close. They were literally being slurped as the best team in the league and Super Bowl favorites a couple weeks ago.

Absolutely.

Inform Claynus how shitty Dalton is.