ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Craig's List post on Ed Bozarth (Topeka) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230323)

Lzen 07-06-2010 07:25 AM

Craig's List post on Ed Bozarth (Topeka)

http://topeka.craigslist.org/ctd/1827628546.html

That sucks. Doesn't surprise me with those guys. What do you guys think of Bozarth's?

Saulbadguy 07-06-2010 07:29 AM

Meh. It's business. My tip is don't live 3 1/2 hours away from civilization.

Old Dog 07-06-2010 07:31 AM

Not seeing the big deal really. It's not sold until it's paid for.

mikeyis4dcats. 07-06-2010 07:32 AM

I wouldn't deal with Bozarth for anything, but that's unrelated to this.

ArrowheadHawk 07-06-2010 07:36 AM

Maybe they should shop closer to home and buy when they get there.

AndChiefs 07-06-2010 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 6861440)
Maybe they should shop closer to home and buy when they get there.

The only time you do something like this is when you're buying a rare car you can only find every once in awhile. For some reason I doubt there was anything really special about this car.

Reerun_KC 07-06-2010 07:51 AM

Sounds like their customer service is second to none....

Bugeater 07-06-2010 08:12 AM

Meh, they have no way of knowing if someone is really going to show up or not. The guy should've offered a substantial deposit via credit card before he left home.

Lzen 07-06-2010 08:14 AM

I wouldn't expect them to hold anything. And that is simply for the fact that the guy may get there, look it over, and decide that it has problems and he doesn't want it after all. I totally understand how a dealership has to work this way. But the salesman should have been up front about that in the first place. He should never have lead the guy to believe that they would hold it for him until he got there. I have dealt with those guys (Mike and Chris)just recently) and he is right in suggesting that they are scumbags. This is exactly why I trust car sales people about as much as I trust politicians.

Lzen 07-06-2010 08:17 AM

Also, at the very least the mgr should have apologized profusely and talked to his sale people about not doing this sort of thing. Its bad for the reputation. Then again, they have not had the best rep. for many years and it doesn't seem to bother them.

I haven't bought a vehicle from that place in 14 years because of this and also the fact that they are high on their vehicles and refuse to be reasonable when you make an offer.

I also had issues with their service dept. about 8 years ago. They were crap. I love how they always claim their service is rated #1 or whatever. That claim seems dubious to me.

mikeyis4dcats. 07-06-2010 08:20 AM

The stories I've heard about how employees are treated there are amazing.

Lzen 07-06-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6861482)
The stories I've heard about how employees are treated there are amazing.

My uncle used to be the service manager there years ago. Yeah, they hosed him pretty good. He went back eventually and now he sells new cars from what I hear. Not sure why you would go back to a place that did that to you, but I think he is one of those people that likes familiarity more than anything. :shake:

Bugeater 07-06-2010 08:25 AM

I don't think people realize what a colossal pain in the ass it can be to try to buy a vehicle from out of town. I did it last year when I bought my truck but I'll never do it again unless I have a connection in the area that can at least give the vehicle a looking over before I make the trip. Pictures on the internet can be very deceiving.

Lzen 07-06-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 6861487)
I don't think people realize what a colossal pain in the ass it can be to try to buy a vehicle from out of town. I did it last year when I bought my truck but I'll never do it again unless I have a connection in the area that can at least give the vehicle a looking over before I make the trip. Pictures on the internet can be very deceiving.

So true. I usually buy in KC, though. I have to make a day of it looking at several vehicles just to make it worth my time/effort.

mikeyis4dcats. 07-06-2010 10:26 AM

my brother bought a car from a KC dealer last year and it was a disaster. Had to make 3 trips back to finalize the deal and straighten our irregularities in the GM Certified paperwork, get his floormats they kept giving the run around on, etc.

Never buy from McCarthy Chevy.